Should The UGA-UF Game Become a Home and Home?
Posted: 31 May 2019 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6153
Joined  2009-09-09

I am not hung up on some traditions as much as I used to be.  I think when conference realignment occurred and so many old rivalries were lost things changed.

I wouldn’t mind the UGA-UF game being a Home and Home.  I like the college town atmosphere…Part of me is also not a big Jacksonville fan.  Neutral site games IMO should be for the onsies.  Also, colleges cannot bring recruits to those neutral site games as I understand.

I wouldn’t want the Clemson-So Car game moved to Atlanta or Charlotte as an example.

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 31 May 2019 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3775
Joined  2009-01-07

I’m okay with it where it is, but if I were UGA, I would prefer home and home because Jacksonville isn’t all that neutral.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 31 May 2019 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  954
Joined  2011-04-22

I like it in Jacksonville. It’s not a sterile atmosphere like some other games in NFL stadiums. I’d be OK with a rotation of 2 years in Jax, 2 years on campus.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 07 August 2019 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4221
Joined  2011-02-04

I talked to UGA fans about this several years ago and they seem to like the Jacksonville location.

Posted: 13 August 2019 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  502
Joined  2012-01-24

The game is locked in for Jacksonville until 2021. It is a huge recruiting game plus Jacksonville loves the money that is brought in by the fans of each school. They will pay big bucks to keep it there.