2 of 2
2019 College Football Conference Championship Games Discussion
Posted: 07 December 2019 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12840
Joined  2008-10-29

I knew Wisconsin would blow it.  They’ve given up 17 unanswered points.  Ohio State now leads 24-21 going into the 4th.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 08 December 2019 12:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Ohio State going to start pulling away more here.  Another Ohio St vs Clemson matchup out west in the fiesta bowl??  Was 31-0 in Clemson’s favor last time.  Will be quite the shoot out.  Fields and Lawrence can meet again, you’ll remember they both were fighting for that #1 QB spot coming out of HS, both from GA.  They went to HS 19 miles apart.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 08 December 2019 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4812
Joined  2013-01-17

Well Clemson spanked that ass.  UVA was far more productive than I expected them to be.  They made Muse look bad several times.  Their defense got smoked though.  I’m kinda shocked their defense seemed so much better going into this game.  62 points and 619 yards, could have scored one more at the end too.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 08 December 2019 12:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

You better believe Ohio St/LSU will exploit that Muse matchup.  It’s glaring and scary.  Hopefully he had a bad night but yikes, it was all game long.  I didn’t expect them to be that productive either, and we hardly got pressure.

Great program win.  Another Clemson Championship.  Onto the Playoffs once again.  I won’t know what to do with myself when the year we don’t make it at least to the Semis comes.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 08 December 2019 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6846
Joined  2009-09-09

Yeah..Tanner Muse is the weak link.  If you recall in the Alabama game, Tua burned him on a deep route…

I fully expect LSU to be number 1 today.  We will most likely be playing Ohio State and if the same OSU that played Wisconsin yesterday shows up we will blow them off the field.

Signature 

Edgar Friendly

Because I like to think, I like to read. I’m into freedom of speech, the freedom of choice. I’m the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - “Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of BBQ ribs with the side order of gravy fries?” I want high cholesterol.

Posted: 08 December 2019 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9152
Joined  2008-10-29

I think y’all got screwed on location though. LSU is going to spank OU leaving them a home game for the national championship.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 08 December 2019 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Playing LSU at home for the national championship is not ideal crowd wise, but ETN is going to go off that game.  He wanted LSU, LSU didn’t want him, he was a very late add for us and you gotta believe he would LOVE to play LSU right next to home for a national championship before he jets to the NFL.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 08 December 2019 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4812
Joined  2013-01-17

I’m just hoping that Muse just had a bad night.  He’s actually been very good all year and has a few INTs.  He’s still stiff but if need be BV will play him deeper. 

We didn’t get much pressure partially because BV stopped blitzing as much since Perkins made us pay for that early.  When we got them in throwing situations on 3rd down he would bring the dogs.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

2 of 2