Chad Morris to Arkansas
Posted: 05 December 2017 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11653
Joined  2008-10-29

Everything I see says it’s pretty much set.  Morris will head to Arkansas as HC.  Good hire by them IMO.  Interested to see what Morris can do with more resources.  He was doing well at SMU.  Felt like he left Clemson 1-2 years to early.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 05 December 2017 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3784
Joined  2013-01-17

I agree I think he did leave too early.  I don’t love the move to Arkansas but think it’s dumb that T-Tech didn’t pick him up a few years back.  TA&M and Tennessee should have considered him too.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 05 December 2017 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Arkansas fans seem less than thrilled, I’m trying to talk sense into them.  It’s a good hire for Arkanas IMO.  Also, some believe he will try to tab Venables as his DC…..I struggle to see how this makes any sense as it’s yet another lateral (less than really) for Venables.  That is why I struggle to see it.  If Venables leaves, IMO, it will be because he is moving up to a HC position or he just has become incredibly unhappy here which I don’t believe is the current case.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 05 December 2017 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3784
Joined  2013-01-17

Arkansas HC is almost a lateral move for Venables.  More money but low ceiling for winning.  Chad is a good hire for them.  He will bring an offense that will have potential to upset the bama with the right players on offense.  Stack the box on defense and you’ll be reasonably successful against most of the sec.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 06 December 2017 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Hearing 6 years at $3.5Million per year plus incentives.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall during a coaching change within the family.  Like what are the REAL motivations.  We as fans always talk about this location is better that location is better, more money, etc.  You look at Morris, thought he was in a good spot.  Back home in Dallas, paid pretty well for SMU, huge new house…..what makes him pick up and leave.  Surely moving like that would be a pain.  His son has to change high schools again.  Just curious as to what caused a change and what didn’t.  You never get that with the coach speak.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 06 December 2017 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Yep, it’s now officially official.
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/chad-morris-named-head-football-coach/

Interested in watching the press conference.  I like Chad.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 08 December 2017 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  777
Joined  2009-07-04

Inherits a team designed for run and grind, not spread. This will create challenges to a fan base that is irrational to begin with.

Chad is an offensive juggernaut and can score points. What I think people fall to see in him is the toughness he brings to the program. He was revolutionary at Clemson and frankly did not like some of the old guard at Clemson, for Just reasons in my view. He was instrumental in getting out S&C program out of the dark ages as well as giving Dabo a first hand look at how to develop a high powered offense.

I think he deserves an amazing amount of credit to our development and improvement. As such, I will always be a big fan of his and wish him the best.