20. LSU
21. Memphis
22. Stanford
23. Northwestern
24. Michigan
25. Boise State

I never saw Clemson being #2 coming.

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 14 November 2017 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11430
Joined  2008-10-29

I saw it as possible.  Our wins are better than our loss, which is what kept us there they said.  The Auburn win is huge for us.  If we can win out, that Miami game is going to be huge.  One of us will be knocked out for sure but a win will 100% seal the deal.

I hope this team is ready for USCjr, get past that then let’s get hyped.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 15 November 2017 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4818
Joined  2009-09-09

Oklahoma fans are really pissed. All I have to say is when Oklahoma has to score 62 point to only win by 10 I think it is very fair to scrutinize. Most teams that allow’s 52 points will lose bad..Clemson’s Beating Auburn….which just destroyed the #1 CFP team in the nation is weighing heavy now. Clemson was the first team ever to beat 3 top 15 teams in the month of September, of which one is currently 6th in the CFP…..When you are the defending national champ and take on such a tough early schedule then you are going to get a mulligan if the circumstances are right like having a starting QB and kicker hurt vs losing to a Iowa State team with a fully healthy crew…

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 15 November 2017 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  875
Joined  2011-04-22

I was surprised to see Clemson at No. 2. Thought they would have a two-week pit stop at No. 4 before jumping Oklahoma (and obviously Miami) with a win in the ACC Championship Game.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 15 November 2017 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2014-03-26

Having DRad and Bobby Johnson on the committee has to help.

Posted: 15 November 2017 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

It’s funny the narrative, Clemson struggles with FSU but no mention of Alabama struggling more with Miss St.  That Auburn win has so much weight behind it that the Syracuse loss is all but wiped out right now.  If Auburn beats Alabama it will only be better.  I think it’s a lock anyway if we win out including beating a top 3 Miami, but with an Auburn win in the Iron Bowl and a win over Miami, look out….Clemson is coming once again.  We would easily have the best resume in the nation in that scenario and no one could touch it.

Gotta win 2 more before Miami though.  USCjr will glady like to spoil a THIRD National Title run in a row for us.

DRad has to leave the room when Clemson is discussed.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 15 November 2017 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Since Darius Rucker is performing at the National Championship game, how salty would he be if we made it?  Since we will have beaten his Lamecock team and reached a 3rd straight title game.  I bet he would pull the “I pull for the state school…” lame argument.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 15 November 2017 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

To be honest if we can’t be 1st I would rather be 4th and have the fan base only have to travel to New Orleans rather than all the way out to Pasadena…Of course any site will do, but closer is better to get more fans.

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 15 November 2017 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I actually put in for Rose Bowl tickets, and only Rose Bowl tickets.  I have no interest in going to a playoff game (or any) in New Orleans personally.  Win, we get a Rose Bowl win and a good trip out to Cali.  Lose and I spend a few extra days traveling up the West Coast.  Now hopefully we make it.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 15 November 2017 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Clemtgrs - 15 November 2017 04:55 PM

I actually put in for Rose Bowl tickets, and only Rose Bowl tickets.  I have no interest in going to a playoff game (or any) in New Orleans personally.  Win, we get a Rose Bowl win and a good trip out to Cali.  Lose and I spend a few extra days traveling up the West Coast.  Now hopefully we make it.

But Travis Eitenne could show the folks in LSU country what they missed out on!

If we can make it to the ATL, that would be great for the Clemson Fans.

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 15 November 2017 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2014-03-26
Clemtgrs - 15 November 2017 04:17 PM

It’s funny the narrative, Clemson struggles with FSU but no mention of Alabama struggling more with Miss St.  That Auburn win has so much weight behind it that the Syracuse loss is all but wiped out right now.  If Auburn beats Alabama it will only be better.  I think it’s a lock anyway if we win out including beating a top 3 Miami, but with an Auburn win in the Iron Bowl and a win over Miami, look out….Clemson is coming once again.  We would easily have the best resume in the nation in that scenario and no one could touch it.

Gotta win 2 more before Miami though.  USCjr will glady like to spoil a THIRD National Title run in a row for us.

DRad has to leave the room when Clemson is discussed.

I knew he had to leave the room. I still don’t understand how each member ranks individually and how they come to an agreement collectively. I googled to try to find out and got frustrated trying to sift all of the bs

Posted: 16 November 2017 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Dabo had a funny reply getting accused of being shown bias:

“I love that. That’s great. That’s beautiful. Boy, we’ve come a long way,” Swinney told TigerNet. “Now, we don’t beat Florida State by enough and there’s a bias. I didn’t think I’d ever live to see that day. I haven’t heard any of that stuff.”

So true…

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H