Signing Day
Posted: 07 February 2018 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11804
Joined  2008-10-29

Early signing period really put a damper on signing day, but I like it….I’m ok with it.  I don’t expect any huge surprises today, we are basically set.  It feels like if you are one of the big 4-6 teams right now, signing day is just another day to you now.

We did just pickup a good 4 star CB commit though, got him over LSU from what I hear.  Also, it’s something to note, Dabo now has 2 sons on the team and Brent Venables has one.  Staff may stay pretty stable for the next few years at least with these 2 coaches.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 07 February 2018 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Put it on record, if UGA doesn’t win a championship within the next 4 years they are totally inept as a program.  I fully expect them to win one within 4 years.  They are getting to stacked not to have the chance.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 07 February 2018 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  899
Joined  2011-04-22

Yeah, Georgia is loaded for bear. Should be a pretty quiet day for Clemson, which is fine after they crushed the December signing period.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 07 February 2018 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Ok I lied, got a surprise.  We just got Justyn Ross.  Huge WR pickup.  WRU!  Clemson now has what, 6 states with the top player in the state heading to Clemson?

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 07 February 2018 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3922
Joined  2013-01-17

#6 Class per ESPN with only 15 players (actually have 17 must not be updated).  That’s not easy to do. 

FSU @#22 (#11 @247) with 16 players.  Did they only need 16 this year or couldn’t fill the class with the new coach? 

Texas better start producing with that #3 class.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 07 February 2018 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3812
Joined  2008-10-29

UNC had their best class since the Butch Davis days. Folks were grumbling a little bit at Fedora and company. They closed pretty good and got the 4th best class in ACC per 247. 7 best per ESPN, which I think is behind in talent evaluation after the tippy top players. Anyway, missed on 2 really good LB’s, but cleaned up a little in WR, and Gunter Brewer, who’s put a bunch of WR’s in the NFL, will do so with a couple of these guys, for sure.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 07 February 2018 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  226
Joined  2009-08-04

Fun year to follow recruiting.  Thank YOU NC for Dax!  Hoping this kid reaches his potential.  Might be special after reading up on him.

Posted: 08 February 2018 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  792
Joined  2009-07-04

SW: don’t thank UNC for Dax, thank my Tiger coaching staff for totally screwing up his recruitment.

I think the ACC did fairly well overall. Miami tailed off a little at the end but I thought Taggart did a tremendous job given his situation.

We had a great class but really fell short with another OL and Safety, both major position needs. Plus we have 5 Schollies that we didn’t use. Poor foresight by our coaching staff. Puts a ton of pressure on the next class, which will be our biggest in a long time.

Looking like the SEC is starting to ramp back up with these new coaches. Should be interesting to see how these two conferences fare as I think both have some really good staffs up and down the ledger.

Posted: 08 February 2018 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3922
Joined  2013-01-17

They did screw up the Dax situation. 

I think we’ll be ok with OL but I’m really worried about our safety depth.  We had major depth issues at DB and should have been able to play that off as an easy way to playing time for a good recruit.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 08 February 2018 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  444
Joined  2012-01-24

Good day for us, stole one from Alabama and Michigan to end up with the #1 class. Good future ahead for Kirby and UGA.

Posted: 08 February 2018 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3400
Joined  2009-01-07

Have to be happy with our class. I do worry about DB a little. UGA cleaned up. Like Clem said, they’re in a position to have a great shot for a few years.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson