2 of 2
Week 3 Discussion
Posted: 16 September 2018 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4815
Joined  2013-01-17

I can’t comment on what Tag needs but Chad needs a QB that can run a bit and I doubt he has it at Arkansas.  They need to have patients as they are in a tough division and nobody will go there an win instantly. 

To be honest between the punt return and being -5 in the turnover margin losing by ONLY 24 points isn’t bad.

side note - Holy smokes their QB is huge.  Cole Kelley is 6-7 258.  A little too big to be a runner.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 16 September 2018 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6848
Joined  2009-09-09

I have a tad more sympathy for Chad Morris because he literally inherited a dumpster fire…Arkansas never recovered from firing Bobby Petrino and Bret Bilema had the Wisconsin run 50 times a game offense…

But Arkansas still should not be losing to teams like North Texas and Colorado State.

The only thing I can say is that most first year coaches are really struggling this year which is odd.

Signature 

Edgar Friendly

Because I like to think, I like to read. I’m into freedom of speech, the freedom of choice. I’m the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - “Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of BBQ ribs with the side order of gravy fries?” I want high cholesterol.

Posted: 16 September 2018 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6848
Joined  2009-09-09

I posted this on Tnet ans so far has been received surprisingly well:

I realize most of the posters on Tnet aren’t happy unless Clemson beats every team 65-0 with zero turnovers, 500 yards passing and 300 yards rushing per game with the Defense getting at least 3 pick-sixes and 10 sacks per game or they want someone fired or benched…..

With that said, I like what I am seeing in this offense. They are learning to be a vertical team again. I have had my difficulties watching Kelly’s Bryant’s fairly one-dimensional style at QB (After 7 years of Tajh Boyd and Deshaun Watson’s Passing attacks), but he has been exactly what Trevor Lawrence has need to develop in a controlled style and this team is now to the point where I would wager by mid-October we are going to be putting up some gaudy offensive numbers.

We are finally becoming such a serious deep threat that defenses will no longer be able to stack the box and dare us to throw because the rapidly developing Trevor Lawrence has one of the fastest releases I have ever seen from a Clemson QB and his arm is a freaking howitzer. He is making throws that Kelly Bryant just can’t make. We are getting vertical over the middle of the field again an starting to see the Tight Ends catch more balls which had always been huge in our success.

Playing time, experience and coaching will clean up the turnovers. We have great team leadership that I feel will be the key element to this team continuing to be a special year.

Hubris has always been the Clemson fan bases biggest flaw…I am just as guilty.

I think we are going to go through the ACC like crapping lighting….

Signature 

Edgar Friendly

Because I like to think, I like to read. I’m into freedom of speech, the freedom of choice. I’m the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - “Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of BBQ ribs with the side order of gravy fries?” I want high cholesterol.

Posted: 16 September 2018 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4815
Joined  2013-01-17

I posted something similar.  There are too many people bowing down to Bama just because they are destroying bad teams right now. 

Clemson has ALL SEASON to clean up the minor mistakes we are making.  There is no reason to panic.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 17 September 2018 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  512
Joined  2012-01-24

Georgia beat up Middle Tennessee State. After the game,the players are acting like we lost. They aren’t happy how the offense played and the defense wasn’t playing up to their caliber. There was some mental mistakes that need to be cleaned up. Off to play Missouri next week.

2 of 2