Clemson vs Wake
Posted: 06 October 2018 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12403
Joined  2008-10-29

Dixon with another 50+ yard TD

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 06 October 2018 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4408
Joined  2013-01-17

Why is the hell did we put Hunter Renfrow when Brice needs reps?

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 06 October 2018 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12403
Joined  2008-10-29

For the memes

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 06 October 2018 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5543
Joined  2009-09-09

I am visiting relatives this weekend which is damn inconvenient as it is rally interfering with football chat.  Defense was insane and offensive run game is solid and deep.  This is important to lean on as Tre veor Lawrence still needs a few series to get the feel for the game…..He was hanging on the ball too long and took some unneeded sacks.  All in all great game and good to have a much needed break next week,

Signature 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Posted: 06 October 2018 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

I was in the woods for about half the game so I missed a lot but I did see Trevor take a sack when his check down (I think ETN) was wide open 7 yards down field.  He’ll get better at those.

It sounds like we killed TL’s YPA by throwing a lot of screens early.  We have the skill guys, just throw the damn ball down field.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 07 October 2018 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Ancient Orange - 06 October 2018 08:08 PM

I was in the woods for about half the game so I missed a lot but I did see Trevor take a sack when his check down (I think ETN) was wide open 7 yards down field.  He’ll get better at those.

It sounds like we killed TL’s YPA by throwing a lot of screens early.  We have the skill guys, just throw the damn ball down field.

I haven’t re-watched the game, but from what I recall, Wake was in Tampa 2 coverage with 2 safeties so they were keeping the deep routes covered as well has deep middle routes which made the lateral game and running game so effective. 

This is a good year to have this running capability to allow TL and CB to NOT have to carry the load on their backs.

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2018 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

Even if they a playing cover 2 or tampa 2 it doesn’t mean we should hamstring ourselves with passive playcalling. 

It took us until our 6th possession to put a drive together. We punted or fumbled and ETN broke a single 59 yard TD pass in the first 5 possessions.  We only had a few sustained plays all game.  They were limited due to the explosive plays ending drives early but I still think we need to get better at moving the sticks.  We have one of the best skill groups in the nation and we should be able to consistently move the ball.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 07 October 2018 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Ancient Orange - 07 October 2018 09:45 AM

Even if they a playing cover 2 or tampa 2 it doesn’t mean we should hamstring ourselves with passive playcalling. 

It took us until our 6th possession to put a drive together. We punted or fumbled and ETN broke a single 59 yard TD pass in the first 5 possessions.  We only had a few sustained plays all game.  They were limited due to the explosive plays ending drives early but I still think we need to get better at moving the sticks.  We have one of the best skill groups in the nation and we should be able to consistently move the ball.

This was TL’s first full start and as talented as he is, we are still talking about an 18 y/o true freshman that just got his bell rung the week before.  Having this great running attack is a great luxury to allow TL to settle in.  A week off is a good time to get all of the first team reps for a few weeks, look at a lot of film on NC State, which is a team that always scares me, and prepare for the second half of the season.

We absolutely need to continue stretching the field, but it has been damn fun to watch this insane rushing attack come out.  I am not so sure that we would have fully realized how the running game can take over a game if circumstances had not played out the way they have.

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2018 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

I think we will continue to lean on the run game the rest of the season.  I think all of our RB’s are scary and ETN terrifies DC’s on our schedule.  However our WR’s are deadly too and a constant threat.  If TL is comfortable throwing down field more and better at adjusting to pocket pressure we will be a tough out in the playoffs.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

2 of 2

‹‹ Week 6 Discussion     VT vs ND ››