The Coaching Carousel 2017 Is Here..Who’s going where?
Posted: 14 November 2017 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4818
Joined  2009-09-09

With early signing, I expect a lot of activity to begin..especially in the SEC.  I expect Arkansas, Texas A&M to join UT, Ole Miss, and Florida to join the coaching party.

Of course if Dan Mullen gets poached that would leave Miss State open..

Then there will be other schools..I expect Petrino will bolt somewhere..

I have a feeling Brent Venables is going to get an offer he can’t refuse unless he is happy being a DC making 1.7 million.

Any takes on who goes where?

What are the best jobs that are opening up with the ability to succeed quick?

Are there any coaches that are in good places that good be seduced away like Jimbo Fisher, Justin Fuentes just to name a few?

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 14 November 2017 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3850
Joined  2011-02-04

Jimbo Fisher has a ridiculous buy out, something like $17m and his stock has sunk this season. If somebody wants to poach him, it’s not going to hurt my feelings. FSU can name the next basketball practice facility after the sucker AD that would finance that.

Supposedly through the internet rumor mill, a guy who knows some big time Gator booster is saying UF is going hard for Chip Kelly.

Arkansas should think about going after Art Briles, sure his name is toxic, but people will get over it.

It would be a big win, maybe even an upset win if Dave Clawson stays at Wake, but if Clawson is poached, I would promote the offensive coordinator and try to continue to build on Clawson’s success. If after 2-3 seasons things look like they are going down hill, I may try a different approach and go after a Paul Johnson disciple.

Posted: 14 November 2017 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4818
Joined  2009-09-09
Garrett_TD23 - 14 November 2017 06:17 PM

Jimbo Fisher has a ridiculous buy out, something like $17m and his stock has sunk this season. If somebody wants to poach him, it’s not going to hurt my feelings. FSU can name the next basketball practice facility after the sucker AD that would finance that.

Supposedly through the internet rumor mill, a guy who knows some big time Gator booster is saying UF is going hard for Chip Kelly.

Arkansas should think about going after Art Briles, sure his name is toxic, but people will get over it.

It would be a big win, maybe even an upset win if Dave Clawson stays at Wake, but if Clawson is poached, I would promote the offensive coordinator and try to continue to build on Clawson’s success. If after 2-3 seasons things look like they are going down hill, I may try a different approach and go after a Paul Johnson disciple.

According to “Tomahawk Nation”, if Jimbo leaves, the buyout could only be around 7 million compared to 17…

https://www.tomahawknation.com/florida-state-football-fsu-noles/2017/10/21/16390554/jimbo-fisher-buyout-florida-state-fsu

The fact that you have said it wouldn’t hurt your feeling if Jimbo left suggests some of the natives are getting restless….

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 14 November 2017 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11430
Joined  2008-10-29

Still not sold on Chip Kelly, he had a perfect situation at Oregon.  One of the first to be running that high paced offense, destination location at the time with Nike money, it just all worked.  I’m not sure it can work the same now.  And I’m not sold he can out recruit others in Florida.  His only saving grace is he’d be in the SEC Least, cakewalk.

FSU would be dumb to get rid of Jimbo right now.  Who else would they get better, seriously.

I honestly think Venables is happy where he is, he’s said it before…..as recent as this past off season.  Not sure he’d be a good HC honestly.  He likes being involved in the defense.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 14 November 2017 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3850
Joined  2011-02-04
CU_Tigers4life - 14 November 2017 06:22 PM
Garrett_TD23 - 14 November 2017 06:17 PM

According to “Tomahawk Nation”, if Jimbo leaves, the buyout could only be around 7 million compared to 17…

https://www.tomahawknation.com/florida-state-football-fsu-noles/2017/10/21/16390554/jimbo-fisher-buyout-florida-state-fsu

The fact that you have said it wouldn’t hurt your feeling if Jimbo left suggests some of the natives are getting restless….

I like Jimbo, but he has to clean house on his coaching staff anyway. If he needs a new start some place else, so be it.