Looks Like Bill O’Reilly is about to be fired.
Posted: 19 April 2017 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4136
Joined  2009-09-09

Looks like his mouth and generally being a dick is catching up.  While I think the “Hit” has been on him for sometime from his competition, I think Megyn Kelly leaving really set everything in motion for this backlash against him.

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 19 April 2017 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7103
Joined  2008-10-29

Yeah, the millions of hush money to cover up sexual harassment had nothing to do with it I am sure.
It’s not like Ailes or Trump ever had any experience with that.

Did you ever think the problem is the guys you support and not everyone else?

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 19 April 2017 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 19 April 2017 06:37 PM

Yeah, the millions of hush money to cover up sexual harassment had nothing to do with it I am sure.
It’s not like Ailes or Trump ever had any experience with that.

Did you ever think the problem is the guys you support and not everyone else?

I don’t support Bill O’Reilly if I understand what you are saying.  I realize that you like to label people but I can’t help you out.

I think people like Rush, O’Reilly, Chris Matthews, Lawrence O’Donnell, Keith Obermen are all pompous assholes that love to stir up the crap just to make it stink…With that said, they all occasionally will cover something that is interesting and covered well…But I will not watch any of their programming for a full episode…

O’Reilly is definitely a “Do as I say, not as I do” type of guy lie most of them.

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 20 April 2017 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Fair enough but when you claim this is because of a “hit” on him you make it sound like this is not because of his own actions.

Remember, Fox is firing him. Not exactly the most progressive place in America or a place that gives into pressure from the left, so you can’t claim this is due to some outside influence. In fact his ratings went up, which should show you what the Base is made of.

Signature 

Posted: 20 April 2017 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 20 April 2017 07:57 AM

Fair enough but when you claim this is because of a “hit” on him you make it sound like this is not because of his own actions.

Remember, Fox is firing him. Not exactly the most progressive place in America or a place that gives into pressure from the left, so you can’t claim this is due to some outside influence. In fact his ratings went up, which should show you what the Base is made of.

Oh the “Hit” has been on him for some time.  He has always been a loud mouth bully.  But he literally provided the rope to hang himself.

But Fox has the “Hit” on their news rivals to.  There is a war going on within the media and neither side really cares about the news of the day.  That is the main reason I prefer to read my news from the various sights rather than watch some talking head report on it.  When I read it, I can process it better

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 20 April 2017 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Well we can most definitely agree on that.

Signature 

Posted: 20 April 2017 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 20 April 2017 09:18 AM

Well we can most definitely agree on that.

That may be the shortest reply to a post from you ever..LOL

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 20 April 2017 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I used to do one word responses to lots of things, especially back when SeC chanters proliferated here…I had to speak in terms they understood. Now though I am personally fighting the SeCing (dumbing down) of America by not allowing Trump and his supporters to think that chants and slogans adequately define the world.

Life is too complicated for a bumper sticker.

Signature 

Posted: 20 April 2017 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 20 April 2017 10:14 AM

I used to do one word responses to lots of things, especially back when SeC chanters proliferated here…I had to speak in terms they understood. Now though I am personally fighting the SeCing (dumbing down) of America by not allowing Trump and his supporters to think that chants and slogans adequately define the world.

Life is too complicated for a bumper sticker.

This may come as a shock to you, but slogans are not limited to Trump..He is just the most recent in a long line.

Obama:

“Forward”
“Yes We Can”
“Hope and Change”
“Fired up! Ready to go!”

Bush:

“Compassionate Conservatism”
“Reformer with Results”
“A Safer World and a More Hopeful America”
“Strategery”.....Ok that was Wil Ferrell…Ha Ha

It goes on….

My favorite:  “I like Ike”...Real catchy!

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 20 April 2017 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

This may come as a surprise to you but those men did not think that slogans accurate defined the situation nor did they govern like it especially Obama. Your team tried to beat him over the head with it too. Your guy does proven by the stupid things he constantly says like:

“No one knew Healthcare was so complicated.”
Or
North Korea is “not so easy.”

Pretty much all of us with brains know that. We also didn’t vote for him because of it.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/4/17/15304212/trump-ignorant

Signature 

Posted: 20 April 2017 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 20 April 2017 10:33 AM

This may come as a surprise to you but those men did not think that slogans accurate defined the situation nor did they govern like it especially Obama. Your team tried to beat him over the head with it too. Your guy does proven by the stupid things he constantly says like:

“No one knew Healthcare was so complicated.”
Or
North Korea is “not so easy.”

Pretty much all of us with brains know that. We also didn’t vote for him because of it.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/4/17/15304212/trump-ignorant

That’s fair…but times have changed.  Trump is the first candidate that that took advantage of Twitter in a way that was never used.  Twitter is 180 characters and and because virtually everyone with a phone or computer uses it or knows of it.

I hear what you are saying about Trump and I don’t disagree (double negative).  But is it any different than “Isis is the JV team” or “If you like your doctor you can keep him”?

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 20 April 2017 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

See, I knew deep down inside that you really agree with me. I know it is hard as a white southerner to go against the Republican peer pressure. Believe me I live my whole life as the minority or often solo. It is hard sometimes but I also relish not being a follower of the dumbest among us.

Your last examples are exactly my point. Your side beat him over the head with a slogan whereas real life and reality is much more complicated.

Signature 

Posted: 20 April 2017 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 20 April 2017 10:49 AM

See, I knew deep down inside that you really agree with me. I know it is hard as a white southerner to go against the Republican peer pressure. Believe me I live my whole life as the minority or often solo. It is hard sometimes but I also relish not being a follower of the dumbest among us.

Your last examples are exactly my point. Your side beat him over the head with a slogan whereas real life and reality is much more complicated.

Couple of things….You think I’m White?

Secondly…as a pragmatist, I realize all politicians will say anything to get elected and you act surprised that a politician will embellish the facts….

I never thought of you as the naive type…LOL

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 20 April 2017 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Yes I do. Maybe I took a leap there but I thought it a safe one. Was I wrong?

I don’t act surprised. Some are more guilty than others and some do it directly and purposefully.

Signature 

Posted: 20 April 2017 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 20 April 2017 10:57 AM

Yes I do. Maybe I took a leap there but I thought it a safe one. Was I wrong?

I don’t act surprised. Some are more guilty than others and some do it directly and purposefully.

Ok..you got me…I am white guy..busted..LOL

I wished I was as idealistic about politicians as you are.  I am a true cynic.  Bernie Sanders was probably the most sincere fellow to run for President maybe ever…While I think his views are “out there” I really appreciated his sincerely.  Ron Paul is another…But those types of guys never get elected..do they?

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 20 April 2017 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I was actually hoping you were black. A black Clemson/Trump supporter would have been awesome.

I actually am also relatively stereotypical although I fight back on it constantly. I wear golf shirts to Carolina games and enjoy wine and cheese.

No they don’t which is why I am always surprised you come defend some of the things you do. Again, i know it is hard amongst friends and family as a white guy in the south to be anything but a Republican no matter what dumbass proposal or action they do.

I am not allowed to talk politics with anyone in my wife’s family. I just sit there and take dig after dig. It sucks. Fortunately they live at the beach so we consider it payment for free vacations. Lol.

Signature