My list of teams that will be the best prospects to win their first championship:
1. Wisconsin (the Badgers have a good young coach, better and better national brand…which means better and better recruiting. They are in the winnable Big 10(11?) and will be a top team for years to come. One of these years they could run through the Big 11 schedule and have a shot to win it all.
2. Oregon (they had their shot against Auburn and they couldnt get it done, but they will be back…IF they don’t get busted for cheating before then…lots of smoke around that program)
3. Oklahoma State (almost made it to the big game last season, if it were not for a bad loss to Iowa State. They have big money boosters, nice facilities and solid recruiting. they will get their shot)
4. West Virginia (now in the Big 12, if they can get to 11 or 12 wins…they can get a bid to the playoffs in the coming years and make some noise. look for the ‘eers to continue to be a national player)
5. Utah (the Utes have been undefeated in other conferences before…and even beat Alabama in a BCS game. If they can pull a Stanford and win big in the Pac 12 one of these years…they could get a shot at a title)
6. Virginia Tech (the Hokies will move up this list very fast if they join the SEC. Right now, the ACC is holding their hopes down a bit…as I just dont see them beating FSU and Clemson consistently. If FSU and Clemson join the Big 12..V Tech will dominate the ACC or move to the SEC…I believe the SEC is their only shot at Championship aspirations…if they can compete against the SEC big boys.