Touchdown Jezbus against My Dawgs
Posted: 10 September 2017 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4270
Joined  2008-10-29

We won despite our constant ways. It’s a win that could define our team. Our defense is just as good as them boys in Alabama whether or not Jacob Eason wants the job or not. I really don’t care whose feelings get hurt….run the f’n ball!! And keep smacking people in the mouth on D!! Go Dawgs!! Long weekend That finally turned out right!!

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

Posted: 10 September 2017 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4819
Joined  2009-09-09

Great win for UGA..regardless of their record, going into to South Bend and beating one of College Football’s greatest programs is a major accomplishment.  I was damn impressed with how hard the Dawgs fought to hang in there and they were hitting hard.

Winning games like this on the road is a huge boost for everyone.  Kirby Smart can really build on this win.

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 10 September 2017 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11431
Joined  2008-10-29

Agreed with the above on that last statement.  This is one of those that can really carry you through the season.  Right now UGA is my pick to win the East.  It might get ugly for FL in the cocktail party too.

All ND fans can talk about right now is how bad Kelly is against ranked teams and how many tickets were sold to UGA fans.  They were mad that it seemed like a neutral field or home game for the Dawgs lol.  Nice job fans, they showed up.  Paying that $1000 ticket price paid off.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 10 September 2017 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3628
Joined  2013-01-17

Well done dawgs.  I’m kinda pissed so many good games were stacked up on each other and I only got to watch the Clemson game and end of the OU/tOSU game. 

How did each team perform on each side of the ball?

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 10 September 2017 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2009-07-04

ND has a good team so this was a marque win for UGA. Showed grit and toughness which you have to like. Play calling still seems iffy to me, very little creativity. Dropped TD catch late in the game is something you don’t live down often so take this win and run.

Defense looked really good and building upon last years improvement.

Posted: 11 September 2017 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4270
Joined  2008-10-29
Ancient Orange - 10 September 2017 04:42 PM

How did each team perform on each side of the ball?

The Dawgs defense was as disruptive and physical as I’ve seen in years.  The front seven played large. The secondary did alright but it was our front 7 that basically controlled the Irish offensive line and contained Winbush. Without the turnovers by our freshman QB I don’t think ND gets their only TD. It really was a strong and dominant effort from our defense.

The offense is being held down by the guy calling the plays. Rookie QB and his couple of mistakes aside, when a very healthy Nick Chubb doesn’t touch the ball on three or four consecutive series in the 3rd quarter there’s something really not right with that play book. Over all though I thought the offensive line did ok, still young and got some clean up too do but really not that bad. The receivers had a couple dropped TD passes but the one that Godwin caught will be etched into Dawg-Lore forever!! Remember this name….D’Andre Swift. He’s going to be a beast.

All in all, after I watched the replay I’m seeing a much different team than what we put out there last season. There were some pretty bad penalties especially on get off the field downs and they probably cost us at least two 3 pointers but I think some of that was our guys just being jacked up and physical.

Much better football product than our week two game last season that’s for certain!!

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!