1 of 4
Rosanne Fired For Being Rosanne
Posted: 30 May 2018 11:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5215
Joined  2009-09-09

I have never cared for Rosanne and what she said was stupid…..It just sucks that a lot of people lost their jobs over Rosanne exercising her right to be an asshole. 

There is also a double standard as people like Bill Mahr and mos tof the chicks on the View are allowed to say just about anything against anyone conservative or of faith and get away with it…Like in sports, I just want the refs to call the game the same way for both sides.

Twitter/Facebook has allowed people to speak before they think and it has cost a lot of people their jobs and careers over speaking whats on their mind. They need to add a “delay” feature that gives an emotional poster the ability to set time to post so they can review and decided if that is what they really want to post views to the public.

People don’t seem to understand that the 1st Amendment only prevents the Federal Government infringing on speech and not the public or business.

It seems like the Liberals want to turn this world into Dr. Raymond Cocteau’s world of Political Correctness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz4HEEiJuGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67DN3uvwXkE

I am in the Edgar Friendly Camp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjoSQ-lCA58

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 31 May 2018 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  433
Joined  2014-03-26

Twitter/Facebook has allowed people to speak while they’re fuqued up.

Posted: 31 May 2018 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3486
Joined  2009-01-07

There’s no defense for Roseanne. She’s always been offensive and on purpose, but there’s no excuse for what she said, and she can’t be surprised by the result. It is sad that it hurts other people in the process.

Roseanne not included, I think the precedent we’re setting is dangerous where people are expected to be fired or boycotted because of political beliefs. I have no problem with what happened to Roseanne because it’s beyond political beliefs, but as stated in the OP, there does seem to be a double-standard for such offenses.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 31 May 2018 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Curggr - 31 May 2018 12:00 PM

There’s no defense for Roseanne. She’s always been offensive and on purpose, but there’s no excuse for what she said, and she can’t be surprised by the result. It is sad that it hurts other people in the process.

Roseanne not included, I think the precedent we’re setting is dangerous where people are expected to be fired or boycotted because of political beliefs. I have no problem with what happened to Roseanne because it’s beyond political beliefs, but as stated in the OP, there does seem to be a double-standard for such offenses.

I totally agree..I hope people didn’t think I was defending Rosanne because I wasn’t…She has said and done a lot of inflammatory things things over the years.  This picture takes the cake:

It just seems a very specific narrative can get away with an awful lot while other narratives end your career…

When a Comedian/Actor is on stage or on the screen, they can hide under the guise of “art” or “Entertainment”, but when the are off the stage and effed up as was pointed out, they get to be treated like the rest of us…

I miss the days when entertainers went out of their way to not discuss certain things and just focused on their job because living in the public eye is a very different lifestyle and their are consequences both good and bad for the words they choose to speak..

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 31 May 2018 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3976
Joined  2013-01-17

I didn’t look at the comments but her timing was bad.  She was just about to revive her show and should know not to say anything too stupid. 

I never liked her or thought she was funny anyway.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 06 June 2018 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7933
Joined  2008-10-29

Poor conservatives are so persecuted. I mean the only thing you can aspire to in this life if you insult people daily and flaunt the law is the Presidency of the United States. How will you all ever make it. I mean there are many good Nazis right? Why paint so many with a broad brush?

Roseanne is a fat racist who got what she deserved. Anyone who signed on with her shouldn’t be surprised. Remember when all you conservatives hated her for her rendition of the national anthem? She is living proof that you guys will flip on a dime if Trump tells you to. So much for your values. There is no double standard as much as your fake outrage from Fox News wants to create one. Your inability to distinguish between inflammatory hate speech and legitimate outrage about terrible policies is exactly why the Russians targeted people like you.

Damn ambien.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 06 June 2018 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
SoPinesHeel - 06 June 2018 03:29 PM

Poor conservatives are so persecuted. I mean the only thing you can aspire to in this life if you insult people daily and flaunt the law is the Presidency of the United States. How will you all ever make it. I mean there are many good Nazis right? Why paint so many with a broad brush?

Roseanne is a fat racist who got what she deserved. Anyone who signed on with her shouldn’t be surprised. Remember when all you conservatives hated her for her rendition of the national anthem? She is living proof that you guys will flip on a dime if Trump tells you to. So much for your values. There is no double standard as much as your fake outrage from Fox News wants to create one. Your inability to distinguish between inflammatory hate speech and legitimate outrage about terrible policies is exactly why the Russians targeted people like you.

Damn ambien.

What’s with the fat-shaming, man? Hypocrite.

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2018 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Lol…sorry bro. I know how sensitive you are to people’s feelings. I’m just talking to a bunch of people who claim they like political incorrectness and “telling it how it is!” Am I not using your language? Or is this just one more fraud on the list? Maybe it’s for just when you all insult minorities or gay people? Or maybe it’s only acceptable on Twitter?

Kellyanne told me it was presidential. As a supporter of his you should like it right?
Or you are the hypocrite…I’ll bet the latter.

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2018 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07

Those whose conduct gives room for talk are always the first to attack their neighbors.

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2018 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

The irony of your statement is apparently lost on you.

I guess that’s why you are a Trumpster. Nice try though.

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2018 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

I haven’t posted a lot as we are taking our summer break, but I find it hilarious that the last 2 posts I create are cultural issues and in both Pines invokes Trump….He can’t help himself.

If I posted my favorite Chili Recipe (it’s good), Pines would somehow tie it to Trump…

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 06 June 2018 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

It is hilarious. So hilarious that the guy you voted for has empowered racists to bully minorities all over this country. It is hilarious that he scapegoats immigrants and the weakest among us, so that he can con the white working class into chanting chants about jailing his political opponents and covering for his many crimes against our country. It is even more hilarious that he has empowered a low rent celebrity to tweet racist crap because he regularly gets away with it.

But yeah, her show and it’s politicial discussions and her tweets had nothing to do with Trump. I think the tone he has set for this country has zero to do with it.

Thanks for the dumbest post on the thread. Lol. Hilarious.

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2018 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Rosanne should have never been allowed on the air..she’s a bat-shit crazy harpy…But she was allowed and got fired for being that bat-shit crazy person she has been long before Trump..

The OP was about the ongoing double-standard in some people seemingly to say anything as vile as they want and get away with it as long is it it directed against Conservatives, people with traditional values or people of faith….

But you want to keep it about Trump…That’s always your go to

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 06 June 2018 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

And I responded directly that there is no double standard. You can reread the post if you have any questions. I do appreciate you repeating everything Sean Hannity tells you to say though.

Signature 

Posted: 07 June 2018 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 06 June 2018 10:07 PM

And I responded directly that there is no double standard. You can reread the post if you have any questions. I do appreciate you repeating everything Sean Hannity tells you to say though.

How can you say there is no double standard?

Let me rephrase that..how can you Sincerely say there is no double standard?  Bill Mahr, Chelsea Handler, Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, Michelle Wolf all get away with very incendiary comments all of the time and if they were point at liberals their asses would be on the street with Rosanne and you know that…That is just a small sampling of the Hollywood dimwits that can’t just focus on their craft…

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 07 June 2018 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Because of the false comparison you want to make. Rosanne tweeted a racist comment and she is paying the price for using her freedom of speech. The false comparisons were immediately made to Samatha Bee who has a political show that highlights absurdity and injustice weekly, but unfortunately used an inappropriate word to describe Ivanka accurately. She apologized for the use of the word but her sentiment is 100 percent accurate, not a racist lie. Ivanka, a fraud who used to brandish her liberal New York social scene credibility and now makes excuses for her father who will stoop to any level and say anything if it motivates his hateful base. Basically she is exactly as described and is lower than low because she is now a defender of everything she used to claim to be against. Rosanne is at least an authentic fat ass racist and is paying the price for being herself. No one is banning her from speaking, she just doesnt get to have Disney’s backing to do it. TBS is obviously happy to have Samantha Bee. Damn that free market. It needs more protections for conservative racists.

Bill Maher did lose a show thanks to people like you who called for his head and misunderstood what he said. Once again thanks for showing how little you know and being a hypocrite.

Signature 

1 of 4