Coaching stability is an ACC strength
Posted: 06 December 2017 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3885
Joined  2011-02-04

Funny it should come from me considering my team just got their coach taken, but by and large the ACC has hit home runs on this front, not just the big splashes they made 2 years ago when the conference upgraded coaching personnel with the hires of Justin Fuentes, Mark Richt, Bronco Mendenhall and a “wait and see” with Dino Babers and Pat Narduzzi who seem like solid hires right now. The ACC has also been able to retain these coaches despite all the waves being made with these coaches changing jobs. On the flip side, the SEC has had to change nearly half of their coaches, which means large buyouts and rebuilding programs.

Posted: 06 December 2017 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3784
Joined  2013-01-17

Lol the SEC has replaced everyone but Saban in a 3 year period.  And Saban losses an assistant every 5 minutes. 

ACC stability is very impressive in this turbulent environment.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 08 December 2017 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  777
Joined  2009-07-04

Not just stability but quality coaches.

I do think guys like Clawson, Babers, Mendenhall and perhaps Fuentes will be entertaining better offers soon.

SEC has fallen in overall performance due to the average to bad hires they made recently. They have improved overall but some question marks still remain