South Florida @ GT

Texas A&M @ Clemson

UL Monroe @ FSU

North Carolina A&T @Duke

Eastern Kentucky @ Louisville

Miami @ North Carolina

Thoughts?

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 03 September 2019 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3825
Joined  2009-01-07

Some good ones on there. The UNC v Miami game is a big one in the Coastal. I’ll be interested to see how Louisville looks after a pretty good showing against ND. South Florida and GT both got blown out last week, not sure what to think of that.Clemson and A&M is a huge one. I expect a tough game.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 04 September 2019 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3825
Joined  2009-01-07

I saw that the UNC v Miami game is a sellout. That should be an interesting game.
Clemson is favored by 17.5 which seems high to me, but I hope they’re right.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 05 September 2019 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12649
Joined  2008-10-29

A&M really flapping their gums this week, we’ll see what happens.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 05 September 2019 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6239
Joined  2009-09-09
Clemtgrs - 05 September 2019 02:37 AM

A&M really flapping their gums this week, we’ll see what happens.

They really are talk serious smack.  They still compare last years game to now. 

I want Clemson’s next 2 games to be decisive wins because in both cases we haven’t had one QB go the distance.  Trevor was still very green last year and in the last 2 Syracuse Games we had our starting QB go down and everyone likes to make a big deal about Syracuse without taking into account the circumstance.

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 05 September 2019 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4027
Joined  2008-10-29

ACC should fare pretty well this week. I think the UM vs UNC game is the showcase game for a reason. I agree it will go a long way towards the Coastal. I do not think VT is done yet. I hope UNC shows up big this week. First home game, lots of things going on in CH, and a sell out for a night game. Big opportunity to impress guys.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 05 September 2019 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
UNC 98 - 05 September 2019 12:48 PM

ACC should fare pretty well this week. I think the UM vs UNC game is the showcase game for a reason. I agree it will go a long way towards the Coastal. I do not think VT is done yet. I hope UNC shows up big this week. First home game, lots of things going on in CH, and a sell out for a night game. Big opportunity to impress guys.

I agree.  Clemson and Texas A&M is a big national game, but for meat and potatoes league play this is a big one for the Coastal.  That division desperately needs a solid team to breakout.  The winner of this game should be in good shape.  What we don’t need is parity.  It was a bad look for Pitt going to the ACCCG.  We need at least a 9-10 win team to give it a good look.

I would love to see an undefeated UNC vs Clemson play and the schedule makes it possible if they beat UM..That could be a Gameday-type set up

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 06 September 2019 12:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I see a lot of talking heads picking A&M now as well.  When will they learn?  This is shaping up to be a game like the Alabama game last year.

Thank you for downplaying Clemson yet again, we thrive on this.  Now let’s go step on their throat.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 06 September 2019 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4669
Joined  2013-01-17

UVA dominating 35-3 at the half which is nice because I’ve seen ACC teams struggle with W&M before. 

Wake with a decent lead close to the half.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 07 September 2019 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

I let these overhyped Cuse fans get to me.  They were talking about winning 10 or 11 games and saying they liked their new QB (Devito) more than Dungey.  Cuse was gonna push Clemson and have gameday @Cuse.  WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Getting WORKED by Maryland 42-13 at the half.  Dino is doing that Tommy Bowden shit where he’s not even hiding that he’s given up on winning.  I’m guessing those ticket prices are dropping…

Side note, Michigan is getting beat by Army XD

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2019 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

Michigan needs a missed 50 yard FG by Army to go to OT.  I think it was the kids first FG attempt in college and it was close. 

Michigan wins in 2OT

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2019 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

If FSU chokes this game away to UL Monroe Willie might get fired TODAY

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2019 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

UNC is working over Miami pretty well right now.

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2019 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Ancient Orange - 07 September 2019 09:16 PM

UNC is working over Miami pretty well right now.

I’ve been watching the game and UNC looks really good.  That Freshman QB is a gamer and their Defense is getting after Miami.  What I’m really seeing in UNC is how well coached they are.

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 07 September 2019 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

UNC vs UVA could be a great one.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 08 September 2019 01:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4027
Joined  2008-10-29

UM may be the best 0-2 team in America. Their defense really adjusted and UNC did nothing for basically 2 and 1/2 quarters. UNC got behind with 4 minutes to play and had to convert 4th and 17 to keep the ball. Howell did and he is just got that ice water all through him. UNC has kept games close in the 4th quarter twice and won both. It ain’t how, just how many, right?

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

1 of 2