There are a lot of intangibles that makes this pretty easy to understand what went into his decision…
1. His friends are going to Clemson….
2. Brent Venables being the new DC from OU had to bring some clout.
3. Being from UGA, his family will get the added benefit of seeing him play against UGa in our 2013/2014 Home and Home not to mention our South Carolina game that is so close as well. We are playing 2 upper level SEC teams within a 2 hour drive from Clemson….that is not bad at all!
4. Clemson is definitely on the upswing and we have demonstrated that freshmen will have the chance to play and make an impact if they have the chops. Last years recruiting class definitely created momentum.
5. The media likes Clemson…..good or bad. You will be seen on TV at Clemson. When we we on our 8-0 run, there where national stories and tv interviews everywhere you look. Even when we screw up we still give them something to talk about…but we aren’t ignored.
This call isn’t that surprising.