NC State@WVU
Furman@VaTech
Citadel@GaTech
Louisville@Western KY
Bethune-Cookman@Miami
Duke@MiddleTennessee
Clemson@Syracuse
FSU@UVA

Another good week in store.  A few cupcakes but overall very interesting games.

UNC Wake certainly has a new level of interest.  I would love to see them undefeated when we play them as a hopeful gameday.

NC State will be interesting I still don’t know how good they are.

Clemson vs Syracuse.  They’ve been a thorn in our side mainly because we haven’t been able to have a starting QB play healthy for a few years.  The line is Clemson and 27.5 and I think if Ga offered legal sports betting I would put a few dollars on this one because Clemson will want to exorcise the demons of Syracuse.

The FSU trainwreck will probably get worse after UVa gets a hold of them

Pitt-PSU is a old time rivalry that will be fun to watch.

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 10 September 2019 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4027
Joined  2008-10-29

Mixed bag this week. Pitt will have a tough time. I think UVa will smash FSU. I would like UNC to win also, but yet again UNC is the underdog going into the game. This game will be a good comparison of two quality quarterbacks. The two defenses will also be great to compare. If, and it’s a kind of big if, UNC can beat WF and App St it does look like a gameday possibility. It would also guarantee a night game on ABC. That would be huge for UNC, especially if they can manage to keep it kind of close. There’s a lot of if’s in that, though. I would just be happy with a win Friday night for now.

WVU is garbage this season. If NCSU doesn’t bury them it should be disappointing.
Everyone else, except Pitt, should win one would think. Who would have thought Louisville and GT 2-1? I have to work Saturday, so I’ll miss a lot.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 13 September 2019 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12649
Joined  2008-10-29

Kansas going to pull the upset on BC, wow.  Not just by the skin of their teeth either, dominated.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 13 September 2019 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6239
Joined  2009-09-09
Clemtgrs - 13 September 2019 10:12 PM

Kansas going to pull the upset on BC, wow.  Not just by the skin of their teeth either, dominated.

I’ve been watching the game and you are correct..Kansas is just beating them.  The old Mad Hatter still has a few tricks left up his sleeve.  They look good

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 13 September 2019 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Crazy all the games I felt like we’d be challenged in now look like super easy wins on paper, and some of the easy ones like Wake now look tougher.

BC got smacked.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 14 September 2019 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4669
Joined  2013-01-17

How do you lose to Coastal Carolina and then destroy BC?  I didn’t know all of these games were on last night.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 14 September 2019 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Without seeing us play yet today, we’re going to slice through the ACC like a hot knife.  VT losing to Furman, GT losing to Citadel, what we saw last night.  ACC ain’t looking to strong.  Wake could be our best game.  We’ll see what develops tonight.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 14 September 2019 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Pitt just took the lead on Penn State and NC State is ties with WVU at the half.  VT has much deeper issues than originally thought.  Justin Fuentes is going to feel the hot seat if he loses for the second straight year to an FCS school.

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 14 September 2019 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Pitt missed a great opportunity.  Had 1st and goal on the 1/2 yard line and can’t put it it.  Rather than go for it and in the worst case PSU is pinned back, they try a field goal and missed the damn game.  I have to put that loss on poor coaching.

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 14 September 2019 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

GT lost to Citadel in OT.  Wow wow wow.  We knew the rebuild would take a while but yikes!

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 14 September 2019 10:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

FSU vs UVA coming down to the wire, UVA pushing.  This might be crazy.  Will FSU lose ANOTHER one?  This would be a really really good and well needed win for FSU if they can hang on.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 14 September 2019 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

UVA just scored to go up with 2mins left in the game.  Drama!

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 14 September 2019 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

UVA had FSU in 4th and 15, got called for PI and gave them a 1st down.  Should of been a no call.  1:21 left.

Then Bronco gets T’d up with unsportsmanlike conduct for another 15.  30yds on penalties for FSU to give them another shot.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 14 September 2019 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Refs really trying to screw UVA, gave FSU another 1st down on 4th down for roughing the passer, which it wasn’t….dude took a dive.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 14 September 2019 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

LOL FSU goes for a direct snap to the RB with no time on the clock instead of running up and spiking the ball for a good shot at the end zone…..at around the 5yd line.  UVA wins.  Wow FSU, you need new coaches.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 14 September 2019 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3825
Joined  2009-01-07

Overall, a bad week for the ACC teams. It didn’t help that Maryland, who looked great against Syracuse, lost to Temple. NCSU had a bad loss. GT ? I like The Citadel so that was good with me, but not a good look for conference claims.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson