Dabo knew Ohio St was in trouble
Posted: 08 August 2017 01:48 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11653
Joined  2008-10-29

https://www.tigernet.com/update/coach/Swinney-knew-OSU-was-in-trouble-against-Clemson-27319

I love this, Dabo said he knew Ohio St was in trouble last year after watching Big 10 game tape.  Can’t say I disagree.  Big 10 has been terrible for all of it’s hype.  They play no one.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 08 August 2017 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  886
Joined  2011-04-22
Clemtgrs - 08 August 2017 01:48 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/update/coach/Swinney-knew-OSU-was-in-trouble-against-Clemson-27319

I love this, Dabo said he knew Ohio St was in trouble last year after watching Big 10 game tape.  Can’t say I disagree.  Big 10 has been terrible for all of it’s hype.  They play no one.

This has little to do with the Big Ten as a whole. Clemson was just awesome last year. Not every game is an indictment on a conference. Michigan-Florida State and Penn State-USC were incredible games. ACC was the best league last year, but Clemson-Ohio State was just one of many factors in getting to that conclusion.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 08 August 2017 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7737
Joined  2008-10-29

“Not every game is an indictment on a conference.”

I don’t think SeC chanters ever got this memo. Of course I don’t think they read memos either.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 08 August 2017 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11653
Joined  2008-10-29

Come on now, if you believe all that talk about having 3 or 4 Big 10 teams in the playoff last year you are believing a joke!  The conference was not good.  ACC or Clemson being good has no bearing on the Big 10 being a huge facade.  They were 10-12 against non conference teams and only had a winning record against the weak PAC 12 and Big 12, barely.  But don’t worry, they looked good at 19-3 against non P5 Ooc teams.  Like Louisville spanking Charlotte and instantly being named national champion front runners.  The Big 10 refuses to play anyone tough during the season and it shows.  Their toughest game during the season might of been Wis against LSU, otherwise it’s a snoozefest and pillow fight.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 08 August 2017 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  886
Joined  2011-04-22

SEC is the weak non-conference scheduler. It’s not the Big Ten. Michigan plays 10 Power 5 teams (only four of those 10 at home), an AAC team, and a service academy. That’s not easy.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB