Deion Sanders to FSU?  No Way!
Posted: 08 November 2019 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6409
Joined  2009-09-09

Prime Time is being reported to be a candidate for the job.  As great of a college and pro player as he was, I can’t imagine them hiring him.  Of course, Arizona State is doing much better than expected with Herm Edwards but FSU is on another level of existence to ASU..

The media would love this one…

Please be true!

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 08 November 2019 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12751
Joined  2008-10-29

He’s was doing some coaching at Trinity Christian School for a while.  Coaching his sons.  I’m not sure it will translate well at FSU.  I think it’s as splash of a name as you can get, I think at first the FSU fans might love it because he is an FSU legend, but I don’t think it will work long term. 

Would FSU chance hiring him on the condition of him just filling the gap between Taggert and who they really want that may not be available yet?  Deion has always been flashy and had his hands in pretty much everything, can he focus solely on FSU?  It takes a LOT of time and effort to manage a big D1 program, seems like he would have to give up a lot to coach FSU.  Maybe he wants that, I don’t know.

This is such a Deion and FSU thing to do, if this happens it will not surprise me in the slightest, but I’m not sure it will be the best thing for FSU in the long run.  But who else can they realistically get?

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 08 November 2019 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4735
Joined  2013-01-17

There is no way this will happen.  He’s not a coach.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 08 November 2019 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12751
Joined  2008-10-29

But doesn’t part of you want to see it happen?

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 09 November 2019 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  834
Joined  2009-07-04

The AD and President would be placing their job security in the hands of a guy with zero coaching experience- no freaking way.
They would go to a big name Assistant before Deon.
But yes Clem, it would be fun to watch.

Posted: 09 November 2019 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4735
Joined  2013-01-17

It would be like turning a premier program into the CFB version of the Kardashians.  If you brought him in as a DB coach to mostly help with recruiting that would be a different story.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 11 November 2019 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8704
Joined  2008-10-29

If you like watching a sports car get driven into a train wreck then you want to see this happen.

For FSUs sake and as someone who wants good football teams in the ACC, I hope it does not.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 11 November 2019 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3880
Joined  2009-01-07

I think this is a fun idea to think about but isn’t going anywhere.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson