FSU WR Da’Vante Phillips Suspended indefinitely
Posted: 04 August 2017 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11653
Joined  2008-10-29

Who knows how long indefinitely is at FSU depending on if you were a starter or not but hey, don’t mind them being a man down.  This is stemming from 5 FELONY fraud charges.  1 of only 7 WRs on FSU rosters.

This could bite FSU against Bama where you need to spread them out.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 04 August 2017 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  654
Joined  2010-06-05

From what I hear, most expect a dismissal. I hope Da’Vante can grow beyond this and land on his feet.

If he is dismissed, I don’t think it will be too significant for the team. He hasn’t been and wasn’t forecasted to be a major contributor.

Signature 

Go Noles.

Posted: 05 August 2017 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3784
Joined  2013-01-17

Is 7 WR’s right?  Pretty thin at an important position.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 05 August 2017 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  654
Joined  2010-06-05

Yes, 7 is correct. Then we lost Phillips, but they announced today the Malique Jackson is moving to WR.

It’s certainly a depth concern, but the expectation is that we see more RBs and TEs this year anyway. It sucks to lose depth, but unless the WR core faces some injury issues, it shouldn’t prove to be a difference maker for the season. Fingers crossed. P

Signature 

Go Noles.

Posted: 06 August 2017 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3885
Joined  2011-02-04

Everybody has a bonehead or 2 every year, not surprised, glad he was not expected to be a major contributor.

Posted: 06 August 2017 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  777
Joined  2009-07-04

I don’t think it will hurt FSU much. Jimbo is pretty good at scheming with his available talent and this kid was an average player. Just allows him to recruit a much more talented kid.

I find it fascinating that some positions are too low or too high (in quantity). I think we have about half our team listed as QB and with Trevor Lawrence coming in next year, everyone of them will be sitting on the bench. Yet, we have four scholarship RB’s??? Dabo is getting better at roster management but frankly, is still not “there”.

Posted: 06 August 2017 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3784
Joined  2013-01-17
Orange&Purple; - 06 August 2017 06:07 PM

I don’t think it will hurt FSU much. Jimbo is pretty good at scheming with his available talent and this kid was an average player. Just allows him to recruit a much more talented kid.

I find it fascinating that some positions are too low or too high (in quantity). I think we have about half our team listed as QB and with Trevor Lawrence coming in next year, everyone of them will be sitting on the bench. Yet, we have four scholarship RB’s??? Dabo is getting better at roster management but frankly, is still not “there”.

Dabo’s biggest issue is class size management.  He’s been a little picky this year and it’s a small class.  It NEEDS to be full to not further imbalance things.  It should be better for the coaches when they aren’t recruiting 13 guys one year and 30 the next.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 07 August 2017 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  413
Joined  2012-01-24

Last Chance U is calling him as we speak.