1 of 3
Rashida Tlaib Want Federal minimum Wage of 20.00 Per Hour
Posted: 23 July 2019 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6413
Joined  2009-09-09

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rashida-tlaib-the-federal-minimum-wage-should-be-dollar20-an-hour/ar-AAEIVxz

I linked MSN as the news source so it must be true…

This is the stuff that makes Trump getting re-elected so easy. 

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 23 July 2019 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3882
Joined  2009-01-07

Why stop there?

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 23 July 2019 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8704
Joined  2008-10-29

I think she should go back to her country…maybe she could get elected there.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 24 July 2019 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07

Maybe she could do better than her current 18% approval rating.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2019 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4046
Joined  2008-10-29

I guess these folks have no economists on staff. Dumb

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 24 July 2019 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
Curggr - 24 July 2019 10:34 AM

Really? Someone polled her district and she got an 18% approval rating?

Oh wait…it’s not a poll of her constituents? Yeah I figured.
Which country is she supposed to go back to again?

I thought you liked people who the majority of the country hated? Hell you like people who hang out with Jeffrey Epstein so sorry, you aren’t a very good judge of character.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2019 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
SoPinesHeel - 24 July 2019 12:00 PM
Curggr - 24 July 2019 10:34 AM

Really? Someone polled her district and she got an 18% approval rating?

Oh wait…it’s not a poll of her constituents? Yeah I figured.
Which country is she supposed to go back to again?

I thought you liked people who the majority of the country hated? Hell you like people who hang out with Jeffrey Epstein so sorry, you aren’t a very good judge of character.

Good! You’re back to how the government and our elections work- like the fact that Trump won a legitimate presidential election.

Not sure about her country to go back to - read the thread, you introduced it. I just went along with your statement.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2019 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Did he? None of the other presidents agree. I mean you tried to deny it was interfered with but hey we already know you don’t know what you are talking about.

You are definitely someone who goes along with things. We know you don’t do anything to guarantee or secure it. That’s for others to do for you. Must be the bone spurs.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2019 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
SoPinesHeel - 24 July 2019 03:53 PM

Did he? None of the other presidents agree. I mean you tried to deny it was interfered with but hey we already know you don’t know what you are talking about.

You are definitely someone who goes along with things. We know you don’t do anything to guarantee or secure it. That’s for others to do for you. Must be the bone spurs.

Yeah, Congress certified it in January of 2017.

I didn’t deny it was interfered with - I said wait and see what the evidence said. You would’ve been smart to heed that advice and maybe you wouldn’t have been so publicly wrong talking about the Trump collusion. According to you, he was going to be prosecuted and in jail by now. I think those qualify as not knowing what you’re talking about, yes?

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2019 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Curggr - 24 July 2019 04:19 PM

I didn’t deny it was interfered with - I said wait and see what the evidence said. You would’ve been smart to heed that advice and maybe you wouldn’t have been so publicly wrong talking about the Trump collusion. According to you, he was going to be prosecuted and in jail by now. I think those qualify as not knowing what you’re talking about, yes?

After watching the Mueller debacle today I think it’s safe to say impeachment is DOA and I’m sure Pines will have very little to say on his testimony today. Hell, he couldn’t even remember which President (Reagan) appointed him.  It’s clear that his was merely a figured head to this investigation.

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 24 July 2019 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Not just me dude, 100s of prosecutors…what would they know? But hey you are on the side of the dude obstructing justice and getting away with it because of a rule, not a law. Let’s see if you aren’t colluding, why are you obstructing? Just like Al Capone was just a tax evader. Good place to be. It shows your good judgement…yes?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/06/trump-obstruction-of-justice-charges-prosecutors-letter

As to Mueller, I was touring the cathedral at Ely today. I have no idea what he said, but I did hear the BBC news claim that Trump is very much still facing potential charges once he leaves office. So there’s that.

Congrats to your good judgement.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2019 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

As to Mueller, I was touring the cathedral at Ely today.

Beautiful structure…I hope you had a good time.

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 24 July 2019 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I did…but it was kind of a surprise. I just planned on checking it out and walking around, but we paid the 20 pounds to do the tour of the tower and I learned a lot of history from the Normans to the Protestant Reformation. A lot of history was lost when they started wiping all the paint and breaking all the stained glass that was from before the break from Rome. A lot of the original 14th century oak is still up there but they had a lot of fire sensors I noticed.

Funny enough they left all the gargoyles and demons on the exterior.

I was in Cambridge last night and saw a Pawleys Island T-shirt and a car with North Carolina tags and an Oak Island sticker. Small world.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2019 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
SoPinesHeel - 24 July 2019 05:35 PM

Not just me dude, 100s of prosecutors…what would they know? But hey you are on the side of the dude obstructing justice and getting away with it because of a rule, not a law. Let’s see if you aren’t colluding, why are you obstructing? Just like Al Capone was just a tax evader. Good place to be. It shows your good judgement…yes?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/06/trump-obstruction-of-justice-charges-prosecutors-letter

As to Mueller, I was touring the cathedral at Ely today. I have no idea what he said, but I did hear the BBC news claim that Trump is very much still facing potential charges once he leaves office. So there’s that.

Congrats to your good judgement.

Appeal to authority is a common logical fallacy. This whole thing has shown that a lot of people say a lot of things and can be wrong. What became of all the evidence of collusion Schiff said he had - as the chair of the intelligence committee?

COLLINS: At any time in the investigation, was your investigation curtailed or stopped or hindered?

MUELLER: No.

Great job of judgement you did quoting the debunked dossier. Excellent critical thinking too.

Signature 

Posted: 25 July 2019 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Bawhahahaha, I know you think if you just say words they might stick, but I suggest you try saying things that are true first. I know you want to substitute debunked for uncorroborated.  We know you have no military experience but that’s called Intelligence and why it often doesn’t rise to the level of admissible in court. What we do know is foreign intelligence services came to us and told us there was all kinds of smoke around the trump campaign. Surprise surprise, the campaign manager is in prison. Weird. But hey Trump’s son got away with trying to do it because Mueller thought he was ignorant of the law. I suggest you try breaking the law and use that defense. I don’t think you will find the same results. But hey no one is above the law right? Not.

Your boy is getting off on a technicality as is his dirtbag son…it goes away here in about a year. I know you are proud. Congrats!

Again, why try to obstruct if there is nothing to find?

SCHIFF: criminality or not is it patriotic or ethical to attempt to work with a foreign power?

MUELLER: “No”

Remember when that mattered to most of you? I don’t. Ronald Reagan would be so proud.
But hey, you are the critical thinker…lol.

Some reading material for you.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/07/24/robert-mueller-kneecaps-president-trumps-no-collusion-no-obstruction-mantra/?outputType=amp

Signature 

Posted: 25 July 2019 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2009-08-04

What happened to the original discussion point? $20 per hour Federal minimum wage? Tlaib will not have to pay this folks. Even if the $15 minimum wage passes, this is what is going to happen. Small businesses will either sharply reduce staff and/or cut hours. Large businesses will find the cost of doing business much less expensive outside of the US.What do I base my opinion on? I am a business owner. The costs of federal, state and unemployment taxes that the employer pays is already high. Increase a minimum wage and you then have to increase the wages of those with tenure. This domino effect will lead to a spike in unemployment or underemployment. This in turn will strain the social welfare systems.  This is a very serious issue and members of Congress, particularly the “squad”, are pandering to a base within their districts with these ill-thought proposals (or worse-well thought out on their part() to get the votes to remain in office.

1 of 3