2019 Bowl Game Discussion
Posted: 27 December 2019 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6589
Joined  2009-09-09

The Miami-La Tech Game was painful to watch.  It’s performances like this that really hurts the ACC. “The U” getting shut out by a C-USA school is pathetic. 

Pitt won, but again I expected a lot more against Eastern Michigan….

I think Willie Taggart could be set up for another failure.  He’s taking over a FAU university that Lane Kiffen left on top with a conference title and the best winning record since the school has had a program. If he can’t keep up with what he’s inherited he will have a very hard time getting a top gig again.

Signature 

Posted: 27 December 2019 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4775
Joined  2013-01-17

Miami is just sooo sooo bad on offense.  The fact that they were in the ACCCG conversation late in the season is terrible. 

I don’t understand how Pitt almost beat PSU earlier in the season and didn’t do shit since.

UNC is looking pretty good against Temple so far.  They look inspired and well coached.  I can still see they have fake classes though.  Fake injury classes.  How are kids so bad at faking injuries?  Just pretend you have a cramp!

One thing I don’t know about any of these games is who is sitting out.  Players sitting out is becoming more and more prevalent and I think this will wildly distort post season results.  I know this has been happening for a few years but it was mostly elite players in B-rate games.  Are we to the point where anyone that loses a bowl game is “because players sat out”? Again, I haven’t followed close enough to know if this is the case with any of the games so far, just asking. 

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 27 December 2019 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6589
Joined  2009-09-09

Agree on all UNC points.  Glad to see UNC rebound.  Mack Brown has certainly established a good foundation to build a program on.

I can say I blame a kid that is a NFL prospect to risk injury playing in a B or C tier bowl.

While I don’t want to see the playoffs expand, I would imagine that players at those schools in the tournament will probably stick around.

I am eager to see how the ACC plays against Power 5 schools.

Signature 

Posted: 27 December 2019 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12826
Joined  2008-10-29

UNC looking really good in their game.  They’ve blown them out.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 27 December 2019 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12826
Joined  2008-10-29

Wake seemed to just give their game away.  I thought they had it.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 28 December 2019 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4081
Joined  2008-10-29

UNC played their first complete game of year in the final game. Last 3 games have set stage for the future. 2020 team might be real good, but schedule tough to start. At UCF and Auburn in Atlanta. 2021 UNC will be very, very good. I truly like the feeling around the program. MB will have rolling contract renewals to keep it at 5 years. He looks alive, and looked healthier around mid section as season went on. Dances in locker room with players after wins. All guys who could go early are coming back. Just exciting. Were just better than Temple at every position. Score showed.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!