San Francisco Mass Exodus Of People..
Posted: 10 February 2018 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5363
Joined  2009-09-09

I caught the news story from a local SF TV News outlet:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/02/08/san-francisco-bay-area-mass-exodus-residents/

It looks like a lot of people in that area are fed up and ready to move.  The people that are left won’t care…

Signature 

Pirates function as a team. There were a lot of castes and classes in England at the time. But with pirates, it didn’t matter if you were black, white, rich or poor. The object was to get a treasure. If the captain did a bad job, you could just overthrow him.

— Mike Leach

Posted: 10 February 2018 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3868
Joined  2008-10-29

I’ve met quite a few in here in the Triangle region of NC from Ca, both south and north. It is expensive to live there, and home ownership escapes many.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 12 February 2018 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3491
Joined  2009-01-07

I work with some people out there in non-profit human services that have a lot of trouble hiring. They aren’t able to pay people enough to allow employees to live in the area so people have to commute which is inconvenient when you think of the how far out they typically have to live.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 12 February 2018 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12107
Joined  2008-10-29

Yep no thanks!  Nice area to visit, not a nice area to live if you aren’t making the big bucks.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 12 February 2018 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4166
Joined  2013-01-17

Charleston/Mt. Pleasant/ Daniel Island and all the local “anti-development” groups are trying their best to force those housing prices here. 

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 14 February 2018 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7948
Joined  2008-10-29

I get you want to make it political but the reality is, it is so awesome people can’t afford to live there. Most nice places are like that.

Chapel Hill is most expensive place in NC.

Damn free market and individual choice

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 14 February 2018 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 14 February 2018 03:39 PM

I get you want to make it political but the reality is, it is so awesome people can’t afford to live there. Most nice places are like that.

Chapel Hill is most expensive place in NC.

Damn free market and individual choice

I really don’t want to make it political and I won’t…but many things in our lives do have a political element to it…I chose not to focus on it…This issues, as you very correctly said has a free market element to it that I agree with.

Signature 

Pirates function as a team. There were a lot of castes and classes in England at the time. But with pirates, it didn’t matter if you were black, white, rich or poor. The object was to get a treasure. If the captain did a bad job, you could just overthrow him.

— Mike Leach

Posted: 14 February 2018 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I’ll take you at your word.

But I do find it funny how conservatives always want t take shots at California and New York. Rest assured I never want to live in Nebraska or Alabama.

Signature 

Posted: 14 February 2018 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

If I come across an article involving a mass Exodus from those areas you pointed out I’ll post it.

Signature 

— Mike Leach

Posted: 14 February 2018 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

There was never an influx to that extent. In fact the prairie Midwest is dying out.

Signature