RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  482
Joined  2012-01-24

Says to me KB is not a team player.

Posted: 26 September 2018 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5543
Joined  2009-09-09

He is the Cousin of Martavis Bryant..need I say More?

Signature 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Posted: 26 September 2018 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12403
Joined  2008-10-29

I guess Chad Morris may find a QB.  The hog fans seem thrilled at the idea.  I think it would be a good and likely landing spot.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 26 September 2018 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Clemtgrs - 26 September 2018 01:27 PM

I guess Chad Morris may find a QB.  The hog fans seem thrilled at the idea.  I think it would be a good and likely landing spot.

I disagree…Arky is so bad that they can’t protect KB next year going against the SEC West.  He would look like a rad in a dogs mouth.

My guess is he will end up at a direction school like South Florida.  Charlie Strong brought in a one-hit wonder for this year and I would guess he would do so again.  It is the type of place where he could look good.

Part on me would love to see him at another ACC school that’s on our schedule or even better the Gamecocks….

Perhaps in the no-Defense Big 12 is another place he could go like West Virginia, Baylor, Etc..

Signature 

Posted: 26 September 2018 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

I think the big winner of this is Dabo.  He is being praised in the media for the way he handled this matter.  He and his staff could have strung KB along and made him the Syracuse starter to burn his red shirt opportunity but in a classy move, Dabo and staff laid the situation out on the table for Bryant to have all of his options available to him.  Kelly Bryant’s accusations of Dabo not giving him a fair chance could not be farther from the truth. In fact, coach went out of his way to give KB every chance to improve to the type of passer this team needs and he’s peaked in that area and what he offer’s is not good enough to compete for National Titles.

I wished KB could have exited in a classy way.  He has clearly stated it’s all about him.  It’s going to take a team really on the ropes to allow a selfish player lead their offensive squad.

Signature 

Posted: 26 September 2018 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Posted on Tnet but i laughed way to hard.

Live footage of Kelly Bryant on Monday/Tuesday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvzpuAa1QVs

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 26 September 2018 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4408
Joined  2013-01-17

The worst part is KB could have stayed at Clemson for the redshirt year training and getting better for the rest of the semester and IF TL got hurt automatically be the man on a top team.  Instead he’s gonna prematurely flip his life upside down and abandon his team because he got his feelings hurt.  I doubt his next school will have the facilities and resources he has at Clemson. 

KB got real sick (losing 50lbs from a lean body) in HS and lost some of his offers from colleges.  He didn’t have that many to start with but Clemson stuck with him (supposedly over switching to Lamar Jackson).  It seems like the coaches stuck with him through the tough times but he didn’t want to stick with us….

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 28 September 2018 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Like everyone, the emotions of what happen this week has been intense. But when I watch other QB’s in similar situations man-up and accept their demotion and support their teammates makes me very disappointed in Kelly Bryant…..It comes to the bottom line that he abandoned his teammates. The speaks a lot to his character. He’s 22 years old and he knows what he’s doing.

If he wasn’t willing to Truly compete for the starting job all year and accept the fact that he might get beat out then he should have transferred after Spring Camp…He could have found another team that he could be playing at right now and been the BMOC at some directional college. Hunter Johnson might has stayed and Trevor Lawrence would have gotten a lot more reps.

He didn’t get fired. He just lost the right to walk out on the field first and claim the title of “Staring QB”..He would have played probably 30-40% of the snaps to continue to develop his throwing skills with one of the most talented WR’s units in the nation that could actually catch his bad throws.

He could have been a hero in a support role and the fans would have loved him for been the type of man that supports his family in the way a man should have done. His NFL stock is as high as it it ever going to be and all he has done is hurt his image for the next level IMO. As Jesse Palmer said yesterday, he was benched in his Senior year and was still drafted 4th round…the NFL will find the talent if you have it.

Most coaches that leave a program of their own decision at least will wait until the end of the season before taking another job.

Bottom line is Kelly Bryant abandon his team. Plain and simple. They needed his leadership and maturity. He had so much to add to this program on the sidelines in a support role and he literally crapped on his teammates.

When the NFL doesn’t work out, he has lost the connection to a School and a network of people that could offer him quality employment due to his Clemson ties and support….Hard to offer a job to a guy that will walk out on your family.

Signature 

Posted: 28 September 2018 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

You are so right on many points.

I agree I think he is soft and made a rash emotional decision because he got his feelings hurt or something.  I could accept it more if he had put in a statement through Clemson, but the fact that he just skipped practice and gave a flaming statement to the greenville news crying it wasn’t fair and it was a slap in the face makes me lose all respect for him.  Put out a statement that you were thankful for your time here, thankful for the opportunity but this was something you felt you needed to do to better your career and life and it would of been a total non issue.  He will graduate in December I think so it would be like any other senior we’ve had leave a bit early to play their last year somewhere else.  Instead he chooses to burn bridges on his way out of town, that is what is going to hurt him moving forward.  He won’t be able to come back to Clemson and get standing ovations, or rely on those relationships/handshakes he tried to establish here to leverage later in life.  He’s going to be forever the QB who quit and that is the sad truth to it.

His statements about he didn’t do anything wrong to lose his job were skewed a bit.  He didn’t do anything wrong, but that doesn’t just guarantee you the job especially if someone is doing better than you.  He sounded entitled and the way he left, he acted entitled.

It’s ironic, all his complaints and crying while leaving and he’s just going to do that to someone else at another school.  You’ve put in all this time and effort here at Clemson and leave when you face some adversity and find it unfair, yet you are transferring out into a program where it’s likely you will be bumping a seasoned guy who has put in his time and effort into that program out of a job.  Hilarious.

#notmyQB #quitter.

I just hope this noise doesn’t hurt the team Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPr6mAba85s&feature=youtu.be

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 10 October 2018 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

Kelly Bryant to visit North Carolina.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 11 October 2018 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Ancient Orange - 10 October 2018 10:21 PM

Kelly Bryant to visit North Carolina.

I was going to start a thread on this but you saved me the time…LOL.  No offense to UNC, but Kelly Bryant to UNC is a head scratcher.  I think KB would quickly find out that the superior talent of Offensive linemen, Wide Receivers, RB’s and TE’s had a lot to do with with KB looking as good as he did.  Also, Clemson will play UNC at Chapel Hill next year and KB will be facing teammates he walked out on….

I could see him going to a place like Auburn that has talent around him.  Perhaps he thinks if he goes to a place where feels he is the most talented player on the feel he will look great…

I guess one thing about UNC is it keeps him closer to home and maybe that goes into part of his decision.  That would be a stupid reason.  If he his going to take such a risk, he needs to be willing to go anywhere that could give him what he is looking for.  It will be interesting to where KB ends up.

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2018 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Yawn.  To bad we won’t have this Dline playing against him.  Brent Venables should easily be able to plan for his tendencies.  I mean it’s easy, he won’t throw downfield.

Auburn is to tough for him.  There may be a chance of competition there, he won’t sniff that.  He wants it easy and to be hand fed.  He doesn’t want to fight for it or truly earn it.

If he goes to UNC that will fully seal the deal for a lot of Clemson fans who were on the fence about liking him.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 11 October 2018 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

.....To bad we won’t have this Dline playing against him.  Brent Venables should easily be able to plan for his tendencies.  I mean it’s easy, he won’t throw downfiel

Very True…If he can’t throw downfield with the WR’s we have what makes him think he will fare better at UNC?  He needs to go to a place like Arkansas where Chad Morris can develop him or even Washington State where he will throw 70 passes per game.

With that said, I do think KB can help UNC.  He’s no Mitch Trubisky, but would be a heck of an upgrade and would give Fedora a chance to recruit or poach another QB than can be developed

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2018 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Visiting Arkansas after UNC, figured that.  Also been courted by Louisville.  I’m telling you he better go somewhere EMPTY at QB otherwise he will never hear the end of it and will for sure be a quitter.  He better go in somewhere and secure the start as well.  This decision could easily backfire.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 11 October 2018 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

I think Lousiville might be a good match because they have bad QB play and are use to a runner.  UNC could follow the Marquise Williams model to fit KB’s skills. 

I think his biggest misstep is not realizing that our WR’s are much better than anywhere else he will go.  Miami or FSU might have decent WR’s and have QB problems…. Maybe Florida too. 

Yea I got lazy and didn’t want to start a new thread.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

2 of 3