2 of 3
Coaches Hot Seat 2019 Weekly Discussion
Posted: 09 November 2019 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4775
Joined  2013-01-17

Arkansas getting a healthy dose of WKU (5-4). Not a good look for Chad down 35-7 just before the half….

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 09 November 2019 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12826
Joined  2008-10-29

I don’t think Chad survives this, not even sure he will make it to the end of the season.  Wonder if his son changes his mind on school selection should Chad get fired.  Not that we need another QB, but it’d be cool to see Morris, the Swinney boys, and Venables’s sons out there playing together, they used to do the same on the field before each game.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 10 November 2019 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Morris has been supposedly let go at Arkansas.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 10 November 2019 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17
Clemtgrs - 10 November 2019 12:52 PM

Morris has been supposedly let go at Arkansas.

$10M buyout. 

IMO he was too greedy and left Clemson too early.  Clemson helped Chad a lot and Chad helped Clemson a lot.  Overall I think it was better for Clemson that Chad left when he did as it helped us keep Elliot and Scott.  But if he stuck around another year or two and won a championship he could have gone straight to a better HC job and learn under Dabo.

Signature 

Posted: 10 November 2019 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6731
Joined  2009-09-09

I think Chad left at the right time…As import has he was to installing our offense, he got a little too cute sometimes on gimmick plays and frankly he wasn’t a good developer of QB’s.  Tajh Boyd and the WR’s we had made his job damn easy but I feel he got exposed when he kept trying to make Cole Stoudt play to the level of Tajh Boyd..The first game Elliot and Scott take over and Cole Stoudt’s last game the kid has the game of his life because they simplified things ans called plays the catered to his strength.

Elliot and Scott have also evolved the Offense with a much better balance of good running plays…Not as much TE as I would like but talent has something to do with that.

Chad was very instrumental to Clemson’s success, but we got better when he left.  His last greatest contribution was the recruitment of Deshaun Watson.

Signature 

Tomorrow morning…...get our people down to the docks.

I want every man and woman coming off the boats…...given hot soup and bread. We’re burying a lot of votes here tonight.

William “Boss” Tweed: Gangs of New York

Posted: 01 December 2019 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Steve Addazio has been fired at BC.  Wow, i mean i get that they want results but Steve Addazio WAS BC it felt like.  I wasn’t expecting to see his name in all of this really.  He’ll get another gig and i know it’s not really on his level anymore but I’d love for him to be a line coach for us.  Guy always seemed to have really tough line play.  One of the few coaches in the ACC I liked.

Also Charlie Strong fired at USF, does UofSC try and make a play while getting rid of Muschamp?  They used to love him here.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 01 December 2019 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Clemtgrs - 01 December 2019 06:23 PM

Steve Addazio has been fired at BC.  Wow, i mean i get that they want results but Steve Addazio WAS BC it felt like.  I wasn’t expecting to see his name in all of this really.  He’ll get another gig and i know it’s not really on his level anymore but I’d love for him to be a line coach for us.  Guy always seemed to have really tough line play.  One of the few coaches in the ACC I liked.

Also Charlie Strong fired at USF, does UofSC try and make a play while getting rid of Muschamp?  They used to love him here.

A little surprised at Addazio….Boston College is only going to be able to accomplish so much in this day of college football.  The place is a Pro-Market and all college sports play a distant second to the Pros. I think he’s a great coach for the school and this one is a head scratcher considering he just got a 2 year extension last year…I agree he will find another job somewhere…

Strong’s firing didn’t surprise me as USF has taken a backward step…He’s still a good defensive coach and should be able to land a coordinators job at a major school…

This is that time where heads start to roll and not just coaches…South Carolina is already cleaning house and I imagine any school with big buyout coaches that are too expensive to fire will be making staff moves..I’m sure Jimbo Fisher is starting to feel the heat…

I expect to hires at major schools to occur soon with early signing coming up.  The schools need to name their coaches soon so they can salvage a class

Signature 

I want every man and woman coming off the boats…...given hot soup and bread. We’re burying a lot of votes here tonight.

Posted: 01 December 2019 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

I think BC made a bad choice.  FSU could certainly use Addazio’s tallents. 

I wonder how the Aggies feel about Jimbo.  They gave him A LOT of money..  They were certain he would win them a NCG.  LOL.  Pretty ironic that Baylor is running the show with 2 super coaches and tried and true Patterson being their competition.

Signature 

Posted: 03 December 2019 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Out of no where Peterson steps down at Washington.  That’s a huge shocker, burnt out maybe?

Other news, FSU set up a stage like they were about to hold a press conference today.  Today Matt Campbell signs an extension at Iowa St and the stage at FSU is now being torn down.  We’re they really going after Campbell??  And did Campbell just play FSU for an Iowa St extension?  Hmmmm

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 03 December 2019 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9042
Joined  2008-10-29

Absolutely they did…just like Frank Beamer did Carolina back in 2000.

FSU should either go safe and pick a less sexy high like Stoops, or just give the interim staff a 3 year deal and wait for a bigger name to be available and want the job.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 03 December 2019 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17
Clemtgrs - 03 December 2019 12:43 PM

Out of no where Peterson steps down at Washington.  That’s a huge shocker, burnt out maybe?

Other news, FSU set up a stage like they were about to hold a press conference today.  Today Matt Campbell signs an extension at Iowa St and the stage at FSU is now being torn down.  We’re they really going after Campbell??  And did Campbell just play FSU for an Iowa St extension?  Hmmmm

Yikes.  Maybe they should call Peterson and Ron Rivera and see what their plans are.

Signature 

Posted: 04 December 2019 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

The Peterson resignation was a surprise but probably a savvy move if he has ambitions of coaching at another high level school.  He’s probably taking Washington as far as he can go and perhaps this time off will allow him to recharge the batteries and look for the next coaching job…perhaps in the South where the recruiting lanes are more fertile and the passion for the sport is much great than the PAC 12.

On another note, here we are in December and there has been no news out of Tallahassee for FSU. I would have thought they would have landed a coach by now…I get the feeling the type of “ringer” that would consider the job is going to want a lot more autonomy than then boosters will be willing to give and I think that could be a problem….

Signature 

Posted: 04 December 2019 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Everything I’ve read about Peterson says that ambition at a higher level school may not be what he wants.  He hates attention, he loves blending in and almost being forgotten.  He said when he got to Seattle he loved it because in that big of a city no one knew who he was and a college coach was not front page news.  He isn’t motivated by money or fame.  He may never coach again and just be happy working in the back office of Washington.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 04 December 2019 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Arkansas has apparently interviewed Mike Leach and Lane Kiffen.  If other jobs were available I would want one of those before Arky…Alabama, and LSU dominated that division and I’m not sure Arkansas can quickly get back to a competitive level.

FSU is the job that can have a fast turn around.

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2019 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Your guy Mike Leach inked a new deal with Washington St.  he won’t be heading south anytime soon.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

2 of 3