Stadium Network
Posted: 10 September 2017 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3783
Joined  2011-02-04

I don’t have cable, I just have a digital antenna and I get maybe around 15 channels. One of those channels is called “stadium”. I watched it for a little bit and it seems like a poor man’s ESPN, but nonetheless it’s a nice alternative to ESPN. Anyone else watch it?

Posted: 10 September 2017 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3393
Joined  2013-01-17

Never heard of it but FYI there are some reasonably priced LONG range antennas out there on amazon.  There are some sites out there that show you how far different towers are and what channels they will give you and recommended what direction to point antennas.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 10 September 2017 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11014
Joined  2008-10-29

Never heard of it, but anything to rival ESPN is good for the consumer.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 10 September 2017 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7445
Joined  2008-10-29

What games did it show?

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 11 September 2017 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3783
Joined  2011-02-04

I think it had an FCS game showing Saturday afternoon, I started to really pay attention when I was flipping through channels early in the morning trying to get weather updates and found them doing sports talk with a score ticker scrolling across the bottom.

Posted: 16 September 2017 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7445
Joined  2008-10-29

So the UNC game with ODU is on it. I live too far from a transmitter to get much on regular antennas, and don’t have cable so the local channels showing it were out of the question. I tried to get their app but I can’t seem to get it to log in or open up. The inside Carolina message boards told me about an app called Pluto TV that has a lot of channels on it including stadium so I am watching it there. Apparently it is also streamed on twitter.

Sitting here watching the broadcast and it isn’t bad. Essentially a Conference USA broadcast but for such a minor game it is about ESPN3 level and fairly decent quality. Hard to complain about free.

Again Stadium app doesn’t seem to work for me on Apple TV or iPhone. Try another route if you need to see stuff sometime.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)