1 of 2
Deondre Francois Domestic Abuse
Posted: 02 February 2019 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4580
Joined  2013-01-17

Apparently I missed where he was accused about a week ago.  Now more stuff surfacing.  Potential domestic abuse with his pregnant GF. 

https://twitter.com/cfbtalkdaily/status/1091860242386817025?s=12 

I’m pretty sure Blackman already transferred and that QB recruit flipped to UNC when they hired Mack Brown.  Willie Taggart is going to get fired next year.  He might only have a RS FR JUCO kid next year and 3 complete no-names at QB.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 03 February 2019 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12554
Joined  2008-10-29

Don’t forget that whole mess with the lawsuits against Taggart and crew by the former Oregon player.

FSU is NOT in a good spot right now.  Domestic abuse is a huge taboo now in football, as it should be.  With all of the NFL guys getting caught doing it, it’s almost zero tolerance again as it should be.  If this is actually him, and he hit her he should be gone immediately if FSU wants to retain any sort of credibility.  They swept all the Winston stuff under the rug though so who knows.  Makes sense now why she would go to social media instead of the cops, they won’t do anything.

I will agree Taggart is on extremely thin ice.  Gonna be another disappointing year for FSU, especially with no QBs.

Oh and good job Frenchy, no NFL team will touch you with a 10ft pole now.  They’ve learned their lesson with this stuff.  Your career is done.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 03 February 2019 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6082
Joined  2009-09-09

I missed this story.  What a mess in Tally.  While I’m enjoy having the upper hand on the Nole’s in football this is not good for the overall health of the ACC.  This is certainly a cautionary tale of how an elite program can crash so quickly with just a few bad hires and recruits.

FSU is probably the 4th or 5th best football program in Florida at best.  As you said, Taggert must be on thin ice and probably anyone that had anything to do with his hire.  I usually don’t like to invoke race, but it seems that CWT’s skin color had more to do with his hire than accomplishments on the field.

I think any of us could easily rattle off 5-10 very well qualified coaches and assistants that could go into FSU and have that program turned around quickly (3-4 years).

Negative recruiting is going to consume FSU.  It’s too late to make a change now, but I suspect FSU won’t have another season like last year without making a change.  FSU fans have the Doak half empty just like when they help Bowden into retirement.

Clemson has now become the FSU of the 90’s and FSU has become the Clemson of the 90’s

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 03 February 2019 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3991
Joined  2008-10-29

Miami cashing in with portal transfers. FSU going backwards, although with all the bad stuff last year they finished way better than UNC.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 03 February 2019 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
UNC 98 - 03 February 2019 10:05 AM

Miami cashing in with portal transfers. FSU going backwards, although with all the bad stuff last year they finished way better than UNC.

That may be true, but Mack Brown is a better coach than CWT.  A good coach can make a team of lesser skilled players competitive.  I think Steve Addazio, Dino Babers and Mike Cutcliff are coaches in this league that will never have a team of Johnny 5 stars and they field competitive teams just about every year.

I’m really interest in what CMB going to put together at UNC.  It would be so amazing if they know of the U of SC in the opener.

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 03 February 2019 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4206
Joined  2011-02-04

James Blackman has not transferred. DF is addition by subtraction.

Posted: 03 February 2019 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

He gone.  Dismissed.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25915212/florida-state-dismisses-qb-deondre-francois-team

Blackman won’t transfer now, obviously.  His job, for free.  No work needed.  By the way FSU QB commits since 2013:

John Franklin (‘13) - transfer
JJ Cosentino (‘14) - retired
Deondre Francois (‘15) - dismissed
De’Andre Johnson (‘15) - dismissed
Malik Henry (‘16) - dismissed
Bailey Hockman (‘17) - transfer
James Blackman (‘17)

Both ‘15 commits punched women, just a little factoid.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 03 February 2019 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

So who exactly is left behind Blackman??

https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/status/1092124671976329216

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 03 February 2019 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-04
Clemtgrs - 03 February 2019 04:31 PM

So who exactly is left behind Blackman??

https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/status/1092124671976329216

Louisville transfer Jordan Travis is behind Blackman

Posted: 03 February 2019 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

A Louisville backup doesn’t bode well for the future.  Blackman can play but he’s nothing great.  If he didn’t add some weight he probably won’t make it through the season.

Signature 

Posted: 03 February 2019 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Not if they have the same Oline they’ve had the past few years.  Dude will get wrecked.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 04 February 2019 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

When was the last time you knew long before the season began than any FSU team was probably going to struggle to win 5-6 games?

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 04 February 2019 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-04

Other than QB depth, DF leaving should help FSU. JB actually has respect from his team mates and has shown leadership intangibles, DF had attitude problems. If JB was the number 2 QB it was not by much. He is a 13 game starter and performed well against NCSU. Him getting all the first team reps should help a lot. The o-line situation still looks bad, but FSU returns most of the starters (try not to laugh), some people from injury and transfers coming in from Juco, BC and NIU, maybe the patch work OL will suffice. JB also has 3 years to play. Kendall Briles is also a proven commodity as the OC and FSU also hired a good WRs coach Ron Dugans (from Miami).

The final verdict:
Year 2 has always been WTs big leap in the win column. I see no reason why FSU should not at least get to a bowl game.

Posted: 04 February 2019 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Garret:  Here’s the 2019 Schedule.  Where are the 6 wins coming from?  Do you think they can hit the 7-8 win mark?  That would really help CWT.  I don’t think back to back losing records would get him a third year

Aug. 31: Boise State (in Jacksonville)

Sept. 7: vs. Louisiana-Monroe

Sept. 14: at Virginia

Sept. 21: vs. Louisville

Sept. 28: vs. North Carolina State

Oct. 5: OFF

Oct. 12: at Clemson

Oct. 19: at Wake Forest

Oct. 26: vs. Syracuse

Nov. 2: vs. Miami

Nov. 9: at Boston College

Nov. 16: vs. Alabama State

Nov. 23: OFF

Nov. 30: at Florida

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 04 February 2019 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-04

Every game on FSUs schedule is winnable except Clemson. I do believe FSU will be better, but injuries at key positions can change things. I think FSU’s problems are a little over blown. There were struggles typical of a first year coaching changes compacted by a bad OL.

Posted: 05 February 2019 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

Apparently she’s backpedaling big time now.

Signature 

1 of 2