Looks Like The ACC is Close to adopting a 2020 Schedule
Posted: 24 July 2020 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6810
Joined  2009-09-09

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Reports-New-ACC-football-schedule-emerging-as-favorite-35874

Looks like they want a 10 game conference schedule with one non-conference game and it’s looking like Notre Dame could be possibly eligible for the ACC title.

I don’t know if they would still have a conference title game. I’m guessing not with a 10 game schedule.

To be honest, I’m ok with a 10 game schedule.  I would like 2 non conference games to have a 12 game schedule and I’m not thrilled about ND having a chance to win the ACC unless they agree to join the league completely.

Signature 

Edgar Friendly

Because I like to think, I like to read. I’m into freedom of speech, the freedom of choice. I’m the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - “Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of BBQ ribs with the side order of gravy fries?” I want high cholesterol.

Posted: 25 July 2020 12:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4131
Joined  2008-10-29

Crazy times, crazy rumors. If it happens the world will keep spinning. ND usually gets what they want, kind of like a spoiled child. The ACC will pander to them with hopes they eventually see the writing to the wall and join the league. I’ve read 10+1. That means 10 ACC games for ND plus Navy. If they come to UNC I’d like them to bring the band and those dancers.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 27 July 2020 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4055
Joined  2009-01-07

It’s good to see something happening. With conferences considering only having conference games, ND could have a big problem with having a season this year. The ACC had a pretty strong bargaining chip.

I’m ok with this schedule idea. Most will use the +1 for a rivalry type of game. I’m glad they’re allowing that versus just conference games. It is going to hurt the smaller schools that unfortunately count on the games with the bigger schools for their athletic budgets.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 30 July 2020 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

10+1 ACC Schedule with ND being eligible to win the ACC and they equally share the NBC money.

I could get use to this schedule.  I’ve always been a proponent of no divisions with the 2 best teams at the end of the year going to the league championship game. Tie breakers can easily be added such as CFB committee rankings, head-to-head, etc.

I would like a 12th game to allow a second quality non-conference game.

Right now Clemson and ND should be the favorites and could play twice in the same year which is a win for the ACC.

This type of schedule allows any program to play all teams during a players career a few times whereas right now a player may not even play against a team in the league.

Signature 

Edgar Friendly

Because I like to think, I like to read. I’m into freedom of speech, the freedom of choice. I’m the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - “Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of BBQ ribs with the side order of gravy fries?” I want high cholesterol.

Posted: 31 July 2020 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2010-09-06

The SEC is going with a later start and a ten game conference schedule. That means USC, UGA, UF, and UK miss out on in state rivalries. It’s going to be a strange season.

Signature 

“you are what your record says you are” Bill Parcells

Posted: 31 July 2020 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
legalfee - 31 July 2020 10:53 AM

The SEC is going with a later start and a ten game conference schedule. That means USC, UGA, UF, and UK miss out on in state rivalries. It’s going to be a strange season.

I have to give credit the the UofSC for being the sole vote to allow a plus 1 to preserve the rivalry games

Signature 

Edgar Friendly

Posted: 31 July 2020 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2010-09-06
CU_Tigers4life - 31 July 2020 03:13 PM
legalfee - 31 July 2020 10:53 AM

I have to give credit the the UofSC for being the sole vote to allow a plus 1 to preserve the rivalry games

Actually Caslen was the sole no vote for the 10 game conference schedule. I would be a proponent of the 10+1 schedule every year. And the plus one would have to be a power 5 team. No playing Furman and Coastal Carolina.

Signature 

“you are what your record says you are” Bill Parcells

Posted: 03 August 2020 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4055
Joined  2009-01-07

I hate that the SEC didn’t allow the plus 1. That cancels some big games that mean a lot to people. I’m not sure what that accomplishes.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson