1 of 2
ESPN Article on the state of FSU’s Football Program
Posted: 20 November 2020 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6929
Joined  2009-09-09

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30331494/deep-deep-hole-6-year-unraveling-florida-state-football

This was a surprising good read.  I was expecting it to throw Jimbo under the bus but he is portrayed as a coach that was hamstrung by administration and boosters that felt like they could win off of the FSU brand spending less money rather than understanding the changing times of football. I still think Jimbo was bad at looking the other way when his players were getting into trouble.

As bad as things are at FSU, I still think it’s the type of program that can turn the ship around pretty quickly with the right pieces in place.  I’ve watched a game at Doak-Campbell and it’s nice.  Lovely campus, ideal recruiting location.

Signature 

Dabo Swinney:

“I’ve been in this league for 18 years. I’ve been the head coach here for 12. (Florida State has) had three coaches in four years… I’m not gonna worry about advice from Tallahassee.”

Posted: 20 November 2020 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4155
Joined  2008-10-29

Read to me like when the one gentleman got cancer and died the whole thing went off the rails. FSU is unique in a way. Let’s hope for the sake of the league they get it back to somewhere near their expectations.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 21 November 2020 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12881
Joined  2008-10-29

They haven’t gotten their shit together yet.  Game today was postponed, 3hrs from kickoff because the medical teams couldn’t agree.  Clemson wanted to play, hell we TRAVELED, and FSU didn’t want to play.  They knew ahead of time and still let us travel.  FSU program is an embarrassment and I wish they would melt into the ground and go away.  Screw them, their coach, and their garbage admin.  How can you let us travel before making this call????  How can the league not step in as a 3rd party??

Should 100% count as a forfeit.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 21 November 2020 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1049
Joined  2010-09-06
Clemtgrs - 21 November 2020 10:05 AM

They haven’t gotten their shit together yet.  Game today was postponed, 3hrs from kickoff because the medical teams couldn’t agree.  Clemson wanted to play, hell we TRAVELED, and FSU didn’t want to play.  They knew ahead of time and still let us travel.  FSU program is an embarrassment and I wish they would melt into the ground and go away.  Screw them, their coach, and their garbage admin.  How can you let us travel before making this call????  How can the league not step in as a 3rd party??

Should 100% count as a forfeit.

Completely agree. Where is the ACC in all of this? So a school calls the shots on whether they play or not with no consideration for the other team? FSU will pay for this.

Signature 

“you are what your record says you are” Bill Parcells

Posted: 22 November 2020 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

I’m not buy the safety of the players reason for not playing.  It’s my belief that if the roles were reversed and FSU was still competing for national titles and a 2 win Clemson comes to Tally with a Covid-player expecting an old fashioned beating that the school would have played the game.

This was a dodge and I really hope this game gets played this year because FSU owes Clemson a 350-400K beat down to cover the cost of traveling to game that didn’t get played.

Signature 

Dabo Swinney:

“I’ve been in this league for 18 years. I’ve been the head coach here for 12. (Florida State has) had three coaches in four years… I’m not gonna worry about advice from Tallahassee.”

Posted: 22 November 2020 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Clemson offered to have a short turnaround week and play FSU today (Sunday) or even Monday.  FSU declined both.  THAT shows you are just trying to escape.  If we do get to play them this year I expect to see an unrelenting beat down.  I heard Dabo was NOT happy with this.  He will turn the dogs loose and not call them off if this one gets played.  Can’t wait.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 22 November 2020 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4867
Joined  2013-01-17

If I were Dabo I would use this as negative recruiting.  “FSU is scare to play Clemson” would be in every headline I could get in.  The ACC should have stepped in.  They are hurting their own odds of getting 2 teams in and therefore revenue, which will also be shared with FSU. 

He’s a first year coach.  He’s not on the hotseat.  Skipping the game to avoid a loss to Clemson in the record books is really soft. 

Maybe somebody should have told Mike that pissing off Dabo is not the best way to start your first year in the league. 

I hope we DO NOT play the makeup game the week before the ACCCG.  We don’t need to give ND advantages again with extra prep time.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 22 November 2020 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Dabo really ripped FSU up in todays telecast:

Dabo starts at the 4:40 point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP7fTKV10AE&t=452s

Signature 

Dabo Swinney:

Posted: 22 November 2020 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4867
Joined  2013-01-17

Spittin fire.

Signature 

2016 & 2018 National Champions

Posted: 23 November 2020 03:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Love it!  No mercy.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 24 November 2020 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

I would like to know what the hell is the difference when Pitt went to play FSU in Tally a player tested positive for Covid the day of the game and FSU still felt it was safe for to play that game but not our game?

They played a night game and the report came out in the early afternoon.  When someone can explain this then I’ll but the “health and safety” BS FSU is trying to sell in postponing the game. The only health and safety was the beating their team was about to receive.

Signature 

Dabo Swinney:

Posted: 24 November 2020 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4107
Joined  2009-01-07

Dabo laid it out in his press conference. He was pissed and made some good points. It is a bad look for FSU.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 24 November 2020 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Curggr - 24 November 2020 11:53 AM

Dabo laid it out in his press conference. He was pissed and made some good points. It is a bad look for FSU.

A lot of the sports media has been jumping on Dabo over this…there’s zero coverage on the Pitt angle which is significant

Signature 

Dabo Swinney:

Posted: 24 November 2020 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07

Yeah, I knew they would because we traveled with a guy that tested positive. That’s all they need to hear. Once again though, it’s without all the information.

Signature 

Posted: 25 November 2020 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

There seems to be some conflict in what’s being reported about the Pittsburg/FSU Covid matter.  ESPN is saying that “sources” are denying the Covid issue occurd:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30380088/clemson-florida-state-coach-battles-inevitable-challenges-playing-pandemic

Here’s the paragraph:

Swinney fired back on his Monday night radio show, again lambasting FSU and building on a debunked story that, just a week earlier, Pitt had traveled with a sick player and Florida State still played the game. (According to a source at Pitt, that is not true.)

On Nov 7th stated that the Pittsburg Athletic Dept verified this happened.

I would like to know what happened.

The narrative is now “why is Dabo not letting this go”? Since this game was going to be a blowout why worry.

Dabo understands this is a bigger picture than just the game.  It affects recruiting,  specific players whose college career is coming to an end, the CFP rankings. (Not just getting in but seeding). Dabo also knows his team needs to see their coach standing up for them.  That’s why 1st round draft choices will stick around or assistants stay long term.  These people will walk through brick walls and eat glass for Dabo.

It’s more than just the game

Signature 

Dabo Swinney:

Posted: 25 November 2020 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07

I don’t know all the details regarding the Pitt story, but I have seen this coverage. It doesn’t specifically say when the player tested positive or if he traveled, but it was confirmed at 2:34 for a 4:00 game.

By: KDKA-TV News Staff

TALLAHASSEE, Fl. (KDKA) — A Pitt Panthers player will sit out Saturday’s scheduled game against Florida State Seminoles due to COVID-19 protocols, according to the University of Pittsburgh Department of Athletics.

The Pitt Department of Athletics confirmed the news at 2:34 p.m. Saturday but did not say the identity of the affected player.

Saturday’s game, scheduled for 4 p.m., is an away game for the Panthers.

Yes, Dabo is reacting in defense of his program for a lot more reasons than the one game against FSU. The players definitely appreciate it and love him.

Signature 

1 of 2