ACC power rankings weak 4
Posted: 24 September 2018 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4219
Joined  2011-02-04

(You see what I did there?) it was a “weak” performance this week.

1 Clemson- it’s unfortunate, but Clemson’s 2 best opponents this year might just be 2 middling teams out of the SEC.

2 Duke- they’ve been the lone good surprise in the ACC.

3 Miami- in most years the embarrassment to open the season would keep them a bit lower. They may have a change of QB going forward with N’Koski Perry playing well.

4 SU- beat a horrible UConn team like a drum.

5 NCSU- I think they dodged a bullet not having to play UCF last week. They take the road win at Marshall and remain undefeated.

6 UVA- their acquisition of Bronco Mendenhall was a coup at the time and right now it’s looking like it’s starting to payoff.

7 BC- I was high on BC up until they no showed against a horrid Purdue team.

8 VT- layed the biggest turd this week and probably all season.

9 Wake- their lack of defense was a big surprise. I hope they keep it up.

10 UNC- getting back 1/6 of your team seemed to help them by beating Pitt.

11 Pitt- lost a close one to UNC after beating GT the week before.

12 FSU- the offense actually looked good at times against a supposedly stout D. A faint glimmer of hope remains.

13 GT- they are reeling with 3 losses in a row, but at least 2 of these look like to good teams. It get’s a bit easier from here until they play UGA.

14 UL- I did not expect the offense to look this bad post Lamar Jackson. The game against FSU this coming week may be the only winnable game left.

Posted: 25 September 2018 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4611
Joined  2013-01-17

Clemson is head and shoulders above right now.  QB changes might give VT or Miami some more firepower. 

I fully expected UL to be terrible.  Old neck brace has done nothing in the last 2 years to prep for Jackson’s departure.  I didn’t expect UVA to blow them out but maybe that’s telling more about Bronco finally making progress than anything.  UL’s best shot was 2016 when they were good on both sides of the ball.  If they hadn’t choked away a game to Houston and Kentucky they could have made history but Tom Herman blew them out and they had no motivation to beat the Cats as the playoffs were gone.  Defense has degraded every year and offense became more and more centered around LJ.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions