3 of 4
Rosanne Fired For Being Rosanne
Posted: 08 June 2018 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7924
Joined  2008-10-29

No but again, you all think people should be fired for attacking Trump over his policies and calling him names because you think it is somehow the same. It isn’t. Rosanne was fired for making an unprovoked racist attack that soiled the reputation of her employer. Bad move when your boss is a black woman.

Who do you think set the tone anyhow for all this? It’s like you all are upset because you don’t like the tactics your team has used for decades. I’ll stand by for you all to criticize your boy. Trade wars with our allies and cozying up to dictators hasn’t gotten you to among many other things. Don’t know why you would start now.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 08 June 2018 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5180
Joined  2009-09-09

This entire thread validates everything that I have suggested.  Pines has gone out of his way to defend and dismiss any liberal’s incendiary comments and even joining in and agreeing with them…Somehow he thinks we are defending Rosanne when all we are saying is all is not equal when passing out the punishments.It is a double standard and Pines is participating in the playbook…as if on Que, he always turns everything to Trump which is getting old. Bill Ayers would be proud.

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 08 June 2018 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Yeah becuase the show had nothing to do with Trump. Did you watch the show? I guess not. Too bad. It probably hit pretty close to home for you. As for me I try to rise above what the show described. We used to call that the American dream. Now we insult and degrade dreamers.

I do know why you don’t want it to be about Trump though. I guess I would do the same if the ship I was on was sinking. Maybe even claim I could pardon myself.

It’s all about Trump becuase Trump now owns your side. He has completely taken over the party and the supposed conservative movement. You know it’s true because if it wasn’t you wouldn’t care, just like you wouldn’t care about Rosanne if she wasn’t on your team. It’s just like you didnt care when people like you demanded Bill Maher lose his show…weird you have never responded to that. I guess that was too good of a “gotcha.”

One more loss for you in the column. I’ll be here next time you stick your head up too. I never get tired of stomping it right back down. If only you realized all you have to do is admit how wrong you were, it could all end.

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2018 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

You are the only one invoking Trump…and as always you are diverting from the original point.  This is not about your ongoing obsession to to connect EVERYTHING to Trump..this about a double standard and you are an active participant.  So you keep shoving the anti-Trump just like rule 8 from “rules for radicals” makes you do:

“If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside”

Rosanne is crude and got what she deserved…what about the left bomb throwers? Shouldn’t they be held to the same standard?...You have already answered that question in your commentary on this post and are an active enabler.

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 08 June 2018 10:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

And the circle continues. I swear to god you didn’t comprehend a single thing I said.
It’s like arguing with a child…or more accurately a Boy Scout who just mouths the law and oath. We both know you don’t actually live it.

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2018 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 08 June 2018 10:54 PM

And the circle continues. I swear to god you didn’t comprehend a single thing I said.
It’s like arguing with a child…or more accurately a Boy Scout who just mouths the law and oath. We both know you don’t actually live it.

There is no circle…you do not think there is a double standard because all liberals say only the truth even when it is crude and you agree with it and everything circles around Trump….

As for the Scout Law, you could never live by it….kind of like the Bible.  I get the impression you don’t think much of either.  You could not be as crass as you are and even care to try.  I have no problem saying that I don’t always succeed, but I try every day…Do You?

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 09 June 2018 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3471
Joined  2009-01-07
SoPinesHeel - 08 June 2018 08:41 PM

No but again, you all think people should be fired for attacking Trump over his policies and calling him names because you think it is somehow the same. It isn’t. Rosanne was fired for making an unprovoked racist attack that soiled the reputation of her employer. Bad move when your boss is a black woman.

Who do you think set the tone anyhow for all this? It’s like you all are upset because you don’t like the tactics your team has used for decades. I’ll stand by for you all to criticize your boy. Trade wars with our allies and cozying up to dictators hasn’t gotten you to among many other things. Don’t know why you would start now.

Okay, so we agree that racism is not the only sort of comment that should have someone subjected to disciplinary response from an employer. Would you agree that language diminishing a woman to a vulgar slang term for her genitalia might be an example of such a comment warranting a response?

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 09 June 2018 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
CU_Tigers4life - 09 June 2018 12:28 AM
SoPinesHeel - 08 June 2018 10:54 PM

There is no circle…you do not think there is a double standard because all liberals say only the truth even when it is crude and you agree with it and everything circles around Trump….

As for the Scout Law, you could never live by it….kind of like the Bible.  I get the impression you don’t think much of either.  You could not be as crass as you are and even care to try.  I have no problem saying that I don’t always succeed, but I try every day…Do You?

Crass as I am? What planet are you living on? You openly support a philandering con man who scapegoats the weakest among us? You don’t get to lecture anyone about crassness. You long ago sold your soul to the most crass politician ever to run for the presidential office. Nixon looks like a choir boy now. People of faith? Sorry bro, you are on the side of charlatans and televangelists…not actual Christians. Jesus wasn’t a conservative…but you also think he was a white dude and handed George Washington the constitution with a mantra that tax cuts for the wealthy solve all problems. No surprise you can’t tell the difference. You and the Paige Pattersons and Jerry Falwells of the the world are gonna have it tough when where you think you are going looks a lot like where you think I’m going. If only you had a choice. Maybe you can take a trip on that falcon jet with Jesse Duplantis or Kenneth Copeland. God forbid you rode in a passenger plane with all the demons. People of faith….Bawhahahahahaha Hahahahah.

As to the scout law…Nope. I don’t live up to it but you know what I also don’t do? I don’t go out of my way to defend someone who is the literal opposite of everything the Boy Scouts supposedly stand for. You would have thought you would have gotten that by simply looking at his bio and if not then when he spoke to the Scouts and used the opportunity to scour his political opponents and discuss cocaine fueled sex parties.

The fact that Scouts and adults starting chanting lock her up and he let it go says all you need to know about why the scouts in the current form are dying.

If you are trying you sure aren’t trying very hard. Maybe you can continue to support separating mothers and children and then losing the children to show me how faithful and upstanding you are. LMFAO.

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2018 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
Curggr - 09 June 2018 12:45 AM

Okay, so we agree that racism is not the only sort of comment that should have someone subjected to disciplinary response from an employer. Would you agree that language diminishing a woman to a vulgar slang term for her genitalia might be an example of such a comment warranting a response?

If you knew her show you would know she says it all the time, usually about men. So why would they fire her now? Do you not see it’s about the sentiment and the context that matters? Samanatha Bee was directly responding to Ivanka the Upper East Liberal’s silence and complicity. Rosanne was simply being a fat racist so don’t give me that crap she is somehow equal. Her right and she paid the well deserved price.

Samantha Bee apologized and didn’t blame it on the drugs she takes. You guys excused away “Grab her by the pussy” when your guy actually meant sexually assualting women. Spare me your bullshit fake outrage over the word Cunt. Trump that Bitch remember? Such frauds.

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2018 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
SoPinesHeel - 09 June 2018 08:21 AM
Curggr - 09 June 2018 12:45 AM

If you knew her show you would know she says it all the time, usually about men. So why would they fire her now? Do you not see it’s about the sentiment and the context that matters? Samanatha Bee was directly responding to Ivanka the Upper East Liberal’s silence and complicity. Rosanne was simply being a fat racist so don’t give me that crap she is somehow equal. Her right and she paid the well deserved price.

Samantha Bee apologized and didn’t blame it on the drugs she takes. You guys excused away “Grab her by the pussy” when your guy actually meant sexually assualting women. Spare me your bullshit fake outrage over the word Cunt. Trump that Bitch remember? Such frauds.

So is it that calling people that on your TV show is okay, or is it that it’s not really okay but it’s different for her because she was saying it out of disagreement and says it a lot?

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2018 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

What is so hard about this? No. Unprovoked attacks are not okay. But when it is exactly what your boss signed you up for it is okay in that networks mind. Kind of like how you never criticize all the lying Fox News does and all the insults our embarrassment of a president dishes out. The idea you all are feigning horror at the word cunt is such a joke. And quite frankly when you are attacking terrible people for doing bad things it is much more forgivable than when you are just attacking good people period. I know as a Trumpster you can’t understand that becuase you think there are many fine neo Nazis and they are on your team. Wouldn’t want to lose the nazi vote would you?

You must hate World War II movies. Have you gone and insulted a veteran today? I mean they did a lot of nazi ass kicking. Shouldn’t there be balance? We know your guy doesn’t like people who got captured. He would have been with them but you know… bone spurs.

Signature 

Posted: 11 June 2018 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
SoPinesHeel - 09 June 2018 10:45 AM

What is so hard about this? No. Unprovoked attacks are not okay. But when it is exactly what your boss signed you up for it is okay in that networks mind. Kind of like how you never criticize all the lying Fox News does and all the insults our embarrassment of a president dishes out. The idea you all are feigning horror at the word cunt is such a joke. And quite frankly when you are attacking terrible people for doing bad things it is much more forgivable than when you are just attacking good people period. I know as a Trumpster you can’t understand that becuase you think there are many fine neo Nazis and they are on your team. Wouldn’t want to lose the nazi vote would you?

You must hate World War II movies. Have you gone and insulted a veteran today? I mean they did a lot of nazi ass kicking. Shouldn’t there be balance? We know your guy doesn’t like people who got captured. He would have been with them but you know… bone spurs.

I understood your perspective from the very beginning. Since you always claim people make excuses for someone’s behavior, I wanted to ask it in as pointed of a manner as possible to give you ample opportunity to offer an unqualified response on whether it was okay to specifically refer to a person in that way on TV. You didn’t do it. Your decision on the merits of the use of the word is based on whether you agree with their underlying perspective - allowing it from one side versus the other.

Yes, it is okay in the network’s mind and exactly what the boss signed her up for, just as you said. That’s kind of the point being made here - that it’s okay for the boss of a particular perspective to sign people up to be vulgar on the air on their time. I know you won’t give it fair consideration, but the rest of us might consider the outrage if Glenn Beck or someone called Hillary a lying c on twitter - not on the air and on company time, but twitter.

Signature 

Posted: 11 June 2018 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

The show isn’t that vulgar. Obviously you have never watched it. But…..

You all outraged at vulgarity? Bawhahahahahahahaha. I have referenced that repeatedly in this thread!!!! I swear to god there is some kind of disconnect with you people.

You all long ago poisoned the well with conservative vulgarity. Racism is vulgar, scapegoating immigrants is vulgar, playing up peoples prejudices is vulgar. Your guy curses from the lectern. Your team will stoop to any level to troll people on the left, to cheat and to gerrymander with precision. You chant “lock her up” and sell “Trump that bitch” tshirts. You have allowed the most dishonorable man to ever occupy the oval office to insult anyone he chooses, most recently our closest allies, and sully the office. You have an entire news network that serves as nothing but a propaganda channel for the current administration after spending 8 years doing nothing but spreading birther conspiracies and trashing the administration of an African American. You side with someone who enlisted the help of an enemy of our country to defeat another American. You all even claim to have Jesus on your side, but cant seem to realize that you all have nothing to do with what Jesus actually said or talked about, and your policies actually do the opposite of what Jesus taught.

And you dare talk of vulgarity? Sorry, just like everything else you have no credibility. You all sold the soul of your party to a demagogue. The vulgarity starts with you. At some point you would think you would have a little shame. Obviously not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xej2hvJdxw

Signature 

Posted: 11 June 2018 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07

Show where I’ve defended any of that, and you might have a point. I’ll use this thread as an example of where you’ve defended it. Your turn.

Signature 

Posted: 11 June 2018 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Ummm…it was evident when you voted for it and you have yet to condemn any of it. You had a choice.

That makes you complicit…just like Ivanka so I see why you don’t like Samantha Bee.

Signature 

3 of 4