1 of 3
Trump About To Take On “Anchor Babies”
Posted: 30 October 2018 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5479
Joined  2009-09-09

Trump campaigned on this and thanks to the Migrant Herd coming up, this has provided a forum to reignite this discussion.

I have been reading up on the 14th Amendment and it’s original intent. It’s pretty clear that the that this was originally intended to protect freed slaves and their off spring and not to provide illegal aliens a way to get into the country.

It appears this has never been challenge by the Supreme Court which is interesting.

I assume Trumps’s going to issue an Executive Order and the Democrats with file an injunction in the 9th Circuit and it will go to the US Supreme Court where it will most like be ruled in favor with Trump and then all hell will break loose.

Signature 

Pirates function as a team. There were a lot of castes and classes in England at the time. But with pirates, it didn’t matter if you were black, white, rich or poor. The object was to get a treasure. If the captain did a bad job, you could just overthrow him.

— Mike Leach

Posted: 30 October 2018 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3520
Joined  2009-01-07

Exactly right on the history   - the under the jurisdiction thereof is an important part and early Cort decisions support your interpretation. It wasn’t until the 1900s that Native Americans were granted citizenship vis legislation because they were subject to other jurisdiction.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 31 October 2018 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

I don’t want to see the law revoked, but I do think SCOTUS needs to take a look at it to clarify what it means.

Jacob Howard, one of the principle architects of this amendment was pretty clear in it’s original intent:

..“Every person born within the limits of the United State, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the government of the United States, but will include every other class of person”

It really doesn’t get much clear than that.

Should this go to SCOUTUS and they rule in favor of “Anchor Babies” being unconstitutional, Congress and the President would have to do some type of Grandfather clause to recognize everyone in the past that benefited from this.  They can have their citizenship revoked.

Signature 

Pirates function as a team. There were a lot of castes and classes in England at the time. But with pirates, it didn’t matter if you were black, white, rich or poor. The object was to get a treasure. If the captain did a bad job, you could just overthrow him.

— Mike Leach

Posted: 31 October 2018 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7979
Joined  2008-10-29

Ummm they already have…100 years ago.

Amazing how your supposed love for the text of the constitution and it’s literal meaning evaporates when your hero tells you something to get mad about. I thought y’all hated executive orders too…I guess it’s like your hatred of deficits and debt. Weird how that all goes away when your team is in power.

He isn’t gonna do a damn thing…just throwing out red meat for the “poorly educated” after all he does love them. Weird how these “issues” show up at convenient times. So weird.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 01 November 2018 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Simple question which will not get a simple answer from you: 

Was the 14th Amendment designed to protect free slaves and their offspring or was it designed to get a short cut to citizenship for illegal aliens and non-American citizens to enter the country for the sole purpose of having a baby that will instantly become an American Citizen?

The reason we have a Supreme Court is to interpret and uphold the Constitution.  I am by no means a lawyer or a Constitution scholar, and it may surprise even you for me to say that as I understand the wording in Section 1:

.....All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof…

IMO this is the hook that that keep the law unchanged.  Even illegals are subject to the jurisdiction of US laws if I understand what this means and even a Conservation SCOTUS would probably agree.

All I am tossing out there is was what is happening now what the architects of this Amendment intended? 

I personally don’t think this can be changed without Amending the Constitution…

With that said, all sides uses legally trickery and the courts that will have a relaxed interpretation of the Constitution.  Now that the Court appears to be a solid 5-4 and if RBG retires while Trump is President and the GOP hold the Senate it will become a 6-3 court…The Democrats have already started the ground work to expand the Supreme Court to as large of a number as needed to gain a majority if the gain power.

As I say, it’s the world we live in and not the one we wished it was.

Signature 

— Mike Leach

Posted: 01 November 2018 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Was the second amendment designed for militia members? Seems simple enough to me…

So much for the textualists…

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2018 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 01 November 2018 08:43 PM

Was the second amendment designed for militia members? Seems simple enough to me…

So much for the textualists…

as usual, change the issue..get back with me when you wish to stay with the 14th

Signature 

— Mike Leach

Posted: 01 November 2018 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Didn’t change anything…made a point. Get back to me when you get it…as usual.

Signature 

Posted: 02 November 2018 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Let me ask you a question and it is not a trap..promise.  DO you take the position that many do that the Constitution is a “living, breathing” document or do you think this letter of the wording should apply?

I actually revisited the term “militia” since you decided to use a different amendment rather than stick to the 14th and I know I am chasing one of your rabbits you like to do in order do avoid the main topic….

As I see, militias were pretty much any able person (usually males old enough to fire a weapon)...I have read various things such as white males between 18-45, I have read where women and children serve so I take it as pretty much any citizen is militia in a time of crisis.  When a call for help for volunteers today to help out in times of crisis such as hurricanes or other disasters, would you call those volunteers that are just help that are not the Military, Fema or some other paid for entity but volunteers militia?  A militia doesn’t just have to just bear arms, but can be a group of citizens pulling together to aid in a special cause.

You won’t agree and most certainly will insult and like my last question will not directly answer this post…

I absolutely feel that every effort should be made to interpret the Constitution verbatim.  We have over 200 years of analysis of the early Amendments to understand the intent…Meanings of words change…If I called you gay 100 years ago that would have meant you are a happy person..now that would mean something very different.  That’s why we have a Supreme Court.  There job should be to uphold the original intent of these laws.  Unfortunately we live in a time where Justices are looking for a way to change the meaning of certain laws follow their personal agenda….Like Roberts did when he called Obamacare a “tax” where it clearly wasn’t…

Signature 

— Mike Leach

Posted: 02 November 2018 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07

No

Signature 

Posted: 02 November 2018 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Curggr - 02 November 2018 01:18 PM

No

Text:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Since this has moved into the second amendment I’ll expand.  You can’t have a “well regulated militia” unless you have citizens to be in that militia and if you don’t allow those citizens to bear arms.

I hope we can get back to the 14th Amendment and immigration at some point.

Signature 

— Mike Leach

Posted: 02 November 2018 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Ahh Curggr, what would you know about militias…we already have established you run when called and let others do the work. Feel free to run away again. Those of us that actually have served can take this one. As a militia member myself I’m so glad I have to bring my F-15 and my anti aircraft artilery to work. I mean words matter right? Let’s get back to the original intent right? How dare they prevent me from owning an SA- 18!!!!

How bout instead of all this nonsense, we get back to things that matter and not wedge issues that the bigoted and hateful members of your team drive to get the “poorly educated” out to stop brown people and women from getting elected. People who are a thousand miles away and simply looking for a better life…you know like your ancestors who did the same? THEY ARE PRIORITY NUMBER 1…curiously a week before Election Day and then will disappear. Weird.

I love how you guys claim you are such constitutional textualists and how words matter and then just discount the word militia, or the entire 14th amendment because you start claiming it’s origins for being.

Must be nice to discount your own arguments literally within the same thread. The 14th amendment is clear…and not debated by anyone and even Trump knows it. Too bad the people in his audience don’t. I think it is because they are “real” Americans. I guess they just like being lied to. Remember when the truth mattered? That was awesome. So glad I’m not a “real” one. So glad the majority of Americans are with me. It’s nice to be on the good side with the other not “real” Americans.

Signature 

Posted: 02 November 2018 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07

Big mouth chump.

Signature 

Posted: 03 November 2018 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Yeah, that’s about what I would expect for a response..Sorry about the bone spurs…but you like people who weren’t captured right??? Was VD in Manhattan your Vietnam also?

Bye bye…

Signature 

Posted: 03 November 2018 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

I just wonder if this clown talks to people like this in his normal life?  I seriously doubt it.  Something has really put a bug up his ass so far that he has to go after people in such a person manner.

Signature 

— Mike Leach

Posted: 03 November 2018 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Nah, no bug. Just like pointing out the dumb shit you say every time you try to get political. I surround myself with better people than either of you so it isn’t a problem. Clowns are your territory…you know, the one you two voted for that says stupid things every time he speaks?

If only you weren’t dumb enough to snap up whatever snake oil he is selling at the moment.

Signature 

1 of 3