Unpopular Opinion: Syracuse
Posted: 01 June 2019 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12645
Joined  2008-10-29

My unpopular opinion is if they didn’t knock out our starting QBs the last 2 years the series wouldn’t be close.  I keep hearing them use the close games as a measuring stick failing to mention or realize our starting QBs have been knocked out of the game for a substantial amount of time the past 2 years.

While I think they very well could be the 2nd best team in the Atlantic yet again, I don’t think they are as close as they think to us.  Right now I think the score will be substantially different this year.  They may have a Clemson 2013 against FSU moment.  Big home game, hyped beyond belief, we thought we were close than we turned out to be and we got thoroughly whipped.  Be careful Syracuse, you may still have a ways to go, especially if Lawrence can play the whole game.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 01 June 2019 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4660
Joined  2013-01-17

I agree.  They get way too excited about it.  Particularly the KB year when Dabo wasted time with Cooper in the game. 

I think TA&M is the only team that can keep it close this year.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 07 August 2019 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4222
Joined  2011-02-04

They are not sneaking up on anybody this year. They will get a lot of teams best shot.