The dumpster fire in Louisville
Posted: 07 November 2018 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4115
Joined  2011-02-04

In case you missed it because of UL’s irrelevancy, 2 players recently submitted their paperwork to transfer and rumor has it that 20 others are requesting papers (not signed).

Posted: 07 November 2018 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4294
Joined  2013-01-17

Well that forces the hand for the admins.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 07 November 2018 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12278
Joined  2008-10-29

What i don’t understand is how they didn’t see this coming.  They should of known after Lamar Jackson it was over.  They were mediocre with him, how did they expect to survive without him?

What’s even worse for them is the decommits starting.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 07 November 2018 11:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4294
Joined  2013-01-17

I think because Jawon Pass was a decently highly rated QB and a Junior.  https://247sports.com/Player/Jawon-Pass-33473/ 

Maybe they should have let him play more last year….

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 08 November 2018 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5479
Joined  2009-09-09

The more I read about this the worse this situation is.  From what I am reading and hearing, Louisville is hurting so bad financially that they can’t afford to pay off Petrino and bring in the type of coach needed to turn the program around.  No quality coach is going to take this job without a significant salary.

The real question is can they afford to “not” clean house for the long term?

There has to be some boosters with deep pockets that can step up and help out.

Signature 

Pirates function as a team. There were a lot of castes and classes in England at the time. But with pirates, it didn’t matter if you were black, white, rich or poor. The object was to get a treasure. If the captain did a bad job, you could just overthrow him.

— Mike Leach

Posted: 08 November 2018 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Once the Papa Johns drama happened, it was all downhill from there especially money wise.

They better start looking for the next Chad Morris or Lincoln Riley.  Small time coach that wants to come up from high school or a small school.  Not paid very much but can do something.  Wonder how much Neal Brown from Troy would cost?  He’s making almost $1mil in the Sun Belt at Troy now, that may be to expensive for Louisville.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 08 November 2018 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Also, they really can’t afford not to do something.  No one will attend games next year, that could cost them more than some sort of deal or buyout would.  Add in every other detail of fans not being there and it could get REAL ugly really fast.  Losing players, losing recruits, you have to do something.

Pair this with Kentucky slowly clawing it’s way to the forefront and you have incredible pressure on the Louisville admin right now.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 08 November 2018 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Also, what quality coach would want to come in to that hot pile of mess in a division with Clemson and FSU (who will be back) along with solid mid level programs like Syracuse, NC State and BC?

I think someone “good” with a little baggage my get a look like Greg Sciano maybe…I doubt a guy like Lane Kiffen or Mike Leach would even consider a job like this one.

Signature 

Pirates function as a team. There were a lot of castes and classes in England at the time. But with pirates, it didn’t matter if you were black, white, rich or poor. The object was to get a treasure. If the captain did a bad job, you could just overthrow him.

— Mike Leach

Posted: 08 November 2018 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-04

Early on I’ve read UL seems cash strapped, but it has not seemed like an issue for the past 3-4 weeks. They’ll find a way.

Posted: 12 November 2018 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Well, now that Petrino is gone, this thread can now evolve into who is going to come in and resurrect this hot mess?  Everything I am reading says there is serious turmoil in Louisville and they need to get a new HC in place to hit the recruiting lanes as is a real mess from what I have been reading.

I’m guessing they have already got a man ready to take over to fire Petrino with 2 games left.

Thoughts?

Signature 

— Mike Leach

Posted: 12 November 2018 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-04

It’s Jeff Brohm or bust.

Posted: 12 November 2018 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Problem is, everything i’ve seen have Brohm saying he’s not interested.  Could just be coach talk to get through the season, but it very well could be true.  Is Louisville a lateral job to Purdue?  Who will pay more?  Is he happy where he is?

Not everyone wants to rush home to their hometown.  Or to a former job.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 12 November 2018 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-04

He was the OC under Steve Kragthorpe, but was the scape goat when things went bad. It’s a new AD, Brohm is a Louisville man to the core. We could speculate on the #2 choice, Matt Campbell from ISU.

Posted: 17 November 2018 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3883
Joined  2008-10-29

Louisville was sure they wanted a new coach, and it was smart to get out ahead of it. UNC did this to get Butch Davis. They fired John Bunting, but let him coach out if he wanted to. He did, and then retired. Everyone knows how Davis turned out, but the premise of the decision was not bad. If Louisville knows who they want, it is fine. If they do not, it was stupid.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!