It’s Too Quiet!..Let’s get some new topics to kick around!
Posted: 01 February 2018 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5363
Joined  2009-09-09

Come on guys…Put some discussion topics up here so we can get through another off-season.

There has to be more that talking about the State of the Union, new tax laws, The FBI documents, North Korea, Etc…

Doesn’t someone have a decent brownie recipe, seen a good move or TV show or have anything to talk about?

Signature 

Pirates function as a team. There were a lot of castes and classes in England at the time. But with pirates, it didn’t matter if you were black, white, rich or poor. The object was to get a treasure. If the captain did a bad job, you could just overthrow him.

— Mike Leach

Posted: 01 February 2018 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4166
Joined  2013-01-17

I tried to put some good talking points on the robot post but no bites.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 01 February 2018 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Ancient Orange - 01 February 2018 11:20 AM

I tried to put some good talking points on the robot post but no bites.

That was a great post and I want to expand on that..my response didn’t do it justice because you covered a lot of points that are worthy to discuss.

Signature 

Pirates function as a team. There were a lot of castes and classes in England at the time. But with pirates, it didn’t matter if you were black, white, rich or poor. The object was to get a treasure. If the captain did a bad job, you could just overthrow him.

— Mike Leach

Posted: 01 February 2018 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3491
Joined  2009-01-07

I’ll go with the entertainment industry - and as you instructed, not the political part.

I never go to movies but did go see Molly’s Game recently. It was a pretty interesting and based on a true story.

For TV, I don’t watch much network TV and get most from Netflix, Amazon etc. I’m all caught up on Peaky Blinders, Ray Donovan, Billions and Bosch so I’m trying a new one.

I recently started watching Homeland and have enjoyed it. It’s about a Marine that was held by Al Qaeda for 8 years and then rescued. A CIA agent is told by a dying informant that a POW has been turned, so she starts investigating him upon his return.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 01 February 2018 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

I’ll go with the entertainment industry - and as you instructed, not the political part.

Ya’ll feel free to start a political discussion and I will chime in..I am just not going to start one…I want to be the counter puncher for a change..LOL

Entertainment:  I don’t have a lot of time for TV either…The one thing I have been following is “Start Trek: Discovery” on the New CBS premium service.  There are only 2 more episodes in this season and I can then discontinue the service.  This show had so much potential and they screwed the canon up in a few key areas that make it hard to appreciate.

During this time of the year my wife will hop on Netflix or Amazon Prime and find a series that we didn’t watch and check it out since there is no football on the weekends…Homeland is actually one of the shows that we are considering.  We may check that one out.

I love going to a good movie but it’s so damned expensive for what you get.  So we limit it to the “big” stuff mainly for my 11 year old.  We go See Black Panther probably.  BTW, if you haven’t see the latest Star Wars don’t waste your money..it was horrible!

Signature 

— Mike Leach

Posted: 01 February 2018 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
CU_Tigers4life - 01 February 2018 01:38 PM

Ya’ll feel free to start a political discussion and I will chime in..I am just not going to start one…I want to be the counter puncher for a change..LOL

Entertainment:  I don’t have a lot of time for TV either…The one thing I have been following is “Start Trek: Discovery” on the New CBS premium service.  There are only 2 more episodes in this season and I can then discontinue the service.  This show had so much potential and they screwed the canon up in a few key areas that make it hard to appreciate.

During this time of the year my wife will hop on Netflix or Amazon Prime and find a series that we didn’t watch and check it out since there is no football on the weekends…Homeland is actually one of the shows that we are considering.  We may check that one out.

I love going to a good movie but it’s so damned expensive for what you get.  So we limit it to the “big” stuff mainly for my 11 year old.  We go See Black Panther probably.  BTW, if you haven’t see the latest Star Wars don’t waste your money..it was horrible!

Give Homeland a shot. We’re pretty into it now.

I agree on the movies. We went because of a rare free night.  I’ve seen two movies in the past few months which is two more than I’ve gone to see in a few years. I heard that about Star Wars so didn’t bother with that one.

Signature 

Posted: 01 February 2018 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7948
Joined  2008-10-29

I watched Homeland right up until the Germany season…thinking about finishing that one. Is it good? The Pakistan season was INTENSE. Hard to tell sometimes that it is just a tv show. Except for the part where they all talk on cell phones in the CIA. Lol.

You are too hard on Star Wars…I didn’t like the jokes but still enjoyed the movie.

I need to get back into house of cards….I am where Claire has just left Frank.

I really enjoy Vikings. I’m on season 4. I want to get into Peaky Blinders. I’ve just watched the first episode.

I have a hard time keeping up with all the stuff that is out there, working and dealing with kids. I go on the road for work to get a vacation.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 01 February 2018 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
SoPinesHeel - 01 February 2018 04:33 PM

I watched Homeland right up until the Germany season…thinking about finishing that one. Is it good? The Pakistan season was INTENSE. Hard to tell sometimes that it is just a tv show. Except for the part where they all talk on cell phones in the CIA. Lol.

You are too hard on Star Wars…I didn’t like the jokes but still enjoyed the movie.

I really enjoy Vikings. I’m on season 4. I want to get into Peaky Blinders. I’ve just watched the first episode.

I have a hard time keeping up with all the stuff that is out there, working and dealing with kids. I go on the road for work to get a vacation.

I’m not that far along in Homeland to know about that season. I’m just in season two where they’re going to Beirut. It is pretty intense though. What I like about it is that so far it’s not a crazy set of ridiculous twists and turns. They’ve been able to keep it moving but with a good, solid plot. Yeah, I’m not so sure how realistic the CIA protocols are though.

I’ve gone back and forth with House of Cards. I like it but have never fully committed to it.

I’ve heard Vikings is really good. I haven’t watched it though but I’m going to try to remember that one. Like you said, it’s hard to remember it all. When I get caught up on everything, I can never remember all the things I heard were good.

I really like Peaky Blinders. It took me a few episodes to get into it, but I’m glad I did.

Signature 

Posted: 01 February 2018 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  440
Joined  2014-03-26
SoPinesHeel - 01 February 2018 04:33 PM

I’ve waited in anticipation for the season premiere of Vikings for the last three years. It’s a great show that is some what historically accurate. It’s a breath of fresh air. KnightFall is also very good. Check it out.

To me, Better Call Saul is the best active series. I was a yuge Breaking Bad fan and BCS and is a prequel to it.

Posted: 01 February 2018 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

I think this was tonight.  Jeopardy football fail. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRdGHqh2RsM

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 03 February 2018 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7948
Joined  2008-10-29

Pretty sad, but funny. Of course Jeopardy champs probably weren’t the biggest sports people out there growing up.

Better Call Saul was a good show…I wish they had even more episodes. I dont feel like they took it completely as far as they could. Are there any more coming?

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 03 February 2018 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  440
Joined  2014-03-26
SoPinesHeel - 03 February 2018 11:27 AM

Pretty sad, but funny. Of course Jeopardy champs probably weren’t the biggest sports people out there growing up.

Better Call Saul was a good show…I wish they had even more episodes. I dont feel like they took it completely as far as they could. Are there any more coming?

It has always started in February but for some reason it premieres this summer. It will get darker this season with Gus Fring and some other BB thugs.

Posted: 03 February 2018 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3868
Joined  2008-10-29

My pay has increased under new tax law… I don’t have a brownie recipe, but a good milk gravy one. I can make perfect bacon, also. Not too crisp, not too soft… perfect color.

TV.. Vikings, Knightfall, and a new on Netflix called Brittania. Just one season, but promising. Waiting on American Gods.. I really like that show.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 03 February 2018 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17
UNC 98 - 03 February 2018 04:10 PM

My pay has increased under new tax law…

Mine too.  $37/ week.  Will it just reduce my tax return at the end of the year?

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 03 February 2018 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3868
Joined  2008-10-29
Ancient Orange - 03 February 2018 04:52 PM
UNC 98 - 03 February 2018 04:10 PM

My pay has increased under new tax law…

Mine too.  $37/ week.  Will it just reduce my tax return at the end of the year?

No one knows. Suppose to get an increase in automatic deductions that may be better than itemizing. We all have to wait and see.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!