1 of 3
Trevor Lawrence Named Staring QB For Clemson Vs. Syracuse
Posted: 24 September 2018 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6346
Joined  2009-09-09

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Swinney-announces-change-at-quarterback-30897

It was pretty obvious after the last 2-3 games that TL was only getting better and Kelly Bryant’s passing game has peaked….While KB is good enough to win the ACC, it is not enough to win national championships solely on the talents he brings to the table….

I actually think Kelly Bryant has the potential to come in After Trevor Lawrence and be more effective.  Assuming TL’s passing attack loosens up a defense, the running attack will be more effective and KB can use his legs a little more…

Dabo, will still play KB, but he knows we need to start games better than we have and he has seen enough in these 2 QB’s and making these decisions is why he makes the big bucks…

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 24 September 2018 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3870
Joined  2009-01-07

He opens up a whole new element to the offense. You’re right that we could be good enough to win the ACC with KB, but we need the complete offense to go any further.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 24 September 2018 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12685
Joined  2008-10-29

I like it.  Turn him loose, let’s see what else the kid can do.

We are still going to see Bryant though.  All starting is, is taking the first snap.  I suspect it will be a TL, KB, TL rotation instead of a KB, TL, KB rotation.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 25 September 2018 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Kelly Bryant has missed 2 straight practices since being replaced as starter.  Hmmm not good.  Will he be in the right mind to play against Syracuse if called upon??

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 25 September 2018 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

It’s gotta be tough on the kid…I feel for him, but the bottom kine is he got beat and he has to choose to practice harder and be a part of this team or does he pick up his marbles and leave?

He could be part of a national tile contender or end up at a place like Arkansas in the name of being the BMOC…

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 25 September 2018 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  963
Joined  2011-04-22
Clemtgrs - 25 September 2018 08:12 PM

Kelly Bryant has missed 2 straight practices since being replaced as starter.  Hmmm not good.  Will he be in the right mind to play against Syracuse if called upon??

His next snap means this is his final season. If he wants to play elsewhere, he has to sit the rest of the season. We’ll see how this plays out. QB drama at the national powers is pretty crazy this year.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 25 September 2018 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4684
Joined  2013-01-17

Dabo’s interview on TNET seemed pretty clear that KB was committed to Clemson but he didn’t hint at KB missing a second practice….KB might be able to go elsewhere and be a starter and he might be a nobody.  For some reason guys never seem to have success after leaving Clemson (Baker and Pagano come to mind). 

In reality he will likely have a better chance of being BMOC by staying at Clemson where a lot of fans really appreciate what he’s done for the program.  If he goes to another team his smartest play would be to change positions IMO, assuming he wants to go Pro.  Either way the coaches made this decision at the time they did to give him a final chance to think this over. 

If KB leave and TL gets hurt our season is over.  We will have gone from having the deepest QB room to an empty QB room in like 2 months.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 25 September 2018 10:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

I’ll also add that I hope he stays and I hope the coaches force him to throw deep over the middle.  LOTS of QB’s have more mental hurdles than physical or talent hurdles.  Maybe the best thing for him would be gun-slinging it the rest of the season and see if he just needed less pressure to succeed to get to the next level. 

If he can show some gunslinger ability then he has a shot at the NFL.  There’s no better WR corps in the nation to throw to too, they will bail out TL and KB on many throws this year.

Signature 

Posted: 25 September 2018 11:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Ancient Orange - 25 September 2018 10:45 PM

I’ll also add that I hope he stays and I hope the coaches force him to throw deep over the middle.  LOTS of QB’s have more mental hurdles than physical or talent hurdles.  Maybe the best thing for him would be gun-slinging it the rest of the season and see if he just needed less pressure to succeed to get to the next level. 

If he can show some gunslinger ability then he has a shot at the NFL.  There’s no better WR corps in the nation to throw to too, they will bail out TL and KB on many throws this year.

A/O..He’s not NFL material and you know it.  The only reason he started last year is because There simply no talent behind him.  Hunter Johnson was supposed to be the next great QB but he never lived up to his potential was was reflected in what happened to him this year.

Kelly Bryant would be well served to be a good teammate and play the roll he has earned.  He will still get playing time, just in a more limited role.

If he finishes out his time at Clemson, he can still try for the NFL and when he doesn’t made it, the Clemson Nation will see to it that he can get a good job…..If he takes his marbles and leaves for some directional school, he won’t have that fall back. He will have the Clemson Degree, but he may well lose some connections that would help him find a good paying job.

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 25 September 2018 11:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.  I don’t see him leaving, hoping he doesn’t.  He’s a local kid and Clemson stuck with him through his medical issues in HS.  He’s done a lot for Clemson and I would think Clemson has done a lot for him.  He should know he can still play.  With the caliber team we have, and the teams we are going to be playing he could possibly get ample time even behind Lawrence.

Going to another school, likely with less talent at skill positions doesn’t seem like a smart move especially for almost half a season.  Team dynamics in place already, you show up and try to command a locker room….i don’t know man, doesn’t sound that great to me personally.

Clemson still likes KB, I know the coaches and team still likes KB, he just isn’t the best QB on the team plain and simple.  Sorry.  If you get upset at a decision like this you won’t last at the next level anyway given how businesslike it is.  Work harder and take advantage of that playing time you get and get better.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 26 September 2018 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

KB is transferring.  We went from deepest QB room in the nation to paper thin in 3 months.

Signature 

Posted: 26 September 2018 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Well he gets less respect from me for that, only because I feel like he handled the situation very poorly.  He won’t last in a real business.  Good luck, time to move on.  TL is the guy, Chase Brice get ready.

KB sounds salty, what if he goes somewhere and takes another kid’s shot huh?  Get over yourself KB.  You just ditched your teammates, must feel great.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 26 September 2018 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Also I think Dabo handled the situation the best he could and deservedly getting praise nationally for it.  That is Clemson.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 26 September 2018 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

Yes he could have easily locked KB down for the year without drawing any negative attention but didn’t. It might come back to bite us, and KB, but he was as transparent as possible.  .

Signature 

Posted: 26 September 2018 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  963
Joined  2011-04-22

Bryant just wants to play, and this new rule gives him an opportunity to still do so. I thought Dabo handled it as well as possible, and I think it works out well for both parties. If Lawrence suffers a long-term injury, then that changes things.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 26 September 2018 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Mine and a lot of other Clemson fans’s animosity comes from the first words we hear from KB on the situation are to an outside media source stating he didn’t get a fair shot and it was like a slap in the face.  There was no usual press release from Clemson thankful for the opportunity, felt like he needed to go and grow elsewhere, this is whats best for him, etc.  It was just a quoted article to a greenville media source saying he felt it was a slap in the face and he didn’t get a fair shake. 

Please, he had to much of a fair shake at times.  He lost the job because he wasn’t as good simple as that and now he’s taking his ball and running trying to find the best chance where his ego can thrive.  He sounds salty and sounds like he is making a knee jerk emotional decision with a me first attitude.

Oh well, TL time.  Now there is no controversy, no drama, nothing.  Turn TL loose, open up the playbook and play ball while beating everyone into oblivion.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

1 of 3