SPS Message Board CFP Poll 10.8.2018
Posted: 08 October 2018 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5376
Joined  2009-09-09

Okay, it’s the halfway point…who do you have as your top 4?  Let’s have 2 “last out” and what ever “in the hunts” you see..Use what ever criteria works for you.

1. Alabama
2. UGa
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State

Last 2 Out:

Notre Dame
West Virginia

In The Hunt:

Penn State
UCF
Texas
Colorado
Michigan

Those teams I have “in the hunt” need a lot of help as the top 6 Teams I have listed are very likely to have 4 of these 6 still in good shape when the season ends.  I don’t see Colorado or WVU running the table but it would be interesting if they did.

The AAC actually has a number of teams playing really good right now that could beat half of the school in the P5 conferences that would include knocking off some of the better programs potentially.  Unfortunately they will be left out again and I would expect a few of those schools like UCF and USF to continue trying to get into the Big 12 if they keep getting left out.

Signature 

Pirates function as a team. There were a lot of castes and classes in England at the time. But with pirates, it didn’t matter if you were black, white, rich or poor. The object was to get a treasure. If the captain did a bad job, you could just overthrow him.

— Mike Leach

Posted: 08 October 2018 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  920
Joined  2011-04-22

Irrelevant now since it will play itself out, but I’d probably have Georgia as the odd team out among the Top 5 that has separated itself a bit at this point. If I’m seeding, I’d probably go Ohio State, Notre Dame, Alabama, Clemson based on resume. Again, just semantics at this point. ND’s schedule is about to weaken, and Alabama’s will ratchet up in November. And at least a couple of these teams are obviously going to lose.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 08 October 2018 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
MattSmith - 08 October 2018 12:44 PM

Irrelevant now since it will play itself out, but I’d probably have Georgia as the odd team out among the Top 5 that has separated itself a bit at this point. If I’m seeding, I’d probably go Ohio State, Notre Dame, Alabama, Clemson based on resume. Again, just semantics at this point. ND’s schedule is about to weaken, and Alabama’s will ratchet up in November. And at least a couple of these teams are obviously going to lose.

Next time I’ll post “For Entertainment Purposes Only” For Matt!..Ha Ha

You media types do this stuff all the time to create a story..why shouldn’t we be any different?

Signature 

Pirates function as a team. There were a lot of castes and classes in England at the time. But with pirates, it didn’t matter if you were black, white, rich or poor. The object was to get a treasure. If the captain did a bad job, you could just overthrow him.

— Mike Leach

Posted: 08 October 2018 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  920
Joined  2011-04-22
CU_Tigers4life - 08 October 2018 12:53 PM
MattSmith - 08 October 2018 12:44 PM

Next time I’ll post “For Entertainment Purposes Only” For Matt!..Ha Ha

You media types do this stuff all the time to create a story..why shouldn’t we be any different?

Haha, that’s fair, but I don’t deal in unprecedented hypotheticals like having five P5 teams unbeaten going into Championship Saturday like many others in the media like to do at this time of the season. By Dec. 2, everyone ranked No. 5 or lower will have at least one crappy performance to point to as why they’re not in the playoff.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 08 October 2018 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

I don’t deal in unprecedented hypotheticals like having five P5 teams unbeaten going into Championship Saturday like many others in the media like to do at this time of the season

No you don’t….But with the way the media likes to create such pre-season hype for certain program you would thing 6 teams will be be undefeated at the end of the year.

I do think one of these years we could end up with a wild situation, due in part to weak schedule and dumb luck, where 2-3 teams could end up undefeated creating an interesting situation.

Clemson and Notre Dame “Should” go undefeated because both are pretty good and not a lot of land mines left on the schedule…I will say NC State always scares me and we don’t know what the have since WVU and them cancelled.

Speaking of WVU, I just can’t see them beating Texas, OU, TCU and OK STate And having to beat one of these teams a second time in the conference title game.

Colorado isn’t going to run the table…

I guess where I am going with this is that certain teams will be a lock even with one loss like Alabama or UGA..the SEC will get a one loss team in if it came to that and we have already seen 2 teams get in from that league.  The Big 10 will get a one-loss team in..

IMO, you still have 2 bids that are open for grabs and there could be 3 undefeated teams and that is where it gets interesting.

Notre Dame needs to be left out because they didn’t play a 13th game, but there is no way ND get left out…Too much much and influence and I do believe they is a degree of collusion when it comes to TV money and fans traveling to see games.  If there is one seat left and it’s ND or Clemson and they are both undefeated I have no doubt that the Irish get picked over Clemson.

That, Matt, is why we have these silly discussions to guess how it will play out!

Signature 

— Mike Leach

Posted: 08 October 2018 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4055
Joined  2011-02-04

I’ll play, I’m using my gut and eye test rather than schedule.

1 Alabama
2 ND
3 Ohio State
4 Clemson

5 UGA
6 UCF