2 of 4
Rosanne Fired For Being Rosanne
Posted: 07 June 2018 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5363
Joined  2009-09-09

So what you are saying is that only racist comments count?...Gotcha

Signature 

Pirates function as a team. There were a lot of castes and classes in England at the time. But with pirates, it didn’t matter if you were black, white, rich or poor. The object was to get a treasure. If the captain did a bad job, you could just overthrow him.

— Mike Leach

Posted: 08 June 2018 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3491
Joined  2009-01-07
CU_Tigers4life - 07 June 2018 05:32 PM

How can you say there is no double standard?

Let me rephrase that..how can you Sincerely say there is no double standard?  Bill Mahr, Chelsea Handler, Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, Michelle Wolf all get away with very incendiary comments all of the time and if they were point at liberals their asses would be on the street with Rosanne and you know that…That is just a small sampling of the Hollywood dimwits that can’t just focus on their craft…

Yep, and that’s only part of the double-standard. The rabid, foaming at the mouth, left doesn’t see it as a double standard because they agree with what these whackadoodles say, so they don’t see anything wrong with it.

ESPN fired Curt Schilling for what he said, but kept Jemelle Hill and moved her into a role designed to give her a microphone for her political opinions. In this case, the left says it’s free market and employers can do what they want, and that’s correct - enter double standard. When the NFL owners say they don’t want people to protest while “on the clock” at a game and using the platform of the game that’s provided by the employer, then the left no longer sees it as free market; it becomes a violation of first amendment rights and a “slave-master-servant mentality.”

Additionally, if you cross the PC line, the fanatics want you out of business or to never be able to work again as a result of a statement - “irredeemable” according to Hillary. If you’re a convicted felon returning from jail, then employers/society owes you a job and a second chance.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 08 June 2018 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7948
Joined  2008-10-29
CU_Tigers4life - 07 June 2018 07:19 PM

So what you are saying is that only racist comments count?...Gotcha

People who think they “gotcha” when they are really just reminding everyone how they didn’t read or understand the comments always amuse me. I guess it is no different than you all doubling down on every dumbass thing some conservative pundit tells you to think, as a distraction to cover for the crimes your team is committing.

Reread my post. I took an exact example of someone you claim getting away with something and showed you how he too lost a tv show because the fake outrage from your types caused the same network to cancel his show. His comments weren’t racist and in fact they were 100percent true. People like you just didn’t like them.

That’s what an actual “gotcha” looks like. Do you ever get tired of being shown up time and time again? It is starting to bore me.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 08 June 2018 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
Curggr - 08 June 2018 11:31 AM

Let me rephrase that..how can you Sincerely say there is no double standard?  Bill Mahr, Chelsea Handler, Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, Michelle Wolf all get away with very incendiary comments all of the time and if they were point at liberals their asses would be on the street with Rosanne and you know that…That is just a small sampling of the Hollywood dimwits that can’t just focus on their craft…

Yep, and that’s only part of the double-standard. The rabid, foaming at the mouth, left doesn’t see it as a double standard because they agree with what these whackadoodles say, so they don’t see anything wrong with it.

ESPN fired Curt Schilling for what he said, but kept Jemelle Hill and moved her into a role designed to give her a microphone for her political opinions. In this case, the left says it’s free market and employers can do what they want, and that’s correct - enter double standard. When the NFL owners say they don’t want people to protest while “on the clock” at a game and using the platform of the game that’s provided by the employer, then the left no longer sees it as free market; it becomes a violation of first amendment rights and a “slave-master-servant mentality.”

Additionally, if you cross the PC line, the fanatics want you out of business or to never be able to work again as a result of a statement - “irredeemable” according to Hillary. If you’re a convicted felon returning from jail, then employers/society owes you a job and a second chance.

Once again, the inability to distinguish between racist remarks with no other purpose but to insult, and legitimate expressions of outrage at specific policies nullifies your point.

I have no interest in watching Jamelle Hill. Guess what, I don’t. This whole balance argument is such a joke. There is no balance because your side is spiraling into a pit of scumbags and hate filled losers who are being played by billionaires with no conscious and simply want lower taxes and less regulation that makes them protect the environment or safety. Its why women, minorities and the college educated are abandoning what used to be the corporate country club party. 100% of racists voted for and are energized by your guy. Don’t believe me? Just ask them. They are happy to tell you as they wear their MAGA hats. That is the team you are on. Be proud. But don’t expect a real network to carry your shows. You have Fox News and AM radio for that garbage. Enjoy it with all the 80 year olds.

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2018 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
SoPinesHeel - 08 June 2018 02:02 PM
Curggr - 08 June 2018 11:31 AM

Once again, the inability to distinguish between racist remarks with no other purpose but to insult, and legitimate expressions of outrage at specific policies nullifies your point.

I have no interest in watching Jamelle Hill. Guess what, I don’t. This whole balance argument is such a joke. There is no balance because your side is spiraling into a pit of scumbags and hate filled losers who are being played by billionaires with no conscious and simply want lower taxes and less regulation that makes them protect the environment or safety. Its why women, minorities and the college educated are abandoning what used to be the corporate country club party. 100% of racists voted for and are energized by your guy. Don’t believe me? Just ask them. They are happy to tell you as they wear their MAGA hats. That is the team you are on. Be proud. But don’t expect a real network to carry your shows. You have Fox News and AM radio for that garbage. Enjoy it with all the 80 year olds.

So previously you disagreed with a post asking if comments were only bad if they were racist, yet here you limit your outrage to racist comments again. Either way, you have, in a couple of posts, excused extreme comments because 1. you agree with the underlying point and 2. it’s an expression of what you determine to be legitimate outrage. Are such statements okay, or are they not?

If that decision is situational based on your agreement or your assessment that the underlying point is legitimate versus those comments being otherwise unacceptable - well, then you have pretty clearly exposed your hypocrisy and partisanship. Now, if you say they aren’t really acceptable in any case, then I would kindly ask you to explain why the difference in responses to them is not a double standard. Which is it?

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2018 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I will say it really closely and slowly for the 4th time in this thread. There is no equivalence to outwardly racist comments coming from your team, to harsh language in response to even harsher and more despicable policies and scapegoating coming from the right.

I don’t like any of it to be honest…I don’t like kneeling, I don’t like the Facebook posts from conservatives who think they can call anyone an idiot or a libtard and then cry when you respond in kind, I don’t like talks of impeachment no matter how worthy of it he is, because it is all pointless. But I will also be damned if I let you guys get away with the bullshit you post and defend without a response. Letting people like you have the Air unopposed is what got us all Trump because he is of low enough character to play you all. But that is another story…

There is no need for balance or equality because the two aren’t equal. One day you all are going to realize you all lost the culture wars. Gay people, women, minorities, immigrants…they are here and America is going to get more brown every year. Gay people are going to keep buying cakes and your kids are going to hate the people you are.

I just wonder why you keep trying to fight it. I guess you all like to lose.

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2018 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
SoPinesHeel - 08 June 2018 02:53 PM

I say it really closely and slowly for the 4th time in this thread. There is no equivalence to outwardly racist comments coming from your team, to harsh language in response to even harsher and more despicable policies and scapegoating coming from the right.

There is no need for balance or equality because the two aren’t equal. One day you all are going to realize you all lost the culture wars. Gay people, minorities, immigrants…they are here and America is going to get more brown every year. Gay people are going to keep buying cakes and your kids are going to hate the people you are.

I just wonder why you keep trying to fight it. I guess you all like to lose.

So you’re going with A - hypocrite. So noted.

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2018 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Nope, again that’s your territory…you can keep it. So noted.

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2018 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
SoPinesHeel - 08 June 2018 02:59 PM

Nope, again that’s your territory…you can keep it. So noted.

I have the same standards for everyone. Let’s try this. Roseanne’s remark was horrible as were those insults made by the others. Agree?

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2018 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

What insults from others are you referring to? If Jamelle Hill’s then no they aren’t even comparable. What she said was her opinion but it was based on actions by your guy. Maybe you can find some that are equivocable but I can’t think of any. Harsh things can be based in truth. Racism is not. Neither is scapegoating or conning or defrauding people.

Have you forgotten that you vote for a guy who let chants about jailing his political rivals go one unabated. They openly sold T-shirt’s that said “Trump that bitch” and white supremicists have hailed his election. There is no equivocation to that dispicable behavior on the left as much as you want to pretend that there is.

I guess if I was complicit I might want to equivocate too, thank god that I’m not. If only you had a choice.

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2018 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
SoPinesHeel - 08 June 2018 03:29 PM

What insults from others are you referring to? If Jamelle Hill’s then no they aren’t even comparable. What she said was her opinion but it was based on actions by your guy. Maybe you can find some that are equivocable but I can’t think of any. Harsh things can be based in truth. Racism is not. Neither is scapegoating or conning or defrauding people.

I’ve read the thread a couple of times and haven’t seen anyone defend Roseanne and her racist comments - just the opposite, everyone has condemned her.

The only comments being defended are those of people on the left. In this post and others, you have acknowledged that the comments were harsh, but seem to excuse them because they were in response to something they didn’t like or about something you agree with. Is it your opinion that a difference of opinion politically entitles one to lash out in the way these people have and makes it acceptable?

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2018 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I defend people for having legitimate opinions based on reality. You want to equivocate that to a racist insult not based in reality because you want cover for the terrible things you support. How many times can I say it? They two aren’t equal or even remotely the same.

If you don’t defend what she said why do you support the guy who empowers her and people like her. Very good people on both sides?

Trumpsters seem to have a cognitive disconnect between what they vote for and what it produces. I used to think you all would change when shown how terrible the side you are on is. I am starting to realize you will never change. The good news is your type will die out…the young, minorities, women, the educated…they are all abandoning your party. I told you Trump would destroy the Republican Party for a generation…I was only wrong about how fast.

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2018 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
SoPinesHeel - 08 June 2018 03:41 PM

I defend people for having legitimate opinions based on reality. You want to equivocate that to a racist insult not based in reality because you want cover for the terrible things you support. How many times can I say it? They two aren’t equal or even remotely the same.

If you don’t defend what she said why do you support the guy who empowers her and people like her. Very good people on both sides?

Trumpsters seem to have a cognitive disconnect between what they vote for and what it produces. I used to think you all would hang when shown how terrible the side you are on is. I am starting to realize you will never change. The good news is your type will die out…the young, minorities, women, the educated…they are all abandoning your party. I told you Trump would destroy the Republican Party for a generation…I was only wrong about how fast.

Legitimate opinions are fine. I’m separating the insults from the political opinion and asking if those are okay. My guess is that you can see there is a difference unless you’re asserting that a political opinion compels someone to insult people. After all, Roseanne may have a legitimate disagreement about something Valerie Jarrett did, but nobody on this thread has offered any attempt to defend her.

Assuming that we agree that the political opinion does not compel insult, do you defend Samantha Bee’s use of the language she used about Ivanka Trump because she disagrees with her father’s immigration policy? I’m asking this as a stand-alone question.

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2018 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Not really a fan of what she said but she was directly addressing policy and Ivanka’s complicit nature to it, Did you see her apology? I agree with it 100 percent. I already addressed it in this thread. I guess you didn’t read it. It is only an issue because you guys are sensitive that people are rightly calling out the dispicable stuff your guy empowers. You want to equivocate but there is no equal.

I’ll stand by and wait for you to come up with more examples of unprovoked racism coming from the left since that is what would be equal. Can’t find any? Weird all the racists are on your side.

https://youtu.be/cPAqgjqSDos

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2018 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07

I understand her rationale. I don’t think the presence of a rationale necessarily excuses the choice of behavior - even if I agree with their underlying perspective - especially on a scripted show that’s prepared well in advance versus a spontaneous response.

I’m not looking for additional racist statements. Do you believe that a racist statement is the only sort of statement that rises to the level of action by an employer?

Signature 

2 of 4