1 of 2
Game Of Thrones….
Posted: 13 July 2017 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4634
Joined  2009-09-09

I just recently discovered this series.  My 20 Y/O has been pressing my wife and I to watch it as she has all of the seasons and we have been watching a few episodes a night before bed and when finally finished the last season before the premier on Sunday.  It’s a pretty intense show with so many plots and sub-plots that it took a bit to understand whats going on.

Any other fans of the show out there?

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 13 July 2017 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11250
Joined  2008-10-29

Oh man you’ve done it now….i am ALL about some GoT.  I won’t always jump on political threads but I’m alllllll over this one.  I am a total fanboy for GoT.  I could talk about the series and even go into some fan theory for hours.  Can’t wait for Sunday!!  Easily easily easily the best show I’ve ever watched on TV.

I’m a big fan of Bran as a character in the series.  I think him fitting into things is going to be very interesting.  Also really like Arya Stark.  Her eventual return should be pretty big after all she’s learned.  I like the Starks, so hoping all the remaining Stark kids reunite this season.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Clemson fans, if I offer you 4-1 when the calendar turns to October (basically meaning Tigers go 2-1 vs. AUB, at LOU, at VT), do you take it?

Nah, 5-0 sounds better.

Posted: 13 July 2017 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

I am a big Sci-Fi fantasy nerd..Star Trek is always number one, but I really appreciate the uniqueness of GOT.  Very complex story lines and only a very few truly honorable people.  in fact, Brienne of Tarth, is probable to only purely noble person outside of Ned Stark on the show.

I look forward to chatting with you on this thread.  I am still a little fuzzy in some of the plots since we binged-watched 6 seasons in a few weeks.

I can see how you call this the best show on TV.  It’s up there for me.  The last time I really binged on a TV series like this was when I discovered “24”...now that’s another great story if you ever look for a new show to binge on…But that is another thread that I go go on for hours about..LOL

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 14 July 2017 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7535
Joined  2008-10-29

Where have you been? At least you aren’t wasting your life away anymore now that you are watching it.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 14 July 2017 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 14 July 2017 04:56 PM

Where have you been? At least you aren’t wasting your life away anymore now that you are watching it.

I have a very busy life.  Fortunately, my work affords my a lot of Computer time where I can indulge in the guilty pleasure of this message board..LOL

My wife and I have a summer time ritual.  She’s an elementary teacher and neither of us get’s to watch a lot of episodic TV in the Fall,Winter and Spring with our Jobs and our work with the Boy Scouts..

We take summer to pick some popular shows that we haven’t followed and dive into a binge…It’s a fun thing for us. (We tried “The Americans” but lost interest).

GOT was the winner and we are having a good time.  Fun stuff

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 14 July 2017 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Just wait til you get to the later seasons, you might find yourself up all night. Past the Red Wedding yet?

Signature 

Posted: 14 July 2017 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 14 July 2017 06:18 PM

Just wait til you get to the later seasons, you might find yourself up all night. Past the Red Wedding yet?

It took about a month, but we are up to current.  We finished season 6 a few nights ago…

The Red Wedding was seriously intense, but when Princess Shireen is burned at the stake, that was the one that really got to me.  She was such a very sweet girl and the way her Dad set her up was a tough scene to watch.

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 14 July 2017 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  2013-01-17

I’ve seen bits and pieces but never enough to catch on.  I think I have access to the full series through Xfinity but not sure.  It seems like a heavy series with a lot of complexities so you need to devote yourself to it.  I found that I liked the tribal dragon queen (forget her name) portion of the show more than the winter people and the rest of the back stabbers.  That Geoffrey guy was a total douche which also kept me away from the show a bit, glad he’s dead.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 15 July 2017 12:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Exactly right Ancient, it’s a series with multiple families with lineage and crossover relationships which makes it quite complex but its SO good.  Well worth your time to start from S1E1.  Some of those relationship crossovers from the past that will greatly effect the end will become more evident this season I assume, which will tie in the Dragons and the prophecy of the 3 headed dragon or dragon riders.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Clemson fans, if I offer you 4-1 when the calendar turns to October (basically meaning Tigers go 2-1 vs. AUB, at LOU, at VT), do you take it?

Nah, 5-0 sounds better.

Posted: 17 July 2017 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Good season 7 premiere.  For the most part is was a “set up” episode.  I did enjoy Arya Stark’s finishing up Lord Walder’s men.  Her body count is getting up there.

Jon and Sansa are having growing pains on figuring out how to share power but they did a good job of working it out.

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 17 July 2017 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3771
Joined  2008-10-29

It’s a great show, for sure. The books are better, but they are a commitment.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 18 July 2017 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I think the show is better now that it is beyond the books.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2017 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

S7 Episode 2:  Arya Stark finally realized her family has recaptured home and has decided to head home.  I didn’t quite get the meaning of the Dire Wolf…did Arya mean it wasn’t the same wolf or the wolf isn’t coming home?

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 24 July 2017 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

It can be taken a few ways really IMO.  That was her Direwolf from the start of the series Nymeria who she shoos away after she attacks Joffrey in earlier episodes fearing that she will be killed.  Instead Sansa’s wolf Lady is killed.  Nymeria is left to roam the riverlands and ends up creating a pack of wolves which we saw.  I felt the reunion was hyped up and then fell short.  Maybe we will see another meetup in the next episode or two as Arya makes her way to Winterfell, not sure.  It just felt to quick.

However Arya states “That’s not you” after Nymeria refuses her offer to come home with her.  Was she saying that is not the same wolf?  Or was she seeing a lot of herself in Nymeria, not wanting to go home, finding a new life for herself, doing what she wanted to do, becoming someone else?  Nymeria is not a domestic wolf just like Arya is not a domestic girl.  If you remember back in season 1 Ned Stark talks to Arya about being a lady and Arya responds “That’s not me”.  Arya is returning to her pack, maybe Nymeria will eventually join.  Nymeria and Ghost are the only two Direwolves left.

Could be that Nymeria saw how much Arya had changed and left for that reason instead of vice versa.  Maybe Nymeria saw that Arya didn’t need her anymore.  Maybe Arya saying “Thats not you” meant she knew she really doesn’t want to go to Winterfell afterall because that is not who she is anymore and we will see her turn around once again in a future episode.  So much right now is opinion based.

I’d love to see Arya walk into Winterfell with Nymeria walking beside her horse but it’s unlikely.  Nymeria has a pack now, however I do think that pack will be there when Arya needs them the most.  We’ll probably see them again.  Hopefully, maybe once the dead come south of the wall.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Nah, 5-0 sounds better.

Posted: 06 August 2017 11:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I just don’t know how I will cope when this show ends.  By far the best TV show I’ve ever seen, so addicting.  I can’t wait until next week, like usual.  I’m pretty sure it feels 10x longer waiting for the next GoT episode than waiting between Saturdays during football season.

I almost hate this show has an ending.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Nah, 5-0 sounds better.

Posted: 07 August 2017 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Clemtgrs - 06 August 2017 11:59 PM

I just don’t know how I will cope when this show ends.  By far the best TV show I’ve ever seen, so addicting.  I can’t wait until next week, like usual.  I’m pretty sure it feels 10x longer waiting for the next GoT episode than waiting between Saturdays during football season.

I almost hate this show has an ending.

I think with what happened last night, Tyrion Lannister will ultimately part ways with Danny and side with Jamie.  When Jorah Mormont returns all healed from his affliction, that will create quite the little power-struggle for the the Queens top advisor and that is what will push Tyrion out and back to his family.

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

1 of 2