Joined  2010-09-06

Looks like it’s going to happen.

Signature 

“you are what your record says you are” Bill Parcells

Posted: 26 January 2021 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4129
Joined  2009-01-07

There’s certainly a lot of talk about it. In general, I would see UT as a good job, but I’m not sure I would want to go there now with the mess they have these days. I could see a good coach pulling them up and getting to the point of being competitive. It will take a few years, and that’s about when the alumni are likely to get impatient and want to pull the plug. I would rather be the guy after that.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 26 January 2021 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2010-09-06
Curggr - 26 January 2021 10:15 AM

There’s certainly a lot of talk about it. In general, I would see UT as a good job, but I’m not sure I would want to go there now with the mess they have these days. I could see a good coach pulling them up and getting to the point of being competitive. it will take a few years, and that’s about when the alumni are likely to get impatient and want to pull the plug. I would rather be the guy after that.

Yeah I’m with you wouldn’t want to walk into that mess. They could still get Freeze or Heupel. They did make a good move dumping Fulmer and getting White.

Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2021 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
legalfee - 26 January 2021 10:21 AM
Curggr - 26 January 2021 10:15 AM

There’s certainly a lot of talk about it. In general, I would see UT as a good job, but I’m not sure I would want to go there now with the mess they have these days. I could see a good coach pulling them up and getting to the point of being competitive. it will take a few years, and that’s about when the alumni are likely to get impatient and want to pull the plug. I would rather be the guy after that.

Yeah I’m with you wouldn’t want to walk into that mess. They could still get Freeze or Heupel. They did make a good move dumping Fulmer and getting White.

I agree, those wouldn’t be bad options for them. I think hiring White was a good move for both the school and him. They certainly needed to get rid of Fulmer. He hasn’t been successful, and if you want to clean up a program, he’s not your guy.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2021 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6955
Joined  2009-09-09

UT is Radioactive.  It’s likely the NCAA is going to lower the hammer on the Vols.  With a program that can’t cheat and be successful what can any coach expect to accomplished in the next 5 years?

From everything I’ve every read, Tony Elliot is a quality guy and college football needs men like him to succeed.  He would get paid well, but he would need a long term contract load with a huge buyout if they follow the SEC trend of impatient schools firing coaches in 3-4 years because they can’t beat Nick Saban

Signature 

Dabo Swinney:

“I’ve been in this league for 18 years. I’ve been the head coach here for 12. (Florida State has) had three coaches in four years… I’m not gonna worry about advice from Tallahassee.”

Posted: 27 January 2021 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07

I think he is a good guy. I don’t know him, but I know his family and people that played with him and coached him. All say the same.

I heard a rumor that he was offered and declined because of the concerns about NCAA sanctions. I have no idea whether or not that’s true, but I heard it from a Clemson source.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2021 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2010-09-06

Looks like it’s going to be Josh Heupel. Package deal with White. Elliot can do better.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2021 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07

I like that Elliot is being picky. He does have the ability and is in a good situation until he make a move, so there’s no hurry.

I think this may be a good hire for UT. He’s obviously done well and has a good working relationship with White.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2021 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6955
Joined  2009-09-09

Now the UCF has an opening does Tony Elliot become a candidate for that job?

Signature 

Dabo Swinney:

“I’ve been in this league for 18 years. I’ve been the head coach here for 12. (Florida State has) had three coaches in four years… I’m not gonna worry about advice from Tallahassee.”

Posted: 28 January 2021 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
CU_Tigers4life - 27 January 2021 09:25 PM

Now the UCF has an opening does Tony Elliot become a candidate for that job?

That would be interesting. I could see that being an attractive job as a first HC gig. He seems to be waiting for the perfect job though.

Signature