1 of 5
Bill Maher’s Stirring things up
Posted: 25 February 2019 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6082
Joined  2009-09-09

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bill-maher-red-states-wish-they-were-us-2019-02-24

I don’t watch this provocateur. I came across this will surfing the various news online.  But he said some things about conservatives in “fly-over country” that is an example of these people being out of tough or probably more in the area of trying to stir shit up to make it stink. 

Here’s the the line that has riled people up:

‘The flyover states have become the passed over states. That’s why red state voters are so pissed off. They don’t hate us, they want to be us. They want to go to the party. It’s like we’re the British royal family, and they’re Meghan Markle’s dad.’

The sad thing is these liberal elitist actually believe this.  The hubris, the narcissism, the megalomania of these people is amazing.

As I said, Bill Maher is a provocateur.  But he also speaks for a lot of people that truly feel the way they do and will do anything to compel people under any means to conform to their ideology.  We all knows these types of people.  Attack, demean, marginalize but never actual discuss and debate is there plan of action.

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 25 February 2019 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4580
Joined  2013-01-17

I guess you fell for his trap then?

What’s the difference between what you said and trumps strategy? 

Us vs them.  Bill is doing it, trump is doing it, and here we are doing it.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 25 February 2019 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

I was speaking about Bill Maher and this comment.  I would be more than happy to discuss anything Trump if you would like to start a thread.  If I say it’s hot outside I’m sure I’ll hear because Trump is making global warming worse. 

It’s become a knee jerk response:

“Hey, there is a problem with <Insert Issue>”....

Typical Liberal Answer:  It’s Trump’s Fault…

Just like a broken record for those old enough to know how those work.

So…Do you have a response to Maher?

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 25 February 2019 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8442
Joined  2008-10-29

Instead of taking a line out of context why don’t you read his entire monologue. It was spot on and a warning to Democrats.

But you not understanding something and misreading the meaning? Lol that never happens huh Dr Strangelove.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 25 February 2019 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Cupcake, I did read the whole thing.  He screwed up a decent monologue to take a cheap shot.

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 25 February 2019 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Truth hurts…population trends confirm it. Sorry you don’t like it.

Feel free to move to South Dakota.

Signature 

Posted: 25 February 2019 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

I’ve been to South Dakota.  Nice and quite.  Rather enjoyed the place.  The People were friendly and very quiet.  It’s little too cold for me in the winter.  If I had to choose between that and what Maher suggest it’s a no brainer.

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 25 February 2019 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4580
Joined  2013-01-17

How am I supposed to respond to blanket criticism derived from a snippet of a speech of a media member (aka click bait attention whore, they all are)? 

First off he’s kinda a comedian so you can put too much weight on anything he says.  Second it’s a classic “they hate us cause they ain’t us” comment that is a common form of mockery.  To draw anything more than that from it is a reach imo.  You type this post like it’s an entire parties train of thought when it could purely be a joke from a talking head. 

Mountain of a mole hill fake outrage to me.

My reference to Trump was to give you some perspective.  Your last sentence was trumps play book but you found him fit for office, some dude on TV though he’s the one that is your solid proof of a corrupt party?  Ok bud

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 25 February 2019 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3991
Joined  2008-10-29

I live in a lively state that voted for Trump, and it will again. As for the article… he tries to advocate for middle America, but can not avoid insulting them, with his self congratulatory smile, I’m sure.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 25 February 2019 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Uh no it won’t…especially now that your teams vote harvesting has been exposed.
Weird all you voter fraud folks have been so silent on that one…

Anyhow the commentary was spot on. The plains are emptying of people…that’s a fact. Those that are left are increasingly resentful and bitter which is the base of the Republican Party. It’s brown people that are taking their jobs and making their shitty lives suck.
Hopefully CU can reverse the trend.

Signature 

Posted: 25 February 2019 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3991
Joined  2008-10-29

^ You take one case of one guy and throw it on an entire political party, like the Democrats at the state level in North Carolina have a sparkling clean history. Read up, because there’s a lot to learn.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 25 February 2019 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Lol, the only reading up needed is on your part as I’ve forgotten more about politics in this state than you have ever known.

Your party has been railing on non existent voter fraud as a way to surpress the vote. You even tried to amend the constitution because of a problem of which no evidence supported. Your boy Trumo ran a commission that had to be disbanded cause it was a fraud. Then in the SAME election you get caught red handed literally harvesting and filling in blank ballots. Where did all the people on your team disappear to?

Just another fraud evangelical preacher whose own son had to bust him lying, and your party tried to have him seated. Next we are gonna find out he is gay too. I can’t wait.

I suggest you get to reading, and then keep believing Trump will win again. Oh and btw did you see the judge said the assembly is illegally constituted due to gerrymandering…so much cheating…can you imagine supporting that? Oh yes…that’s right. You do.

Signature 

Posted: 26 February 2019 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

I suggest you get to reading, and then keep believing Trump will win again.

Based on the people that have declared and the ultra-left direction the party has moved, what candidate do you think can beat Trump? Are they going to run on these “free everything” platform? The New Green Deal? What candidate is going to break away? These young and stupid freshmen Congressional members are sucking the air out of the room with these grandiose schemes that only the young and stupid kids that have no life experience are buying into.  Unless the Democratic party unites and moves to more moderate positions Trump is going to destroy the Democrats.  When this party starts advocating killing post abortion babies that survived, policies that can’t possibly be paid for they requires transformations of our homes and cars that can possibly be done in 10 years you have a major disconnect with reality. AOC has this young disciples actually thinking the world is going to end in 10-12 years.

Trump is by no means a perfect or ideal candidate, but up against the current democratic field and the platform form they are moving to, can you honestly say you will support this?

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 26 February 2019 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Because you can’t run again from prison…well I guess you can but…

It’s amazing how much stock you put into freshman house reps. They are really powerful…if your news channel needs a boogeywoman that is.

Signature 

Posted: 26 February 2019 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 26 February 2019 09:18 AM

Because you can’t run again from prison…well I guess you can but…

It’s amazing how much stock you put into freshman house reps. They are really powerful…if your news channel needs a boogeywoman that is.

And it’s amazing how much stock you put in to Trump going to prison..I guess that makes us both delusional

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 26 February 2019 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Wanna bet? The offer is always on the table and I’ll be happy to take your money.

No? What a surprise.

Signature 

1 of 5