White House re-nominates two conservative California judges To 9th Circuit
Posted: 31 January 2019 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6087
Joined  2009-09-09

The President just infuriated Powerful California Democratic leaders such as Kamala Harris and Dianne Feinstein with these announcements. The 9th Circuit is historically “liberal” and frequently gets overturned on appeal, but traditionally it keeps the same type of justices.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harris-feinstein-fume-after-white-house-re-nominates-two-conservative-california-judges

I’m sure Trump is doing this in retaliation to Pelosi not giving him wall funding.  The courts is Trumps on major bargaining chip for the next 2 years as long as the Senate stays Republican he can stack the courts.

Perhaps Trump can obtain funding for the wall from the same source that President Obama got the 1.5 Billion in cash to give to the Iranians. That money didn’t go through Congress either.

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 31 January 2019 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8451
Joined  2008-10-29

Ah yes, the old Hannity talking point…
9th circuit is “liberal” and gets overturned the most. If only if it were true. In fact it is some of your buddies that get overturned the most…do you ever get tired of repeating bullshit?

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/feb/10/sean-hannity/no-9th-circuit-isnt-most-overturned-court-country-/

But yes, good idea to antagonize the people who will be judging him when he is on trial. Definitely the way to get your “wall” that you will never get and Mexico will never pay for.

BTW the money given to Iran was Iran’s payment from the 70s for weapons. Cheap for stopping their nuclear project. Money well spent. I do love how all you constitutional “scholars” seem to forget your principles when it’s your guy. I already knew you were frauds. Why do you keep telling me?

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 01 February 2019 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

BTW the money given to Iran was Iran’s payment from the 70s for weapons. Cheap for stopping their nuclear project. Money well spent. I do love how all you constitutional “scholars” seem to forget your principles when it’s your guy. I already knew you were frauds. Why do you keep telling me?

I’m not questioning the reasons for spending the money.  That’s a different issue.  I’m just saying that this money came from some type of slush fund that didn’t require congressional approval unless you hs some intel to share.

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 01 February 2019 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Okay…and I’m pointing out how you guys freaked out about executive overreach and now you want your guy to do it.

Kinda like freaking out over emails, and then silence as your boy divulges classified info to Russians in a meeting where Americans aren’t present…but Russian media is. Or how it’s okay to trash law enforcement and our intelligence services when your boy does it to protect and cover his own skin, but criticize them for shooting black kids or getting Iraq wrong and gasp…

Must be fun to have such fungible principles.

Signature 

Posted: 01 February 2019 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

All I said was there is a slush fund apparently.

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 01 February 2019 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Anyway, back to topic…How do you like Corey Booker?

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 01 February 2019 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

No slush fund…there was a frozen account of Iranian payment from 40 years ago…rest assured your boy will take money from other agencies like the DoD and hurt other programs and people so he can please his chanting base.

How much you want to bet all your “constitutional” conservative judges you love so much change their positions when the case comes before them…I think it is because they are principled and not “activists”

Signature 

Posted: 01 February 2019 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

He’s fine. Not necessarily my favorite. I like people who have served in the military at least for a little bit if they are going to command it.

Hard to find nowadays.

Signature 

Posted: 04 February 2019 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 01 February 2019 02:50 PM

He’s fine. Not necessarily my favorite. I like people who have served in the military at least for a little bit if they are going to command it.

Hard to find nowadays.

I certainly think some prior service provides a unique perspective.  A military service member is certainly “wired” differently.  There’s also the role that the family play’s that gets overlooked.

Military service is not a litmus test for political choices, but it certainly will weigh into decisions I make.  I also look down upon any candidate that projects an anti-military point of view.  I’m not talking about the questioning of deployments.  Soldiers, sailors and airmen will do what they are told.  You can just tell when certain people don’t care for the military in general.  I would also look down on any that would want to cut any military spending that would affect readiness, reduce promotions/pay increases and take away any family support services. I’m not point fingers at anyone at this time.  This is a general sentiment. 

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 04 February 2019 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Got no problem with any of that. I don’t mind that Trump questioned the price of weapon systems either…but of course he never does anything the right way. He just bullies everyone. I also question the effectiveness of his questioning considering the fact that we now have a Boeing exec as SecDef. I think a lot of it is for show.

Signature 

Posted: 04 February 2019 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 04 February 2019 10:42 AM

Got no problem with any of that. I don’t mind that Trump questioned the price of weapon systems either…but of course he never does anything the right way. He just bullies everyone. I also question the effectiveness of his questioning considering the fact that we now have a Boeing exec as SecDef. I think a lot of it is for show.

I agree.  One of the ugly truths in politics is political appointments are often more of mutual back scratching than always picking the most qualified.  We could probably go through every Presidency and find such deeds.  People who make it to the highest level of government usually owes a lot of favors to the people that got them there.

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….