National Signing Day
Posted: 06 February 2019 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4206
Joined  2011-02-04

Looks like FSU brought in a solid class, though I don’t keep up with recruiting very much. 2 things of note:
- FSU commit Nick Cross has not yet signed his LOI. His dad is said to be holding things up and wants him to sign with PSU. A parent must sign with a 17 year old for legal reasons.
- FSU whiffed on QBs this class, signing 0 QBs for the second year in a row. Just 2 scholarship QBs on roster now.

A long with this class FSU has at least 3 players that has transferred in from other FBS programs, 2 of those on the OL. Having senior bodies stepping into a position of need will help tremendously in keeping slenderman (JB) safe.

Posted: 06 February 2019 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4546
Joined  2013-01-17

I think it was pretty quite for Clemson.  I heard we came it at #10.  I think most of ours were signed in the early period.  We lost out on 5* RB Jerrion Ealy who went back to Ole Miss but reports are that he likely goes pro with MLB anyway.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 06 February 2019 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12515
Joined  2008-10-29

In response to questions about the FSU not signing a QB problem Taggart said:  “We have a plan. I think a pretty good plan. I don’t necessarily want to discuss it right now.”

He has no plan.

I think we are looking pretty good at RB anyway, would of been a nice get but not something we really needed.  ETN, Feaster, and Dixon already there.  Was quiet like usual in Clemson.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 06 February 2019 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3977
Joined  2008-10-29

I’m very pleased with Mack Brown’s first class. Signed 5 today, and pretty much got every player they wanted for the late period. I love getting guys who folks thought might sign elsewhere. VT’s loss our gain, and he’s a good LB to boot. Brown said today between early period and today they pretty much covered all the positions he wanted. This class ended up around #32 or so. Not bad when you consider when Brown was hired like 2 weeks before early signing day UNC’s class was rated 91 on 247 sports. UNC got some guys over Auburn, USC and such. The DB from California was wanted by USC, Oregon, Washington… and he coming all the way to NC to play for Mack Brown. I’m very glad he came home to UNC.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 07 February 2019 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3685
Joined  2009-01-07
UNC 98 - 06 February 2019 11:06 PM

I’m very pleased with Mack Brown’s first class. Signed 5 today, and pretty much got every player they wanted for the late period. I love getting guys who folks thought might sign elsewhere. VT’s loss our gain, and he’s a good LB to boot. Brown said today between early period and today they pretty much covered all the positions he wanted. This class ended up around #32 or so. Not bad when you consider when Brown was hired like 2 weeks before early signing day UNC’s class was rated 91 on 247 sports. UNC got some guys over Auburn, USC and such. The DB from California was wanted by USC, Oregon, Washington… and he coming all the way to NC to play for Mack Brown. I’m very glad he came home to UNC.

That’s an impressive haul for Brown in such a short time. I really think he’ll get UNC turned around fairly quickly.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 07 February 2019 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6010
Joined  2009-09-09

FSU whiffed on QBs this class, signing 0 QBs for the second year in a row. Just 2 scholarship QBs on roster now.

FSU needs a QB.  This is a recipe for disaster.  Blackman has a high chance of getting injured with that O-Line.

To not recruit a QB at FSU when the need is so painfully obvious is unbelievable.  This used to be a QB factory.  CWT may have to look at the Juco’s or try to Poach a 5th year bench warmer at some other school.  I hate to keep busting on CWT, but I just don’t think this guy is ready for a major program like FSU.  This isn’t like dealing with mid-major athletes like he did as USF.  FSU is the big leagues and he’s not acting like a big league HC.

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 08 February 2019 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8405
Joined  2008-10-29

Can’t wait to see Brown lock NC back up the way he had it in the 90s. This was a good start for such a limited time. Most first classes are lost…

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)