NCAA Allows Early Signing For Mid-December
Posted: 14 April 2017 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4663
Joined  2009-09-09

http://www.tigernet.com/update/NCAA-Council-votes-early-signing-period-26603?ref=front

I love it.  It should greatly diminish the spectacle of National Signing day.

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 14 April 2017 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  863
Joined  2011-04-22

I would have preferred it in the late summer instead of right in the middle of coaching search season, but it at least resets the field for the final six weeks before the February NSD. No more soft commits. Either you’re signed or uncommitted after the December signing period.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 14 April 2017 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3548
Joined  2013-01-17

They’ve also tried to add another rule for oversigning capping it to 25 recruits per year.  “Also bundled in the proposal is the limitation of annual scholarships to 25. This is a move to do away with oversigning and to reduce the practice of grayshirting, a tactic by which schools delay the enrollment of a prospect until the following January so his signing would technically count as part of the next class.

The legislation limits to 25 the number of prospects whose aid is initially offered in the fall term of an academic year. Before, rules limited to 25 the number of prospects allowed to sign from Dec. 1 through May 31. This portion of the changes will affect newcomers in the 2018 signing class.”

I’m interested to see how this plays out as the SEC if full of teams that seam to oversign every year.  I would love to see a cap on it. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19157689/ncaa-division-council-passes-proposal-overhauling-college-football-recruiting-rules

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 17 April 2017 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2010-06-05

This will be good for big programs, that can afford to tell kids they better get onboard now or they’ll lose their spot. Conversely, it will put some kids in a bad spot.

Signature 

Go Noles.

Posted: 18 April 2017 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11272
Joined  2008-10-29

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Swinney-fan-stupid-rule-coaches-hire-unethically-15799

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Clemson fans, if I offer you 4-1 when the calendar turns to October (basically meaning Tigers go 2-1 vs. AUB, at LOU, at VT), do you take it?

Nah, 5-0 sounds better.