ACC Network coming out at a perfect time
Posted: 21 April 2019 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12542
Joined  2008-10-29

I’m still not sold in getting into bed with ESPN, especially for traditional TV for any long length of time however If the ACC could somehow manage to wrap up a Baseball title this year the ACCN will have a trifecta of hype coming into the launch.  When it debuts this year it will already have the Defending National Champion basketball and football teams on it.  Swofford has to be giddy.  Hope the service and programming can live up to it.

I’m a bit skeptical of the digital side going into it because it will basically be using the ESPN app, which is dated and not the best out there.  Wonder if fans in the state of SC will still get “This event has been blacked out in your area” messages when trying to watch something involving Clemson?

I’ll give it a chance though.  Hopefully we can have something a bit more solid than Paul Finebaum.

How is everyone planning on watching?  Included with your TV already?  Are you going to pay $45/month for Hulu live?  Other option?

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 21 April 2019 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3985
Joined  2008-10-29

Wes Durham and Mark Packer will be doing a show on the network, from Packer’s basement studio at his house. That’s what I heard on the radio, anyway. It will not be like Finebaum, but rather have guests, interviews, and little commentary. All the guests will be via digital hookup, as I doubt any will want to go to Packer’s home. As for content, there is a way they could do it, but will they? I do not have ESPN now, but will probably get it for the network.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 22 April 2019 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4563
Joined  2013-01-17

I don’t think carriers have all been fleshed out but I’ll trial YT this year and if that doesn’t work for me I’ll switch back to Hulu.  I liked it a lot more than sling.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions