1 of 2
Clemson vs UofSC
Posted: 19 November 2019 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12799
Joined  2008-10-29

I only start this thread to report how bad and dire things are here in Columbia.  It’s bad.  They are hoping we beat them by 50 to run Muschamp out of town.  I’ve heard more people say this year they don’t plan to attend the game than any other year I can remember, die hard UofSC fans.  Which is convenient because today their president who can’t keep his mouth shut says that if they totally implode and no one shows up he will have a discussion about a coaching change.  This comes a day after he reports that Ray Tanner contacted FSU to find out how they worked through Taggart’s buyout.  And two days after saying that Tanner and Muschamp were his picks and he is fully behind them….until they aren’t.

Never have I seen the distaste and apathy for football in Columbia more than now.  I still consider them at least a little dangerous.  Rivalry game, they have nothing to lose, we have everything to lose, on the road.  At least it’s at noon, and it’s one of the season goals for us so we focus a bit more on it.  Imagine possibly beating two top 5 teams in a single year and still not being bowl eligible, yikes. 

The question is not how much do we beat them by, it’s how much do we beat them by to allow Muschamp to keep his job?

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 19 November 2019 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3888
Joined  2009-01-07

Yeah, the interest has definitely declined among USC fans. It’s been a big disappointment of a season for them. I can’t believe how much they’ve been in the press with the back and forth on Muschamp. That’s not a good look and doesn’t inspire much confidence.
I do look for the USC team to come out fired up. They would love to knock us out of the playoff and to have also beaten Georgia. I don’t think they have the players to hang in there though.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 19 November 2019 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6438
Joined  2009-09-09

Beating Clemson is all they have to play for.  They won’t be going to a bowl and the fans have checked out on this season.  Stub Hub last time I checked has something like 6000 tickets available for sale and very affordable prices.

Clemson won’t hang 50 on them.  Assuming the game plays out like we expect, Dabo will get his starters out as early as possible to save them for the ACCCG.

I am worried about the fans throwing trash on the field as they like to do…I’m sure Dabo will address this with the ref’s prior to the game.

Another thing I worry about is cheap shots on our stars. They have nothing to lose and I could see some dirty hits.

I do hope Feaster plays…I want to see our Defense wrap his ass up and remind him of how stupid he was to leave…He would have had better numbers as a backup than what he’s done at Carolina…

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 19 November 2019 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

They could give me tickets for free and I’d rip them up right there on the spot.  Never going back to a game there.  Hope its a sea of orange from those that do want to brave it.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 19 November 2019 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4759
Joined  2013-01-17

Their administration has been VERY Busch league the last week or two.  They are definitely making things worse.  That plus Boom is proving all the Clemson fans right and the coots cant stand it. 

And a stat that really shocked me the other day regarding Georgia.  I don’t really think they compare to Clemson.  Their offense has really struggled this year.  How much?  They’ve scored 181 less points less than Clemson.  They haven’t scored over 27 points in FIVE WEEKS. 

Don’t be shocked if USC only scores because of a Clemson turnover and loses by 30+.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 20 November 2019 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Welp, looks like Edwards their top WR is doubtful for this one.  They will be a one trick pony with a stable of injured horses in the backfield.

Also, the game is a nooner.  Could get ugly.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 20 November 2019 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

There was another press release today from the Prez that was a very scripted “We support our coaches and intend to support them for many years to come”. 

They haven’t gone full Tennessee with this yet but they are getting close.

Signature 

Posted: 25 November 2019 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

11/25/19

Well, rivalry week is here and to be blunt, I’m not that excited.  USCjr is so bad and Clemson has risen to an elite level in college football that this game just doesn’t have any sex appeal.  I’m guessing the UGA fans probably feel the same way about play GT.

When both teams have something to play for other than bragging rights the game is much more meaningful.  Hell, even when Spurrier was owning us in the 5-year run that was much more entertaining because we had something to shoot for, South Carolina was a decent program and the Dabo-Spurrier trash talking made the series fun.

Since Clemson and USC are not in the Same league, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings to move this game to the middle of the season similar to what Texas and Oklahoma do. I would love to play FSU at the end of the year as it would have conference implications.  FSU is our biggest rival and they won’t be down forever. Sooner or later they will get things fixed and be competitive in the ACC.

Signature 

I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing “I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener”.

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 25 November 2019 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

The vast difference in the programs has killed all the usual clucking.  Most coot fans right now hate their team t
From some of the players all the way to the Prez and BOT.  Complete turmoil. 

Willy B is gonna be pretty orange this weekend.

Signature 

Posted: 30 November 2019 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Today is the day.  Had to go into work this morning (should be done before the game) which is in downtown Columbia, and at 8am I breezed right in.  Almost no traffic downtown.  Are the chickens awake yet?  Will they even show up to the game?  I expect we will see a lot of orange there today.  Hope we see a lot of orange in the end zone.

Go Tigers!

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 30 November 2019 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Offense moves the ball but our oline gets man handled at the goal line and they stand.  We better wake up!  They got nothing to lose today!

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 30 November 2019 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Welp, defense gets an INT.  Time to go back to work!

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 30 November 2019 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

We are going in dry

Signature 

Edgar Friendly….

Posted: 30 November 2019 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Defense getting beat a little bit right now.  We gotta tighten up.  Should of had that INT to start the drive.

Lots of holding going on not being called.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 30 November 2019 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Offense is looking pretty good.  I wish we could run a bit more but they seem to be selling out to stop that so I’ll keep taking long throws. 

Defense doing fairly well but we need to keep them from converting those long 3rd downs.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 30 November 2019 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Is it just me or is the broadcast very awkward?  Lots of dead air and uncomfortable silence like they don’t know what to talk about or say.

Didn’t like our play calling leading up to the field goal, but glad we got points before half since USCjr gets the ball first.  Go Tigers, keep it up!!!

To be honest it should be 31 after getting stood up on the goal line on that first drive.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

1 of 2

‹‹ Tua’s Hip Injury     VT vs UVA ››