The ACC Stock Market Monthly Report…9.23.2018
Posted: 23 September 2018 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6397
Joined  2009-09-09

The ACC is a mess.  It’s really that simple.  Garret, good luck ranking this league…

It may be time to bring back ESPN’s “ACC Wheel of Destiny” for this season…

At the end of the first month of play, I would not have projected that Clemson, Syracuse and Duke would be the only undefeated teams in the league..

The losses that the league had taken have really made the league look bad. The ODU victory over 13th ranked VT is about as bad as bad gets.

I was scratching my head over how Boston College got manhandled by an anemic Purdue…

On an high note, UNC looked like a different program with their suspended players back.  I watched quite a bit of the Pitt game and they looked like a untied team playing with a purpose…

At this point, Clemson is going to have to run the table and do it with some style points to stay in good with the CFB committee.  If a team like Notre Dame messes and runs the table, which could very easily happen, this could be a real challenge at the end of the year.  Had Clemson not been in the playoffs for the last three years I’m not certain even running the table would help.

For the health of the ACC, Miami needs to win out along with Clemson to make the ACC look as well as possible.

Anyway, here’s the stock market picks after the first 3rd of the regular season:

CLEMSON: BUY
DUKE: BUY
SYRACUSE: BUY
MIAMI: BUY
UNC: BUY
NC STATE: HOLD
FSU: SELL
LOUISVILLE: SELL
PITT: HOLD
BOSTON COLLEGE: HOLD
GT: SELL
WAKE FOREST: BUY
UVA: BUY
VT: HOLD

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 23 September 2018 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4728
Joined  2013-01-17

I would sell VT. 

Undefeated Clemson has zero problems getting into the playoff.  Luckily for the ACC the Big12 also almost collapsed yesterday when OU almost lost to Army.  The Pac12 was on the verge of having 1-2 contenders left too.  They might be down to 1 already. 

ND might be a legit contender with their new QB.  Need more tape though.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions