6 of 6
Clemson vs BC
Posted: 11 November 2018 01:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12515
Joined  2008-10-29

http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/bc-qb-anthony-brown-hospitalized-big-hit-clemson/472479

Also, Duke game set for 7pm kick.  Night game in Death Valley!

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 11 November 2018 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6010
Joined  2009-09-09

When Boston College has a good team they can be scary.  One thing that has always been a constant is on the defensive side of the ball, they recruit very smart kids they plays hard, with discipline and will give you everything they have.  They did a good job keeping this game close for a while, but Clemson’s Defensive pitched a shutout with special teams being the only score for BC.

BC’s Defensive coordinator found some weakness with those outside blitz’s that was giving Trevor Lawrence some problems.  I thought Tony Elliot and Jeff Scott were a little late in making the adjustments, but they finally did and it worked.  Now that we have nearly a season of games played, coordinators have much more film to study and find weaknesses to exploit which makes this time of the year more challenging.

Speaking of Trevor Lawrence, I thought he played pretty well considering his age, first start on the road in the North….I also think Kirk Herbstriet was correct in his assessment of Trevor Lawrence late in the game about some of his decision making.  I personally thought he got a little sloppy and lazy in some of his late throws.  The Int he threw was just a bad decision that should not have been made. 

My single biggest issue was I don’t think they need to run Trevor Lawrence as much as they did last night.  This kid is not a running QB and the game was not in the type of Jeopardy that we needed to risk him to a collision injury like he had earlier this year. With the RB’s we have I think we could have leaned on them a little more at times.

Glad we finally have a night game at the Valley next week against Duke.  Another undefeated season is starting to look like a real possibility.  I still don’t think there is a mulligan for us if we drop a game.

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 11 November 2018 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4546
Joined  2013-01-17

I was frustrated with running Trevor so much in down & distance that didn’t really make sense.  The situation never called for it, except maybe at the goal line, and it was an unnecessary risk against a swarming defense. 

I don’t think Duke or USCjr have much of a shot. Neither have showed much potential.  Duke is +8 in PPG but only +15 in yards allowed/gained.  USCjr is only +2 in ppg and -8 in yards allowed/gained.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

6 of 6