1 of 3
So. It’s an all SEC Championship
Posted: 02 January 2018 01:22 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4273
Joined  2008-10-29

I know there’s some pissed off so and so’s out there. Clemson folks I wished for our matchup but that’s not what we got. Apparently we have to win the league twice.  Great season to the defending champs. So freaked out to be in the game.

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

Posted: 02 January 2018 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11836
Joined  2008-10-29

Probably won’t be watching.  Hope UGA wins.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 02 January 2018 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  444
Joined  2012-01-24

Great season!! Wish we could have hooked up for the NC against Clemson, but it is what it is. I figure Alabama will be a 5-6 point favorite.

Posted: 02 January 2018 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5182
Joined  2009-09-09
lostdawg3 - 02 January 2018 01:22 AM

I know there’s some pissed off so and so’s out there. Clemson folks I wished for our matchup but that’s not what we got. Apparently we have to win the league twice.  Great season to the defending champs. So freaked out to be in the game.

Good luck against the evil empire.  I would like to see UGa win, but if your Defense plays like it did against Oklahoma I fear you guys will have tough sledding.

While I personally don’t care about an “all-SEC” national title because this was established on the field there will be many people that will be crying to expand or change the playoffs the same way when Bama and LSU played.

Honestly, with the horrible bowl attendance I saw as the bigger bowls maybe it’s time to end the whole dame thing.

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 02 January 2018 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3915
Joined  2011-02-04

Rather see the apprentice overthrow the master.

Posted: 02 January 2018 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3956
Joined  2013-01-17

Well dawgs Clemson softened them up a bit as Bama lot an OL and LB I believe but that DL is tough.  I always said you can’t beat Bama by being Bama and that’s what we tried last night.  Unfortunately I think UGA tries to be Bama too.  I hope you beat the hell out of them but they are just a different animal.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 05 January 2018 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  799
Joined  2009-07-04

I think UGA has a legit shot simply due to the fact you have a elite level QB, one who does a good job with his PSR, has accuracy, understands timing on routes, has that feel for pressure. Frankly, I think Bama has to play less than their best for you to win but that is certainly a viable possibility. Plus, our tape should provide some insight on Bamas current scheme/status. We were clearly not prepared for what we faced offensively so it should help some.

Our defense was put in horrendous position most of the game and only gave up 260 yards and 10 points. While I think our DL is better than UGAs, our LBs are clearly not (especially without Lamar) so I think you’ll be fine on that side of the ball.

Posted: 05 January 2018 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7924
Joined  2008-10-29

I think Alabama is gonna crockpot UGA the way they do everyone…

slowly wear them down, capitalize on some mistake and then just squeeze them the rest of the way until the game is over. Boring and efficient. He is 11-0 against his assistants and this will be the same.

I wont be watching, and suspect it will be the most expensive ticket ever for a college football game…and also the lowest rated championship.

People are tired of Alabama.
The fun will be watching Tide fans when Saban retires who have thought it was Alabama and not Saban that is the reason for the success. The decline will be precipitous.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 06 January 2018 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1028
Joined  2010-09-06

Pines you are correct Bama will curb stomp UGA in a boring game.  But when Saban leaves Dabo will take over and they’ll still be very good.

Signature 

“you are what your record says you are” Bill Parcells

Posted: 06 January 2018 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

You think? I get the whole “mama called” thing…

but anyone with a brain knows that it is hard to follow a legend, much less probably the greatest football coach of all time. Alabama will just naturally decline even if only marginally, and the fans will go nuts.

I would think if he goes, it will be to repair the decline and mess that naturally happens to the next coach…kinda like Roy Williams to UNC 15 years ago.

Muschamp doing pretty well. You guys happy with him? I truly thought he was a good hire.

Signature 

Posted: 06 January 2018 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1028
Joined  2010-09-06

You could be right never want to follow a legend but the pull will be strong for Dabo. Muschamp has performed miracles considering the dumpster fire Spurrier left. We won nine games with the 99th offense in the country. With what we have coming back with any offensive improvement we could challenge UGA for the east.

Signature 

“you are what your record says you are” Bill Parcells

Posted: 06 January 2018 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3915
Joined  2011-02-04

Thoughts on Muschamp: thought he inherited a mess at UF and was in the middle of a rebuild, had good if not great defenses. Thought he was a solid hire at USC.

Posted: 06 January 2018 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Oh yeah it will be…not saying he wont. I will be surprised if he does though. He is the king at Clemson…at Alabama he will be the guy who had to follow Saban and will always be #3 at best no matter what he does.

Yeah, I think South Carolina has a bright future under Muschamp. He recruits well and builds teams defense first which I think is proven by this years Championship as the way to win long term. I walked around your campus last fall and was very impressed with all the facilities and stadiums for all the non rev sports. Obviously the investment is there. I liked him at Florida, and would have wanted UNC to hire him had Fedora gotten left for another job a couple of years ago when he was getting offers and Muschamp was a coordinator back at Auburn. After this season, I don’t think Fedora is getting too many offers…lol.

Muschamp’s dad played football in Chapel Hill.

Signature 

Posted: 06 January 2018 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

I don’t think Dabo leaves for Bama unless Clemson falls off a cliff for 2+ years and if that happened Bama wouldn’t want him. 

I still don’t see much out of Muschamp.  At UF he had a lot of talent and got murdered all but one season in a weak SEC east.  He won 9 games against an incredibly weak schedule with 6 of those wins being by 8 points or less and several of them required miracles.  Challenge for the east?  That’s like saying you think you have a shot at Clemson next year.  USCjr is +46 in points, UGA is +288 in points, Clemson is +276 in points.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 06 January 2018 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5182
Joined  2009-09-09

I don’t think Dabo would leave Clemson for another college until he boy graduates and even then I am not sure.

I will say that I could see Dabo test the NFL waters possibly if offered.  He would definitely be a “players” coach.

I think he would be insane to leave a place where he can literally do no wrong and get paid extremely well.

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 06 January 2018 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

I think he has a better chance of being Clemson’s AD 10 years from now than being an NFL coach.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

1 of 3