NCAA Eliminates 2-A-Day Practices
Posted: 14 April 2017 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4946
Joined  2009-09-09

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2017-04-14/college-football-di-council-votes-eliminate-football-two-days

My, the NCAA reallyl can do more things than meddle in a state’s social lives…they are showing that they can act as a ruling body pertaining to college athletics..wow.

They are have a big day today….

I understand the need for safety, but the nature of football is a “violent” sport and I wonder if they are started to water the game down too much?

I wonder how this is going to work out?

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 14 April 2017 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3784
Joined  2013-01-17

It says they are keeping the same number of practices.  I will probably do exactly what they say it will, reduce injury.  Honestly I doubt having 2 practices in a day is particularly effective anyway. 

Enough with the “watered down” that’s akin to the “pussification of america” crap.  NCAA is doing their job.  You should be happy about it not use it as a chance to complain about them more.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 15 April 2017 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

The NCAA is a perfect, flawless organization that goes out of it’s way to be fair and operate in a non-bias manner without caving to outside pressure.  It is a model that all Americans should follow…

Better?

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 15 April 2017 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11656
Joined  2008-10-29

I thought it was Spring, why are snowflakes still falling?

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 17 April 2017 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  654
Joined  2010-06-05

And then, after driving away all other fan bases, the remaining Clemson contingent slowly began to devour itself… Somebody better toss a coot gif in here quick before things get ugly. wink

In all serious, this doesn’t bother me too much, if they aren’t reducing the total number of practices. Especially if it does lead to less injuries. It could also help with player academics. That said, for some players, I’m sure two full practices a day are a good measure towards keeping them preoccupied from other, less productive activities. 

I’ll be interested to here what coaches think of this. My guess is most won’t be in favor of the idea, is they would have enacted it themselves.

Signature 

Go Noles.

Posted: 17 April 2017 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

haha I know right?

I think they’ll like it with the exception of one potential issue, recruiting.  They probably used to double up on practices so they had more free days to recruit but if they are all forced to single practice days nobody should complain too much.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 17 April 2017 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

And then, after driving away all other fan bases, the remaining Clemson contingent slowly began to devour itself

I think the lack of success of other programs had more to do with driving fans off than anything a Clemson fan would say.  FSU and UNC fans are part of that club as well. 

SEC fans have taken their marbles and run away as teams from the ACC have essentially taken over.  Do you think Clemson, FSU or even UNC fans ran people like “BIG C” off..that great trash-talker or the fact that Auburn can’t play dead an his glorious SEC SEC has fallen on hard times?

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 17 April 2017 11:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

I forgot about Big C it’s been so long since I’ve seen him.  Still a little action from UNC an FSU fans, everyone else is in their bunker. 

Big C will be back if they beat Clemson next year.  We’ll have to get Pines to text him.

Signature 

2016 National Champs