Urban Meyer Placed on Adminsitrative Leave
Posted: 01 August 2018 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3976
Joined  2013-01-17

I haven’t read into it a lot but what I’ve gathered is that his WR coach abused his wife and many knew about it and didn’t do anything.  Apparently he originally said he knew nothing of it and then all of a sudden may have known a little bit…  Supposedly all the coaches wives knew so probably all the coaches knew. 

Some saying he might get fired. 

I guess I have two questions here. 

Assuming innocent until proven guilty. 
1. How is this the HC’s fault exactly?  I’m not saying he’s squeaky clean but he’s not really responsible for controlling a relationship between husband and wife. 

Assuming he knew about it and helped hide it. 
2.  WTF Urban, WHY?  Risk a career for a single position coach that is being a POS?  Just get rid of him, help the woman, and deal with the public as they come.  If you act quickly on this the backlash would be almost nothing and you would have a clean conscience.  Instead you make tOSU look like shit for one of the most replaceable members of the staff.  CoverupU?  The BIG really likes these shady coaches.  tOSU will basically be forced to fire him if this is true. 

ESPN did mention that this could have Title 9 implications but didn’t explain why exactly.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 02 August 2018 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5217
Joined  2009-09-09

First, the culture of domestic abuse is a red hot issue in all sports.  Secondly, this is Urban Myer.  He has a rather large history of looking the other way at serious matters he knew about in order to win.  ESPN actually has a decent article on this:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24259780/urban-meyer-ohio-state-buckeyes-coaching-scandal

As I said, Urban Myer’s history of discipline to players and staff will be his downfall.  10-15 years ago and this would have been a issue that would have went away quickly.

Brett McMurphy is the reporter who broke this and he must have an ax to grind with Myer because this story is a career killer….

I don’t think Myer will survive this scandal based upon the times we live in.

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 02 August 2018 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3928
Joined  2011-02-04

Next stop, South Carolina?

Posted: 02 August 2018 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11852
Joined  2008-10-29

Dang, got him before heart problems could.

31-0 hio

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 02 August 2018 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  451
Joined  2012-01-24

He will have heart and health issues causing him to retire until the 2020 season where he will be the next HC of North Carolina.

Posted: 02 August 2018 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17
Garrett_TD23 - 02 August 2018 09:22 AM

Next stop, South Carolina?

He’s about the right age and that is the coaching graveyard.  Maybe a stop at Louisville first?  Or Auburn at if they flop this year?

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 09 August 2018 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

I don’t know why it took so long for this to come out but apparently Ms. Smith told her mom and Zach’s mom she was going to plot something against him.  A lot of false reports in the past. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mother-zach-courtney-smith-claim-ex-ohio-state-assistant-victim-retaliatory-plot-ex-wife-223132593.html

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 11 August 2018 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11852
Joined  2008-10-29

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/tom-herman-reportedly-tipped-off-brett-mcmurphy-about-zach-smith-after-he-lost-out-on-5-star-recruit-to-osu

Everything lately saying Herman tipped the press off on the Ohio St situation.  This is gonna get juicy.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 12 August 2018 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7934
Joined  2008-10-29
Dawgsfan - 02 August 2018 01:54 PM

He will have heart and health issues causing him to retire until the 2020 season where he will be the next HC of North Carolina.

Why would he be the next head coach of North Carolina?

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)